Smyrna @ Brentwood

Bulldog86

What people may not understand is that Brentwood scored a TD with 19 seconds left vs. Lavergne when all they had to do was down the ball to run out the clock. Nice sportsmanship there Brentwood. Truth is they are really only 1 TD better than Lavergne, so they may also have trouble vs. Smyrna.

One question about Smyrna though. When are they going to arrest the misfits who vandalized their athletic facilities at the end of the last school year? Murder cases have been solved faster. It's time the perps are arrested and shown on the 10 p.m. news.

That's retarded - Brentwood is up 1 score running between the tackles. Besides, the Lavergne line was so tired, Coffee's dad Otis could have run through that hole. :hungry: As in most football games, I think this one will be decided on the line of scrimmage. Should be a great game. You Smyrna folks come ready to tailgate.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad last week for a quarterback with one good wheel. he is more confident this year. The running game is there. Saw flashes of that at times. Defense struggled and still pitched a shutout. can't wait until they play as a team. Worked the wrinkles out in practice this week. If both the run and gun are on target it will be wild. Brentwood always plays tough from coin toss to final whistle. Should be the best game this firday night.

LaVergne is MUCH better than anyone is giving them credit for. Hopefully the paper was wrong today and Smyrna's QB will be ready to go and will get to play.

Good Luck Smyrna.

LOD, I was at practice for a bit today and he was going with the 1's. He was braced and taped up but walking and running without a limp. He's not 100% but I'm pretty sure he'll go.

As far as the Chicken Sadwich.........YUMY!!!!! I'll be trying that......thanks for that bit of info.

GO DOGS!

So, how did it turn out for Smyrna tonight?

--------------------------------------------

Extremely close but I think Smyrna's TD right after the half woke the Bruin offense up. Moved the ball at will the rest of the half. Not sure if Smyrna wore down, but I like the fight in our guys. Missing three starters on defense that only had two returning from last year's team, they all played played with heart and determination.

Good luck the rest of the way Smyrna.

Coffey, Evans, and Davis were difference makers for the Bruins. Field position game the first half as both teams tried to find out what would work against the opponents defense. Smyrna's defense flew to the ball, very quick to the point of attack. Bruin secondary blanketed every pass attempt Smyrna threw- determined not to get beat deep. Second half kickoff pinned Bruins deep, high short punt gave Smyrna good field position then one play and Bryson puts the Bulldogs ahead. Bruins come back down the field, only to throw an INT inside the 5. But from that point on, I don't think Smyrna had a first down. Bruins wore down the Bulldogs interior and Coffey started ripping off runs. Evans did it all- running, receiving, intercepting. Bruin defense collapsed everything inside and pursuit cleaned up everything outside. Smyrna was balanced at first, but went run-heavy the second half as the passing game was not to be found. Bruins ran and threw the ball effectively in the second half. Davis' leg kept Smyrna from doing much in the special teams area. Once again, officials missed an Xtra pt because it was kicked too hard and fast.

Well balanced Bruin team Friday night- despite a dozen players on sidelines with injury. Reserves stepped up big.

Once again, officials missed an Xtra pt because it was kicked too hard and fast.

-----------------

Can you explain how this happens - and especially "Once again"? I didn't see the kick at the game but on the replay Davis immediately puts his hands up signalling "good" and looks bewildered that they called it no good. Are the officials not paying attention or what? Again, Davis' reaction is all that I saw and then with your comment I just had to ask what's the deal.