MAPLEWOOD AT M.B.A. THIS WEEK

fleetwoodbrohm

I knew I would get #### after my post but actually I have Calculus,English, and History on Monday CO17hy. I have not taken PE since the 7th grade bro. But good try on trying to make fun of me. I went to MBA and I am proud of my education and the teachers there who taught me how to work hard.

I'm just sick and tired of people thinking teams from D-II cheat and it pisses me off. After three years of playing varsity football at MBA, I know and believe for a fact that I worked harder as an individual and as a team we worked harder than any other team in the state and I am so proud to say it.

I may not act like a gentleman all the time, but I will love MBA till I die and I will also defend that school until the good Lord takes me to heaven.

RRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delightful to see the kids back. Welcome to the Algonquin Children's Table. I'm sure the MBA-Ensworth thread will be as painful as it was last year.

I'm not sure you can argue persecution here, Boski. You got a short field touchdown courtesy of the only person in North America who doesn't understand the shovel pass, and you're complaining about officiating. The penalty about which you're complaining is about as simple as it gets, if you follow the signals. The holding occurred during the play; they assessed the penalty. When the guy in the white hat raises his arm straight up the air, it means there was a dead ball foul, so it's assessed as well. Had the Maplewood penalty occurred during the play (a facemask call, for example), they would have offset. But it happened out of bounds, meaning the play was over. Pretty elementary stuff here.

Your team represented Maplewood and their community really well in a game that could have gone either way. You should try to do the same.

As to the taunting here from the MBA faithful...y'all know better.

Also Oldgoldandorange91.....SOUR GRAPES!!!! Tanner caught it in bounds and I guess Maplewood does not work on Special Teams because coach Thompson must play Madden 10 on XBOX and never punt when he plays video games.

Thompson=0 state titles

Mcgugin=1 state title....get some!!!!

I know, thats what I said, Tanner DID catch it in bounds

1. The onside kick was not possessed in bounds. I was watching the game online and probably had a better vantage point than people that were actually at the game. I understand why the MBA fans would want to say it was in bounds (fans of the team) but, from my view the kid that possessed the ball had a foot out of bounds.

2. deepsouth - It cracks me up when people spew insults on a message board. I guess you have sense of security because you can hide behind a screen name and a keyboard. Let's grow up a little bit, ok?

3. Great job by MBA fighting back after some adversity. You guys have a very tough football team and should have another successful year if everyone stays healthy.

You may be wearing your big red colored glasses. There were plenty of Maplewood people making an issue out of it. After talking with a few of them on the phone after the game, that was something that kept coming up. There were a few of us watching the stream online and all six of us said the same thing when it happened. Regardless of where the people on the sideline were standing we could still see where the sideline began. Now, maybe for the sake of convenience you didn't want to see the sideline - lol. If that's the case, I totally understand.

Speaking of the officials having a pretty good view of what happened - I'm pretty sure the official had a pretty good view of the field when clearly an incomplete shovel pass was ruled a fumble. Let's not give the refs the benefit of the doubt in this one.

My glasses are not big-red colored. Just an impartial observer.

I was actually at another game and just caught the end of the MBA game once I got home. Nice to know that Superman lives. Only his x-ray vision could have seen through the bodies on the sideline.

I believe yours is the partisan opinion in this matter.

From what I saw, even if the MBA did not possess the onside kick (I could not tell one way or the other), Maplewood had 1) a chance to stop MBA once they recovered the kick but didn't and 2) a few minutes at the end of the game to score again and couldn't.

I have slowly come to accept the fact over the years that, as long as the good ol' boy network is in play in local official associations (sometimes undermining concepts such as rules knowledge and interpretation) and age limits and physical standards don't play the role they maybe should play, officiating is always going to be an issue at the high school level.

With that said, I am realistic and fair enough to put biases and preferences aside to say that no team in last night's game can claim the other was more of a benefactor of poor officiating.

Judgment calls such as possession, whether on a shuttle pass or an onsides kick, are just that - judgment. Issues like forgetting the down count is a matter of inattention and not nearly as acceptable. MBA was placed in the wrong down situation last night - in any set of glasses - and while I am not sure reversing a down call is the best decision after another play has been made, the officials' own mistake - a mistake forever stored on film and 100% unquestionably detrimental to MBA - put themselves in a situation that should not have occurred.

I have slowly come to accept the fact over the years that, as long as the good ol' boy network is in play in local official associations (sometimes undermining concepts such as rules knowledge and interpretation) and age limits and physical standards don't play the role they maybe should play, officiating is always going to be an issue at the high school level.

With that said, I am realistic and fair enough to put biases and preferences aside to say that no team in last night's game can claim the other was more of a benefactor of poor officiating.

Judgment calls such as possession, whether on a shuttle pass or an onsides kick, are just that - judgment. Issues like forgetting the down count is a matter of inattention and not nearly as acceptable. MBA was placed in the wrong down situation last night - in any set of glasses - and while I am not sure reversing a down call is the best decision after another play has been made, the officials' own mistake - a mistake forever stored on film and 100% unquestionably detrimental to MBA - put themselves in a situation that should not have occurred.

Additonally in the "lost down" situation MBA had to use a time out to argue it's case. That time out should have been given back.

My glasses are not big-red colored. Just an impartial observer.

I was actually at another game and just caught the end of the MBA game once I got home. Nice to know that Superman lives. Only his x-ray vision could have seen through the bodies on the sideline.

I believe yours is the partisan opinion in this matter.

From what I saw, even if the MBA did not possess the onside kick (I could not tell one way or the other), Maplewood had 1) a chance to stop MBA once they recovered the kick but didn't and 2) a few minutes at the end of the game to score again and couldn't.

What does this have to do with whether or not the player was out of bounds? It doesn't matter if Maplewood had 10 opportunities after the onside kick, that play happened and it affected the outcome of the game. I'm not partisan, I have no ties to Maplewood whatsoever. I appreciate a good football game and that's what I got. As a matter of fact, my son and I were at the game for the first half and then we went home to watch the remainder... I have no dog in the hunt.