New IMAC

littlerock

The starters have been mixing with the rest of the bench with many combinations played at different times. WEST has jumped out to such a lead almost every game the starters would NEVER get any playing time if you played to "be nice" to the other team. He has to have this team prepared to make a run at the state tournament and that is not going to happen with the starting five on the bench. I don't think he is thinking of running up the score, he is looking at different rotations, combinations and having this team play against themselves all in order to prepare for the future. Injuries happen and they can happen in practice as well as in a game. We are very proud of our IMAC teams and enjoy the competition. WEST needs to take care of business and do whatever it takes to be ready for tournament time.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tell me, since this is my first post. How big of a jerk must you be to be a coach and talk "crap" to a player from the opposite team? While standing in the hallway with my fellow teammates after the EAST/WEST game, Johnny Galyon walks by and repeatedly says " Wasn't a charge, it was a block, wasn't a charge, it was a block.", to my fellow teammate. After winning by 40, is it really necessary to bring down a high school girl?

Johnny has some interesting charachteristics. I know in the past, he was not well liked by other coaches in the IMAC, but with all the turnover at the coaching level, I am not sure what the other coaches think. I know he has first named some opposing players during games, and during post game handshakes, which I don't think is very professional either.

Another big win for the Lady Red 60-55 over Farragut. As for raiderray comments about Galyon-he's not a people person by no means-I have seen him too many times talk to or about opposing players which is classless-and don't anyone say its b/c he's competitive that has nothing to do with sportsmanship. His day will come when he doesn't recruit the right kid and evryone is lined up to kick his across morristown. He has a big ego and I believe it gets in the way on the court, but the concensus is the coaches in the league are not big fans of his. They have a great team and its not a reflection of his players at all-its just his personality

Another big win for the Lady Red 60-55 over Farragut. As for raiderray comments about Galyon-he's not a people person by no means-I have seen him too many times talk to or about opposing players which is classless-and don't anyone say its b/c he's competitive that has nothing to do with sportsmanship. His day will come when he doesn't recruit the right kid and evryone is lined up to kick his across morristown. He has a big ego and I believe it gets in the way on the court, but the concensus is the coaches in the league are not big fans of his. They have a great team and its not a reflection of his players at all-its just his personality

you mean the east coaches are not big fans after that 40 point loss. naturally noone wants to get beat over and over. maybe thats why there is such resentment. seriously doubt if he will get kicked anywhere by teams in this conference any time soon. they seem to do well year after year. he has expressed how he loves playing east just like he did greeneville so i dont see him letting up on them either. sounds to me like alot of jealous people on this thread.

you mean the east coaches are not big fans after that 40 point loss. naturally noone wants to get beat over and over. maybe thats why there is such resentment. seriously doubt if he will get kicked anywhere by teams in this conference any time soon. they seem to do well year after year. he has expressed how he loves playing east just like he did greeneville so i dont see him letting up on them either. sounds to me like alot of jealous people on this thread.

Gotta agree with bbfan2323 here...I know a lot of the IMAC coaches pretty well (still getting to know the 3 new ones). I can say first hand that the majority of them speak highly of Johnny and especially the team he has this year. In my time spent around district 2...I have only come across three coaches who did not care for Johnny. Two are no longer coaching and the other is coaching in another district now. However, I can gather from the last few posts that a fourth can be added to that list.

So instead of assassinating characters, let's allow this thread to return to what it was...a place for people to find information on one of the best conferences in East TN. And also a place for friendly banter back and forth. Some great rivalries in the IMAC, and we get to enjoy the creation of new ones with the addition of South Doyle, Seymour and Sevier. Let's talk about that...

Who all is in a Christmas tourney? Who do they play and when?

I am disappointed that Jefferson County is no longer participating in the Ladies Classic. It is a great tournament to see some great talent, and to get to see some area teams that you wouldn't always get a chance to see. I also think that while it is great that Cocke County is in it, I think it is sad that more IMAC teams are not.

I haven't looked at schedules...who is playing where over the next week or so (tournaments)?

Merry Christmas to the IMAC thread! You know, we needs a holiday smiley! Maybe a smiley with a holiday hat?

:D