New IMAC

littlerock

I don't know but they were ridiculous. Their behavior was bizarre and the teams couldn't play ball. Foul after foul on both teams. The only thing that saved Mo East a little is they played zone and Seymour shot 34 3 pointers. Due to their size I think Mo East still wins a physical battle but noone wants to watch the refs be a bigger part of the game than the players. I thought I was watching Leslie Nielson on "Naked Gun".

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how GreenEville is not even in this conference any longer yet some IMAC'ers can't refrain from dissing and slamming them...pathetic really...miss us THAT MUCH, huh? Don't let them know on the BRAC thread but here's a little heads up...nobody has seen Greeneville at their best yet this year. Their point guard has been out with an INJURY (yes, Dick I said it!) but is back...this will add a whole new dynamic allowing Neas (who has done a super job filling in) to move to the wing some allowing Kelly to play some post when needed. She has done a really good job at the wing, surprising some with a very accurate 3 but her smooth moves and strong posting ability need to be utilized. Fender has come a LONG way and Story is pretty much a diamond in the rough that is really starting to shine. Shipley is still deadly accurate with the 3 and I noticed a lttle versatility with the mid-range jumper too. Looking forward to the out of conference match-up with the Lady Red later in the season! Yes, the Lady Devils look to have a good year - better than most suppose and that's just like we like it...underestimated and under the radar...pretty much like our football team :thumb: -- remember it's not how you start but how you FINISH! :mellow:

More excuses...LOL....you will always say that we haven't seen the best yet.....said it last year and I'll go on a limb that you'll say it next year too!!!!

Howdy Barb I missed you!!!

trust me she will change no minds here. east always seems to be boasting early in the year then come close to the end of the season they are nowhere to be found. west, cocke co., jeff, seymour, and i think cherokee even takes them down.

Well our "middle school coach" has beaten cherokee twice by double digits and seymour in a game which we led by double digits for a big part of the game.

I thought it was one of the better IMAC officiated games. Seymour took some bad shots and East was too big. Seymour did not hit 1 shot off a post move-won't win many that way-they didnt help themselves by missing as many free throws as they did-I ? if seymour coach scouted East b/c East isnt great vs pressure and seymour has the guards to do so as was evident in the final minutes when he started to press. He tried to puond it inside which isnt their strong suit and is East strong point-just wondering if still were feeling to good about themselves after beating cocke co

I didn't say it was a poorly officiated game I said they called EVERYTHING. I Know Hale and Orrick sat a couple of times due to fouls as did a couple Seymour players. I think your #10 fouled out. That in a game when neither team pressed and both teams were playing pretty clean, walk it up basketball. I don't know if you watched the boys game but they called it too tight too.

No, Seymour wasn't feeling good about themselves after beating Cocke County. You gotta remember they were one game from the state last year and won their district the year before. They're used to winning. They expect to win even though they are playing AAA talent.

I'm sure our coach scouted them, he has a lot of contacts and scouts a lot of games/ picks other coaches brains. However, we do what we do- which is play half court man to man. I agree that Seymour is built to press, small and quick, but if that's not his philosophy then so be it. He is the coach. You can win in a variety of ways.

I respectfully disagree with your take on Seymour's offense. I keep team stats for them. They took 34 3 point shots! Free throws weren't that big of an issue. We only shot 60% but if we hit 3 more we would have been just over 75% as a team (which is good) and still would have lost. BTW, on the officiating, we shot 34 three pointers and STILL shot 19 foul shots! I remember going at Orrick 4 straight times early and got a couple very good looks but the shots just didn't fall. We didn't go back at her until late in the game when it was too late. As tight as the refs were calling it I go right inside. She may block a few but will be on the bench before you know it. That's the 3rd game this year we've shot over 25 3 pointers. We've lost 2 of them and the third, against a very young Catholic team, we barely won in an ugly game. Just because the other team has a huge post doesn't mean you don't go inside at all. I know Seymour's coach wants the ball inside- just doesn't get there sometimes.

Morristown East coaches did a good job. They know what they're doing. The best team last night won.