Gordonsville @ Friendship Christian

croz6110

As usual Commander Man U sound like the TYPICAL FCS Fan... No humbleness

just cockiness

Well its kinda hard to be humble after last years game. I mean if we were playing trousdale this week instead of gordonsville then i wouldn't be making bold predictions, but as everyone knows gordonsville is nowhere near as good as trousdale. Sure gordonsville's line is probably better then Frindships, but i would have to say Friendship has better all around athletes and that a few 30+ yard plays will be the difference in the game.

You can't base this year's game on last year's game. Just show how ignorant some people can be.

Gville 27-20

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got gordonsville winning this by either a touchdown or a field goal. we proved to everyone last week that we were gonna be contenders. and we do have athletes all over the field. and depth at every position to keep us fresh. will be a good game cant wait to play on friday we coming out with the same attitude and aggresivness as we did last week. time to play

Be careful TTP58.....You keep patting yourself on the back about last week, you may hurt your arm. I'm not sure what you "proved" yet. G-ville did play pretty good last week. And they need to, and should continue to improve. If ya'll come out of the 1st 3 games with 1 win...then you've "proved" something. You have 2 of the 1st 3 left. Last weeks "almost" don't count for anything, except 0-1.

Gordonsville is improved but so is Friendship Christian. Friendship Christian by 28

I'm not too sure about that Ambassodor. Yes, it's obvious that Gordonsville is much improved from this time last year, but I don't think FC is as solid up front as they have been in the past few years. They still has very good skill people and a great qb in Maason. I'm not sure if FC's passing game is any better than Smith Co.'s, but the running game with Markum (sp?) and Maason will be. Stop the run, and I like G'ville's chances. With all that being said, the only outcome that would surprise me would be a Tiger blowout. Best of luck to both teams!

i got gordonsville winning this by either a touchdown or a field goal. we proved to everyone last week that we were gonna be contenders. and we do have athletes all over the field. and depth at every position to keep us fresh. will be a good game cant wait to play on friday we coming out with the same attitude and aggresivness as we did last week. time to play

Be careful TTP58.....You keep patting yourself on the back about last week, you may hurt your arm. I'm not sure what you "proved" yet. G-ville did play pretty good last week. And they need to, and should continue to improve. If ya'll come out of the 1st 3 games with 1 win...then you've "proved" something. You have 2 of the 1st 3 left. Last weeks "almost" don't count for anything, except 0-1.

gordonsville takes this game with no transfers. we will do just fine with what we have in our small town.

What I am talking about is when Macon County got a 35 yard pass there was a sideline warning called against FCS the refs brung the ball back to the line of scrimage and made Macon replay the down. The refs did that twice against Macon. Then FCS had a long play and the refs called sideline warning on Macon and did not make FCS replay the down. And no I was not trying to say the refs handed the game to FCS. Congrades on the win. What my point was is Macon should have scored more than 6 points. Good Luck in this game. Should be a good game this week with Gville.

I hear ya, no problem. I went back and tried to find the play on the tape. Couldn't find it but the tape doesn't really show penalties. Macon definately had opportunities. They had a lot of drops. Course their receivers got popped pretty good early in the game and looked a little skittish after that. QB throws the ball on time and on target. I believe we had 3 sideline calls. Two for penalty I believe. If that hurt Macon at some point it sure didn't do us any good either.

What I am talking about is when Macon County got a 35 yard pass there was a sideline warning called against FCS the refs brung the ball back to the line of scrimage and made Macon replay the down. The refs did that twice against Macon. Then FCS had a long play and the refs called sideline warning on Macon and did not make FCS replay the down. And no I was not trying to say the refs handed the game to FCS. Congrades on the win. What my point was is Macon should have scored more than 6 points. Good Luck in this game. Should be a good game this week with Gville.

I hear ya, no problem. I went back and tried to find the play on the tape. Couldn't find it but the tape doesn't really show penalties. Macon definately had opportunities. They had a lot of drops. Course their receivers got popped pretty good early in the game and looked a little skittish after that. QB throws the ball on time and on target. I believe we had 3 sideline calls. Two for penalty I believe. If that hurt Macon at some point it sure didn't do us any good either.It matters not, the sideline warnings only prolonged the pain for Macon. they are not a competitive team even in 1A. Gordonsville is a different kind of beast than Macon. The game will go down to the fourth, who wants it more. As bad as Gordonsville was last season they are that much better this year. Do not think friday will be a cakewalk. That kind of thinking will do you in. when the last second ticks of the clock you will know you was in a dogfight. hit us hard we will hit you hard. our boys will not get ''skittish''. with all of every thing being said , lets settle up friday. good luck to all players on both sidelines.

gordonsville takes this game with no transfers. we will do just fine with what we have in our small town.

Hey oldcat........are all the G-ville Tigers homegrown?? I know they don't move in there like they do some places,(FC)..but I've lived in Smith Co. all my life, and am getting old(er)..I saw some names on the roster last week I don't reconize as Smith Co. regulars. G-ville can't live off last week. Last week is gone and proved....well....proved that G-ville is much better than last year. Ole TTP don't settle back and think your "there" yet with the "we proved" stuff. Keep digging.

Hey oldcat........are all the G-ville Tigers homegrown?? I know they don't move in there like they do some places,(FC)..but I've lived in Smith Co. all my life, and am getting old(er)..I saw some names on the roster last week I don't reconize as Smith Co. regulars. G-ville can't live off last week. Last week is gone and proved....well....proved that G-ville is much better than last year. Ole TTP don't settle back and think your "there" yet with the "we proved" stuff. Keep digging.

Termite, you're exactly right. G'ville proved last week they can play with anyone on the schedule.

This week is a new day. I believe the Tiggers can get the 'W", but it won't be easy by any stretch.

Looks like a dogfight in the making...should be one heck of a game. Love to see it, but gotta be

on the Creekbank.

GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!!!!! from the ole Grunt & TC :popcorneater:

Tigers r a much improved team from last year no doubt. A year of game experience has helped them tremendously. Take nothing away from Friday nights PAST game , however, The Carthage team was not the team tigers have faced inthe last 3-4 years. This will prove out as season goes on.

Tigers need to keep the intensity they played with against Carthage all year and keep hitting hard. Loved that they r not afraid to hit this year!!!!

The Tigers are much improved, but they could be better.

Maasen will pose a threat this week that they didn't see last week in Johnston.

FC may have a better passing game than SC, and I'm positive they have a better running game.

Gville will have to step it up if they want to win this week.

They'll have to fight for everything they get.