MAPLEWOOD AT M.B.A. THIS WEEK

fleetwoodbrohm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best game in the state this week. A good old fashioned Public vs. Private rumble on West End.

man you got me all the way down here in these stinky ol DII threads!! ..this better be good!!

Maplewood great game last week!!!! the donkey rat nation has faded to the shadows ..i cant blame them... anyway if maplewood can keep playing like they did this past friday they should be 2-0 by Sat morn

MBA has nothing for you ..they are going to stuff the box like a turkey and pray that you dont pass ..thats pretty much all they can do.

on offense they keep it short and simple ..nothing flashy or fancy about that just hit them... :hungry: showtime on west end!!!

man you got me all the way down here in these stinky ol DII threads!! ..this better be good!!

Maplewood great game last week!!!! the donkey rat nation has faded to the shadows ..i cant blame them... anyway if maplewood can keep playing like they did this past friday they should be 2-0 by Sat morn

MBA has nothing for you ..they are going to stuff the box like a turkey and pray that you dont pass ..thats pretty much all they can do.

on offense they keep it short and simple ..nothing flashy or fancy about that just hit them... :roflol: showtime on west end!!!

MBA will be ready to play and do what they always do, play physical football and make people not want to play anymore because theyve been hit too many times

on offense they keep it short and simple ..nothing flashy or fancy about that just hit them... :roflol: showtime on west end!!!

MBA will be ready to play and do what they always do, play physical football and make people not want to play anymore because theyve been hit too many times

Is that what happened when MBA played little public school Byrnes a few years ago? I have failed to see Byrnes placed back on MBA's or any other Tennessee schools schedule since that blood bath @ the Clinic Bowl a few years ago.

I that what happened when MBA played little public school Byrnes a few years ago? I have failed to see Byrnes placed back on MBA's or any other Tennessee schools schedule since that blood bath @ the Clinic Bowl a few years ago.

But we know darn well the first few places where we will not look for Byrnes if or when they show up on a Tennessee schedule again. If you are still living in Florida, let's just say you will not have to adjust your watch for a time zone change to find one of those "prominent" Tennessee powers.

I that what happened when MBA played little public school Byrnes a few years ago? I have failed to see Byrnes placed back on MBA's or any other Tennessee schools schedule since that blood bath @ the Clinic Bowl a few years ago.

But we know darn well the first few places where we will not look for Byrnes if or when they show up on a Tennessee schedule again. If you are still living in Florida, let's just say you will not have to adjust your watch for a time zone change to find one of those "prominent" Tennessee powers.

Byrnes, of course was a one-time game, necessary because the Clinic Bowl couldn't find an opponent for MBA among the D1 ranks. An irony lost at the time and still, 4 years later, to D1 folks who love bringing it up.

Thankfully much has changed since then....

on offense they keep it short and simple ..nothing flashy or fancy about that just hit them... :wacko: showtime on west end!!!

wow fellow, you act as if its been ages since you last a played public school ..when really it was last week ..and you pulled it out some how ..and PC and maplewood look nothing alike ..and you will see come friday!! ..lol blood bath?? yeah ..i heard it was more like a pimple bursting ...byrnes?? u just cant compare that school to maplewood either ..so you guys do what you do dry.gif ..and just dont get crushed under that big ole Stone!! :wacko:

on offense they keep it short and simple ..nothing flashy or fancy about that just hit them... :wacko: showtime on west end!!!

wow fellow, you act as if its been ages since you last a played public school ..when really it was last week ..and you pulled it out some how ..and PC and maplewood look nothing alike ..and you will see come friday!! ..lol blood bath?? yeah ..i heard it was more like a pimple bursting ...byrnes?? u just cant compare that school to maplewood either ..so you guys do what you do dry.gif ..and just dont get crushed under that big ole Stone!! :wacko:

You clearly did not understand that post.

I am glad MBA fans are not talking trash this week. Given the flak being given thus far without any provocation, I can only imagine what the comments would be if they were actually trying to get under people's skin.

The Byrnes loss was demoralizing; some programs in this state would have folded like a cheap suit after such a game. For MBA to come back and beat the eventual KY large class state champs the following week, and maintain a strong showing through the 2005 DII season, shows the resolve of MBA's kids and program. While it still pains me to see that margin of victory, I remain proud that MBA showed enough sac(k) to play such a high-caliber, star-studded program. If MBA should be humiliated by such a loss, then some of the fans of so-called regional or national powers in this state should feel silly for even proclaiming to be the programs they fancy themselves being, given the non-region/district schedules their teams play. Great schedules don't necessarily make "regional" or "national" powers, but soft schedules definitely do not.

MBA will have its hands full with Maplewood, and I don't think any MBA fan on here (or even non-MBA fan for that matter) can be quoted as comparing P-C to Maplewood. And as for that P-C game, I will not sit here and discredit P-C - they are improved, their players didn't play dirty, and they had a good fan following that night. But, as much as that game is being touted as close in some circles (and it indeed was on the scoreboard for much of the game), it was a 5-1 MBA yardage advantage (and 10-to-1 if you take out the 50-yard P-C TD run). MBA fumbled once in P-C's end zone and was in the red zone at the end of the game. And, if memory serves, MBA did not punt all night. I think any fan of any team would take a season's worth of similar close victories.

I would be delighted to talk trash; you know I've never left a good skunk fight (at least not in the early rounds). However, I'm handicapped by the fact that I only read and write English, and I'm afraid I don't understand a lot of what's being said here.

As to the Byrnes game (or the Trinity game, or the Bolles game, or the Moeller game, or...well, you get the drift), I never got the idea that MBA scheduled these games with an eye towards taking these teams (public or private...the publics are the ones who pushed for the split) to the woodshed. I always assumed it had something to do with testing one's program, seeking challenges, things like that. Conicidentally, there was once an idea that sports taught these things. Sadly, this quaint notion has died the same sad and lonely death that also claimed sportsmanship, class, and stimulating, intelligent discussion on this board.

First of all, I don't think comparing Maplewood to Byrnes is fair. As for this game, it will be a battle. Maplewood's big athletic players will be a tough test for MBA, but the Big Red will be ready. I've heard that many of Maplewood's players play both ways, and I believe that MBA will out-physical them, especially in the second half. I'll take MBA in a close and, of course, hard fought game.