New IMAC

littlerock

Totally agree I have had the honor of getting to know these young ladys over the years and you cant find better !!!! I unfortunately dont know Sidney but have heard great things about her. Shannon and her family will always be special to me. Heck....I was afraid of Newport before the Depews,Budas and Sparks taught me what amazing people they have! Taylor is quiet.....but dont let that fool you....she has a delightful sense of humour and really a good kid!.....Ill stop gushing now...but the IMAC has been blessed with outstanding basketball players. We talk about 3 but leave so many out. Morgan Buda....Outstanding!!! And headed for Pre Med? Samantha Hale,Casey Cowen,Shay Brown, Im leaving out one of the outstanding shooters at MW because the name escapes me at the moment.

Ive seen the experts say the class of 2010 was down on a national level. They need to look again....We may not be filling the rosters of NC,UCONN,UT,etc but we sure are sending quality young people off to places of higher learning that appreciate them!

Hey robpride....had the pleasure of meeting you at one of the AAU events in Murfreesboro over the summer....what an awesome post. I'm sure your program has had a postive impact on alot of girls in that area. Keep up the good work!!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I will have to eat some CROW, after watching the display last night at Cherokee thier is no way Cocke can beat West without Buda they looked terrible won by 10 but was closer than that. Cocke just looked lost most of the game and know one stepped up if that happens against West they will loose by 40.

Hey Jazzy It was a pleasure meeting you last summer! Thank you for the kind words!! I know in the heat of competition sometimes we forget there are great kids playing this sport we love from one end of the state to another. The 2010 kids from across the sate will always hold a special place in my memory. The coaches and parents we have met from other organizations were almost always a delight to get to know......(notice i said almost always!.lol) I hope your daughter has a great senior season!

Rob - the shooter you are trying to remember is the Smith girl at MW. Watching her has been interesting, as a freshman, she almost had to carry that team from the outside, and was the only light that year until the end when MW made a miracle run. As her time has progressed, Taylor has come on the scene, and of course Sidney has proven to be not just a great athelete, but a great basketball player. So now Smith, who might have been one of the greatest scorers in MW history ends up being part of a great team that has a chance to be something special. I haven't heard where she is going to college, but if she is playing ball at the next level, someone is getting a steal. If she is open, it is going through the bottom of the net!

Hey Jazzy It was a pleasure meeting you last summer! Thank you for the kind words!! I know in the heat of competition sometimes we forget there are great kids playing this sport we love from one end of the state to another. The 2010 kids from across the sate will always hold a special place in my memory. The coaches and parents we have met from other organizations were almost always a delight to get to know......(notice i said almost always!.lol) I hope your daughter has a great senior season!

Thanks & I agree great kids, 2010 class is awesome & watch the impact they will make for their various programs on the next level....so far my daughter's SR year has been good. Probably her best. Hopefully, she & her team will continue to play well & we will have the opportunity to meet one of the IMAC team in the the state tournament... :roflolk:

Okay, folks...here are the postponements due to the snow:

Cocke County @ Jefferson County for Saturday, Jan. 30, has been moved to Feb. 11

Cocke County @ Greeneville has been moved to Feb. 12

Farragut @ Cocke County has been canceled

Morristown East @ South Doyle has been moved to Monday, Feb. 1

Tonight's game between Seymour and Cherokee has been postponed with no makeup date announced yet.

Monday's Seymour @ Cherokee game has been moved up to a 2 p.m. start for varsity girls. Boys will follow at 3:30.

Sevier County @ Morristown West has been postponed. No makeup date announced. However, been told there should be an announcement on this Monday morning.

Cocke County, Ever saw a AAA team held to just 8 points in a Half? Thats what Cocke County did to Sevier County Friday night. Talk about stepping up you defense Depew was great must have had 20 rebounds maybe one of the top three players in State. I know Buda is out but this team certainly rallied without her with some of the best defense I have ever saw in 30 years of watching. Pruitt and Sprouse also really picked thier game up. And who said no ball handlers, Lane and Walker looked just fine handling the ball and the small girl I think her name is Ray came off the Bench and looked like Buda spreading it around and also great defense. New girl to dont rememeber her # maybe 15 havent saw her before but she also came in and gave some quailty minutes. I dont htink this is a one horse race if these girls keep playing like they did Friday. And I hear Buda maybe back in 3 weeks.

Must be something about Sevier County. I saw them get held to just 8 points in the first half tonight by Science Hill. Science Hill led by a score of 35 to 8 at halftime. Great team defense by a young Science Hill squad.

Cocke County has always excelled defensively. It's what makes them successful. They have size and hustle that creates things defensively for them. The lack of a ball-handler showed up against West. Playing West will expose some things that playing Sevier County will not. If Buda can come back and play 100% then they got a chance to push a couple rounds in the tournament.