New IMAC

littlerock

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easttnfan, Depew still best all around player of the three. I not saying Cocke County can win this game without Buda but they are rallying without her. What would West do without one of their two stars Goins or Hall out ? Both good teams sad their in same District. And any team can have a bad day (Mt.Juilet) and I dont think West can beat Mt. Juilet either they are more than likly your State Champs.

#1-Depew is a great basketball player, yes...but the best of the 3 mentioned, probably not. #2-Morristown West CAN beat Mt. Juliet, whether they will or not given the opportunity is another story completely. I have seen the Lady Red, Lady Trojans, and Lady Bears play several different times each and while C.C.H.S is a great basketball team, both MWHS and MJHS are on a completely different level this year and it would definately be a dogfight if/when the 2 teams meet. This is definately a ballgame hope to be attending as I am sure it will be the "must see" of the night ;)

Easttnfan, Depew still best all around player of the three. I not saying Cocke County can win this game without Buda but they are rallying without her. What would West do without one of their two stars Goins or Hall out ? Both good teams sad their in same District. And any team can have a bad day (Mt.Juilet) and I dont think West can beat Mt. Juilet either they are more than likly your State Champs.

I saw the majority of games at the Greene Bank, I've seen all the IMAC teams at least twice and several of the teams in District 1, 3, and 4.

I will respectfully disagree with you on all those sentiments. But, we will find out for sure this week barring another pesky snow storm!

I'm sure Coach Walsh would love to be 17-0 but they lost this past weekend so now they are 16-1-but you are correct in that his program has taken off-watched them a couple of times and they are GOOD! Shannon Depew will be a great fit because of her versatility. I don't have a stake in this matter so as unbiased opinion I think its close between Hall and Depew as best all around player-Shannon's more physical inside and shoots three better-Hall handles it better and they both pass very well. Depew I heard had several DI looks and offers but wants to be close to home and loved the style and coaching staff at CN. As another poster said Sevier County couldn't pressure pants in a laundrymat therefore its not fair to say how good the CCHS guard play is until they see constant pressure. Hope Buda and Goins make it back so the IMAC can represent in the state :thumb:

Posters on the Imac Thread have always been so kind and supportive of Shannon in their comments, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. No one wishes that their daughter had the athleticism of Sidney Goins and the skill set of Taylor Hall more than I do! Shannon and I both realize that she doesn't and that is why she has to work extremely hard to have any success on the basketball court. I have watched Shannon play on teams that have included some of the best basketball players in the state of TN : " The Big 3" from Gibson County(Bulter, Griffin, Reedy)- UT-Martin

Cassidy Fussell- Texas

Taylor Hall-UTC

Taylor Mills- Kennesaw State

Amber Rechis- Florida Gult Coast

Alex Black-UTC

Madison Lee- Lee University

Morgan Buda- Probably the fastest guard in the state

If I was going to play a pick-up game with all the players Shannon has played with or against- my number 1 pick- every time- would be Taylor Hall. Taylor is the best player in the state of Tennessee. I have not watched another player that can play all 5 positions and dominate a game like Taylor.

I have not seen them all play but Taylor is so smooth! So tall to have her skill set with a great little baby hook. I would agree that Taylor is the top in East Tennessee but it's kinda like splitting hairs. There are a lot a really good players but Taylor and Shannon has the skill with the size and Sidney has the skill with great athleticism.

No doubt one of the classiest posts on this site but it also sums up in a nutshell the type of people shannon and her family are. It is splitting hairs between Taylor and Shannon, both are great players and great kids-Taylor gets a bad rap at times because she is so quiet and ignorant people in the past on this site want to say she's this and that but reality is she is a team player, wants to win, a good student, and a great kid- The same can be said for Shannon in that she is the ultimate team player and quite honestly TOO UNSELFISH-she is a tremendous student, and a super kid-The IMAC is very lucky to have these two and Goins in the league-three great players and kids.

Totally agree I have had the honor of getting to know these young ladys over the years and you cant find better !!!! I unfortunately dont know Sidney but have heard great things about her. Shannon and her family will always be special to me. Heck....I was afraid of Newport before the Depews,Budas and Sparks taught me what amazing people they have! Taylor is quiet.....but dont let that fool you....she has a delightful sense of humour and really a good kid!.....Ill stop gushing now...but the IMAC has been blessed with outstanding basketball players. We talk about 3 but leave so many out. Morgan Buda....Outstanding!!! And headed for Pre Med? Samantha Hale,Casey Cowen,Shay Brown, Im leaving out one of the outstanding shooters at MW because the name escapes me at the moment.

Ive seen the experts say the class of 2010 was down on a national level. They need to look again....We may not be filling the rosters of NC,UCONN,UT,etc but we sure are sending quality young people off to places of higher learning that appreciate them!