SCORES----and a little comment!!!!!

h2odog

I agree that the ball did go through the net but had the officials been in the correct position, they would have seen that the ball was passed to the middle from out of bounds. The goal would not have counted anyway and that was the arguement of the Franklin defenders and goal keeper. Good game anyway. Both teams left everything on the field.

Out of bounds calls are subjective if its hard to tell if the whole ball is out or not. We actually had this same scenario go against us at Ravenwood Tuesday. My gripe is having equipment (the nets) in disrepair that it is even questionable if it was a goal or not. The girls on both teams work too hard to have this be an issue. :thumb:

I know that for our games, the refs check the nets and goals and flags before the game. If there is a problem, we need to fix them before the game can start. Surprised that they didn't do this for the game there.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that for our games, the refs check the nets and goals and flags before the game. If there is a problem, we need to fix them before the game can start. Surprised that they didn't do this for the game there.

Wish we had referees that were that diligent and conscientious. Referees in our part of the state arrive 5 minutes before the game and I have never seen them check the field at all. :thumb:

Game shortened to 60 minutes due to lightening in the area. Remaining Hendersonville tournament games for Sunday were cancelled. Tough game for Franklin after a huge win against siegel on Saturday night.

There may have been a little payback in the minds of Franklin for the last 3 years against Siegel.

Soccermom127, Tell me a little about Cordova. We're scheduled to play eachother on Sunday during the Katie Hunter I think.

You should not have any difficulty with them....one of the weaker teams from the West. Last year, most of the stronger teams from the West beat them by 7 to 10 goals.....

Good luck this weekend!

Thank you, Ma'am. Your assessment was spot on and we had a great weekend.

Game shortened to 60 minutes due to lightening in the area. Remaining Hendersonville tournament games for Sunday were cancelled. Tough game for Franklin after a huge win against siegel on Saturday night.

There may have been a little payback in the minds of Franklin for the last 3 years against Siegel.

I don't want to be nit picky but Siegel is spelled S-I-E-G-E-L....You know i before e except after c..

I don't want to be nit picky but Siegel is spelled S-I-E-G-E-L....You know i before e except after c..

"...or when sounding like "A" as in neighbor and weigh, and on weekends and holidays and all throughout May, and you'll ALWAYS be wrong no matter WHAT you say!"

Brian Regan

Sorry... one of my favorite comedians does a sketch on this.

Hey lets set the records straight. The misspelling was from the quote I was responding to. :thumb:

Believe me the spelling of Siegel has been butchered worse than that. Canesoverhere likes to spell it Seagul....right Cane.

Powell 2 Hardin Valley 2,

Very tough fought game by both teams, Powell playing with just over half starters due to flu, and one of best defenders out of match. Hardin Valley is a very good team, hope Gracie is okay.

Not sure on Hardin Valley goals, but Powell's were:

Jenna Mayes 1 Assist to Kim Key

Brittani Harris 1 un-assisted