New IMAC

littlerock

Buda and Depew are GREAT players! I agree that on any given night Buda is as good as Cowan. Depew is a talented, dedicated, hard-working player. I've never seen her play without heart and I've coached against her more times than I care to remember! LOL . If the Cocke County fans don't want them, I have a big basement and will move them both into it this weekend!

We're all going to lose games in the IMAC I think. Except for you know who.

well i can tell you one thing panther, you know who has cirlcled their game with your seymour team so you will get a good effort from them i think. good luck!!

I think all the IMAC games are circled for everybody...it will be anything but boring this year....what a group of teams that have multiple weapons. Good luck and God bless. :bored:

i have seen all imac teams play; and i believe overall the league is down compared to last year. west has the best team hands down. jeff is inconsistent; cocke co. cant shoot; seymour is average at best; east has no guards and has no depth (although they pretend to play a bunch it will never work)! greeneville made the imac much better. please come back greene devils. at least they got the attention of west.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok West is real good obviously you've heard the rumours. Have you seen Greeneville this year? Good bunch of girls but get Wests attention :cry: Jefferson has been inconsistent for a couple of years and with Kyle being hurt is a big lick on them. Seymour is getting their feet wet in the new conference and doing well. The talent is there. This is the first year in countless that East actually has a guard let alone a choice and how is constant rotation and averaging 11 players seeing the floor pretending to play a bunch? Cocke county cant shoot???ever???If they get Pruitt and Sprouse to control the paint Depew can shoot but it is hard to do it all. No just because Nicole graduated and Greeneville is not in the IMAC does not make it down. DB only beat Cocke by I think 2, Seymour and Heritage was a 6 point game I believe. Other than the fact that West is better than any team has been in this area (yes and that includes the Nicole era at Greeneville)at least in my memory doesnt gauge the strength of the rest of the conference. :bored:

bbfan2323,

Why is it necessary to put all of the other teams down? Every team is full of players that work hard and love playing the game. Is West the best team in the conference, most definately and everyone on here agrees. I think making general statements about the league being down is fine. But making crude statements about the individual teams seems out of bounds to me. Plus most of your negative comments are inaccurate.

In response to the nut jub that said Depew plays and has no heart you must either be a disgruntled parent that she is taking time away from your daughter or someone who can't handle the fact that she is the best thing Coach Wester and the Lady Red have. Like other posters said she CANT do it all but I'm sure she is feeeling the pressure to do so. Buda can be adequate if she would check her ego at the door and be more disciplined, But A big reason they lost to DB was b/c she committed 2 stupid fouls at the end of the game and was not available in OT and they need her b/c they don't have very good handles after her. Its ok to be passionate about the game but a hothead is not to be confused w/passion-shes a senior and should not be making freshman discipline issues. But when you have players who threaten to quit and come back or not show up to practice and still play then you have a whole other problem-at least Buda shows up. But to say Depew has no heart-you have got to be living in another world!

CCHS really needs another ball handler and shooter for this team to be a top team. They're a scrappy bunch, but if they aren't making these shots at the baskets with their posts...they'll struggle greatly on offense because they don't have an outside shooting threat. I was impressed with Cowan tho, she can really handle the ball. #14?? I think is also a good player.. Good luck to both teams.. Cocke County won against South Greene tonight..good win

OK everyone can lay off my girls now...lol.....Morgan and Shannon had complete games against South Greene!!! Shannon had 23 points and 13 rebounds. Morgan had 13 points and 9 assists.neither were in foul trouble and battled hard .Morgans defensive effort was superb holding Dye to 7 points and 3 assists.

Nice night on the hardwood ladys.

I like how GreenEville is not even in this conference any longer yet some IMAC'ers can't refrain from dissing and slamming them...pathetic really...miss us THAT MUCH, huh? Don't let them know on the BRAC thread but here's a little heads up...nobody has seen Greeneville at their best yet this year. Their point guard has been out with an INJURY (yes, Dick I said it!) but is back...this will add a whole new dynamic allowing Neas (who has done a super job filling in) to move to the wing some allowing Kelly to play some post when needed. She has done a really good job at the wing, surprising some with a very accurate 3 but her smooth moves and strong posting ability need to be utilized. Fender has come a LONG way and Story is pretty much a diamond in the rough that is really starting to shine. Shipley is still deadly accurate with the 3 and I noticed a lttle versatility with the mid-range jumper too. Looking forward to the out of conference match-up with the Lady Red later in the season! Yes, the Lady Devils look to have a good year - better than most suppose and that's just like we like it...underestimated and under the radar...pretty much like our football team :D -- remember it's not how you start but how you FINISH! :D

Congratulations to Mo East tonight. They led throughout and the game was never really in doubt. However, I felt bad for the girls on both teams for having to fight through those refs. One of them spent all his time at the scorers table digging though the candy bowl. Another looked like he was working on his dance moves as he pranced to the scorers table after every call. It's not sour grapes, they were equal both ways. But I really did feel bad as the girls, on both teams, couldn't defend because of how tightly the game was called. It was like they were on commission or something. Hopefully that's not an indication of how the refs call in the IMAC because if so, we need more players! LOL

Congratulations to Mo East tonight. They led throughout and the game was never really in doubt. However, I felt bad for the girls on both teams for having to fight through those refs. One of them spent all his time at the scorers table digging though the candy bowl. Another looked like he was working on his dance moves as he pranced to the scorers table after every call. It's not sour grapes, they were equal both ways. But I really did feel bad as the girls, on both teams, couldn't defend because of how tightly the game was called. It was like they were on commission or something. Hopefully that's not an indication of how the refs call in the IMAC because if so, we need more players! LOL

Are these the same IMAC refs we've all come to know and love or have they been redistributed?