New IMAC

littlerock

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heads up to IMAC fans....Sevier County and Morristown West have swapped home dates. Dec. 18 will be at Sevier County and Jan. 29 will be at West.

The schedules for the girls and boys need to be changed to reflect this...just wanted to make sure no one showed up at the wrong gym like Michael Waltrip showing up at the wrong track these past 10 years!!

WOW!!! I watched the South Greene/Morristown East game tonight, and now I see what you mean by playing everyone...Every break, East was substituting a player. There was no way to keep up with who was who. Number 50 for East really hurt our girls on the rebounds, we just don't have that kind of height. At half time, it looked like we were in for a close game, but South Greene finished the game ahead by around 20. Great game though, lots of fun. I know West is good, but I don't know much about your other teams. After seeing East play, it looks like you have some talent on your side. :thumb:

WOW!!! I watched the South Greene/Morristown East game tonight, and now I see what you mean by playing everyone...Every break, East was substituting a player. There was no way to keep up with who was who. Number 50 for East really hurt our girls on the rebounds, we just don't have that kind of height. At half time, it looked like we were in for a close game, but South Greene finished the game ahead by around 20. Great game though, lots of fun. I know West is good, but I don't know much about your other teams. After seeing East play, it looks like you have some talent on your side. :thumb:

It was a battle for East :thumb: .....early foul trouble of keys hurt but the team kept their composure and played hard...we are very proud of the girls and coaches.

I think these results are right for over the weekend - the ones I know:

Morristown West went undefeated...won the Greeneville tournament

Jefferson County lost to Maryville and beat William Blount at Heritage

Morristown East was 2-1 in Greeneville...loss was to South Greene

Seymour was 2-1 at Gibbs...beat Halls and Gibbs and lost to Farragut

South Doyle was 0-3 at Gibbs...lost to Gibbs, Cumberland Gap, and Alcoa

Cocke County was 2-1 at Central...lost to Dobyns-Bennett in OT and beat Scott County and Carter

Don't know about Cherokee and Sevier County

I think these results are right for over the weekend - the ones I know:

Morristown West went undefeated...won the Greeneville tournament

Jefferson County lost to Maryville and beat William Blount at Heritage

Morristown East was 2-1 in Greeneville...loss was to South Greene

Seymour was 2-1 at Gibbs...beat Halls and Gibbs and lost to Farragut

South Doyle was 0-3 at Gibbs...lost to Gibbs, Cumberland Gap, and Alcoa

Cocke County was 2-1 at Central...lost to Dobyns-Bennett in OT and beat Scott County and Carter

Don't know about Cherokee and Sevier County

Gee Don, was beating the ex-coach fun? How did Haley do against you guys?

Raiderray,

No Comment! lol

Hayley Newby did what she seemingly always does- double/double! She had 17 points and 10 rebounds. Of course Seymour went 3-25 from the 3 point line and only shot 4 foul shots the entire game against Farragut. That has been the theme this year. When we get the ball inside we win big (vs William Blount) or play very well (close loss vs Heritage). When we shoot it as soon as we cross half court (vs Catholic in close win where we has 2 assists in an entire game) and Farragut (loss and definately should have/could have won), our shooting percentage is around 25%. Until we figure out what is a good shot, and that is different from player to player and situation, We are going to be very erratic and difficult to watch.

Farragut beat Powell for the championship. That amazes me! Nothing against Farragut because their team is playing great together. The right players touch the ball and take the shots. However, they have 2 senior starters out due to injuries and another Jr starter didn't play much against Seymour due to a minor team rules deal.

Seymour is young age wise but even younger playing time wise. Jr Shaelyn Brown and Sr Casie Cowan have both started as freshmen. Noone else has seen any significant minutes on varsity. If the girls can figure out what a good shot is and that the game is won by going inside out then they can be good. They play as hard as any team you'll see.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.