New IMAC

littlerock

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LAst night was not very good for the Lady Trojans. A win but looked ragged and dead. Sevier Co. is not good, but the game was close throughout. It was good to see Sid back on the floor for a few minutes. We need her for a few good minutes a game to go very far in the tourney. Get some rest girls!!!

Since there weren't any games going on in Greene County to listen to, I tuned in to this one. I found it shocking. I think most people would have to realize that West was having a bad game, but I couldn't believe how close this game was. What was going on?

I think this is right - don't hold me to it - and this is assuming Sevier or Cocke County does not upset West.

1. West is first, no matter what happens from here on out.

2. Cocke County, Jeff County, and Seymour are fighting for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. They all have to play each other again.

3. East and Sevier winner will be 5. Loser will be 6.

4. Cherokee and South-Doyle winner will be 7. Loser will be 8.

Cocke County now has 4 losses - 2 games left (Jeff and Seymour)

Jeff has 5 losses - 1 game left (Cocke)

Seymour has 5 losses - 2 game left. (Cherokee and Coicke)

Jeff could have pushed Seymour to 4th tonight, but played poorly, and la scrappy Seymour team won by dominating the 2nd half.

Assuming Seymour beats Cherokee:

A Jeff win Thursday vs Cocke assures them of no worse than 3rd.

Cocke County sweeps next week, they are teh 2nd seed, and Seymour and Jeff finish tied for 3rd, and who knows what the tie breaker is? Coin flip becasue they split the 2 games?

If Cocke County loses both, they fall to 4th, and Jeff and Seymour tie for 2nd.

Obviously, 2nd and third are critical seeds, to keep you from playing West until the final, and thus giving you a regional home first game. Fall to 4th seed, get West in the semi, and you are then on the road for your opening regional game. Plus, as the 4th seed, you get Sevier County, who has beaten Jeff and Seymour already.

Add into this that Seymour will be playing its 4th game of the week by Saturday, and you got to favor Cocke County to finish 2nd.

If Jeff doesn't show any more heart Thursday night than they did tonight, they are in a world of hurt.

LAst night was not very good for the Lady Trojans. A win but looked ragged and dead. Sevier Co. is not good, but the game was close throughout. It was good to see Sid back on the floor for a few minutes. We need her for a few good minutes a game to go very far in the tourney. Get some rest girls!!!

Didn't Johny G say in teh Trib after Tuesday's game that he was having trouble motivating his team, that appeared to be waiting for the playoffs. Sounds like thats what hit them Thursday.

The scoreboard makes me think he got their attention for Cocke County.

Cocke County now has 4 losses - 2 games left (Jeff and Seymour)

Jeff has 5 losses - 1 game left (Cocke)

Seymour has 5 losses - 2 game left. (Cherokee and Coicke)

Jeff could have pushed Seymour to 4th tonight, but played poorly, and la scrappy Seymour team won by dominating the 2nd half.

Assuming Seymour beats Cherokee:

A Jeff win Thursday vs Cocke assures them of no worse than 3rd.

Cocke County sweeps next week, they are teh 2nd seed, and Seymour and Jeff finish tied for 3rd, and who knows what the tie breaker is? Coin flip becasue they split the 2 games?

If Cocke County loses both, they fall to 4th, and Jeff and Seymour tie for 2nd.

Obviously, 2nd and third are critical seeds, to keep you from playing West until the final, and thus giving you a regional home first game. Fall to 4th seed, get West in the semi, and you are then on the road for your opening regional game. Plus, as the 4th seed, you get Sevier County, who has beaten Jeff and Seymour already.

Add into this that Seymour will be playing its 4th game of the week by Saturday, and you got to favor Cocke County to finish 2nd.

If Jeff doesn't show any more heart Thursday night than they did tonight, they are in a world of hurt.

The 5 seed will be Morristown East. They are finished at 7-7. Sevier is 6-7 with a game left vs. West.

The #4 seed will be a killer. East on their home floor and if you win, then West.

The scoreboard makes me think he got their attention for Cocke County.

They did it without Taylor Hall for the most part. Led by 21 at the break. Hall played 7 minutes in the first half with foul trouble. Goins played 8 minutes as a decoy (0 points, 0 shots). Wild had 12 points, all from three-point range.

Fanney really played well too.

So who makes all conf? In the past, with 6 teams, 1st place team usually got 3 selected, 2 from teh # 2 team, and then usually 5 from the remaining 4 teams, plus the POY.

I am guessing you will have POY, plus 2 from # 1, 2 from # 2, and 6 from the other 6? Or maybe 8 from the the bottom 7?

I haven't seen all the teams, so I will only pick names for teams I know or have seen.

POY -Hall

MW - Goins, Fanney(?)

CC - Depew, Buda

Sey - Cowan

Jeff - Nelson

East - Blaylock

SC, SD, Cherokee 1 each.

Which brings up a point - 2 years ago, the league was full of good wing players, now it is a post and point guard league. Am I just missing something? Maybe that reverts next year with the graduation of Fanney. Buda, Nelson, the other senior PG at West.

I think Allison Jones (West) is an all-conference player for sure. Great year for her.

Good point on the point guards - Fanney, Cowan, Nelson, and Buda all graduate.

Coach of the Year? Tough question. Anybody can win with West's talent, but Galyon is a good coach. Who got the most out of his/her talent?

You are correct with your comments about Galyon-he is a good coach BUT I think anyone could and should win with that talent- The two teams who have gotten the most out of what they have are East and Seymour with east a slight edge-Tracy would be my vote for COY

no offense but you give gaylon that east team and he wins the conference. i just think there are only a few good coaches in this conference. gaylon may get under some folk's skin but its because west wins. no one in the imac has even come close to beating them in 2 years.