Catholic @ Farragut

Irish423

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been stated, Catholic falls 20 - 12. Tough loss.

Thoughts (from an Irish perspective):

Good news: We know we can play with the "big boys" (as if we didn't know already)

Bad news: There's still a lot of work to be done.

The penalty situation in the first half was just awful. Fortunately, it was quite a bit better in the second half (other than Cozart's awful and well-deserved unsportsmanlike conduct foul)

Catholic seemed to get tired at the end. They have players playing both sides of the ball and schools the size of Farragut don't. They're just going to have to deal with that.

Catholic did a great job of getting the ball into Farragut's red zone... but couldn't seem to punch it in.

Field goals need tons of work. Kick-offs and punts looked great (punt coverage not so much though)

Summary: Too many mistakes to beat a team as talented as Farragut.

This was the first game I've seen under the new offense and I was very impressed with Williamson. He only had one bad pass all night that I can recall.

Farragut is an excellent team and will do very well this year. Purdy is even better than I had heard. I was also impressed with the other running back (not sure what his name is). They both seemed to bounce off of countless Catholic defenders.

Browning also looked good, other than the interception, which was just an awful decision.

Hopefully the Irish can learn from this game and come back strong next week against Austin-East and start another winning streak.

Catholic can't say anything about Farragut now so they will try to make their players look bad. Quit your moaning and complaining, yall lost and it really wasn't as close as the score. Yall are lucky Farragut made so many mistakes. So what if the kid said that when he was excited? Would you rather him say "Catholic sucks and we knew it, we just took it easy on them"?

allvolfan1-

So what is Stronger former undefeated 4A State Champs or former 5A quarter final playoff team.

Welcome to the big boy league.

B)B) The Irish Defense was looking tired at the end.

Catholic can't say anything about Farragut now so they will try to make their players look bad. Quit your moaning and complaining, yall lost and it really wasn't as close as the score. Yall are lucky Farragut made so many mistakes. So what if the kid said that when he was excited? Would you rather him say "Catholic sucks and we knew it, we just took it easy on them"?

Don't think it is the Catholic people who are trashing Purdy...pretty sure GovMan and tpoole are Blount Countians and several Farragut people have made similar comments.

No moaning and complaining from the Irish. Lost a tough game to the number 1 team in a higher classification and a very good team. 2 missed FGs, 2 conversion attempts not executed and a dropped pass in the end zone for Catholic and you only see that it wasn't a close game. Excellent hs football game.

You beat me to it Govman ...... Ya , "Catholic Is probably the only team this year to give us a run for our money"

hmmmm ........................

I think the young man forgot about Maryville, Riverdale and Bearden. Farragut plays 4 former state championship programs and teams that have knocked them out of the playoffs. Bearden!

I think coach needs to have a little talk! B)

You beat me to it Govman ...... Ya , "Catholic Is probably the only team this year to give us a run for our money"

hmmmm ........................

I think the young man forgot about Maryville, Riverdale and Bearden. Farragut plays 4 former state championship programs and teams that have knocked them out of the playoffs. Bearden!

I think coach needs to have a little talk! B)

Hey , I could only imagine what I might of said when I was 18 yrs old , If a pretty young thang like Heather had shoved a mike in my face !! B)

Hey Rigger , good to see ya again , see you're still braggin about Badminton and girl's soccer championships on the football board ! lol , Just kiddin with ya , look forward to the new rivalry Maryville Is getting ready to start with both Catholic and Farragut !! Good luck to all of you guys .

Congrats to both teams for putting on a show that was fun to watch for someone who has no ties to either team B). The game pretty well played out like I thought it might. Slow start by Farragut, some early success by Catholic, then the wear & tear of the game started to slow the Irish down and then Farragut established themselves. I was very impressed with the Catholic QB (#15), the RB (#1) is just what I expected, tough & fast runner, and the hard hitting by the Catholic defenders was impressive. Several of the Catholic players have just a little too much swagger for my taste at the high school level, but hey, I'm old school. Farragut's QB is still a bit rusty coming off that injury, but I'm sure he will be fine with a few more games played. #31 is the real deal when he is 100%, but it appeared to me that he got dinged on the kickoff return and never was quite the same, but still, that shows his toughness. I was impressed with the 3rd & 4th level RB's that the Admirals have. Hudson (the guy who relieves Purdy normally) is a stud in his own right, but he wasn't available tonight. #20 is one of those special players who can play multiple postions, and play them very well. Farragut better learn how to finish off a wounded opponent or it will cost them down the road somewhere. Also, Coach C played by the "cheat sheet" and went with the 2 pt attempt rather than kick the extra point. I understand why, but I really didn't like that decision that early in the game. It didn't cost him, but it sure looked ominus towards the end of the game. Congrats to Farragut on the victory, a very important one in the most brutal district in high school football. I'm sure Catholic will still be heard from during this regular season and in the 5A playoffs.

Catholic played a really good game tonight. That was just a really good game between two really good teams. Kind of a shame somebody had to lose, although I'm glad it wasn't Farragut. I expect Catholic to do very well the rest of the year and be in the playoffs. Farragut was fortunate to pull out a win. If Catholic plays a little better in the red zone then they would have won. Yes I think Farragut is a really good team, but I have no illusions about going undefeated. Our schedule is just too tough for that to happen. I think Farragut will lose at least one and possibly two games. I hope not, but Riverdale, Maryville, and Bearden are a tough row to hoe. Good luck the rest of the way Irish fans and please don't pay any attention to that knucklehead Farragut fan.

Well hey,

It was a great game by all. Just soooooo many missed opportunities. It kills to think about the possibilities. But that's football right? I thought there were a lot of missed calls for both sides, particularly clipping and holding. My bud T Will played a heck of a game. He and SMackle earned their scholarships tonight. In the early 4th quarter, I turned to the man beside me and told him, "these tv time outs are our saving grace" and boy was I right. They were incredibly worn out. Especially guys like Tyler, John Andrew McDermott, Zak Tait, and others who never come off the field.

The admirals ran the ball very well. Van Dyne was good. That's all I can say. Disappointed in their passing game. I thought the Browning guy was going to be a real stud, but as you all say he is just fresh off his injury so I'll look for him later in the season.

Is Catholic a "big boy" yet? As I walked into the stadium wearing the "white" from the white out, a kid from Karns or somewhere told me "Yall are gonna get yo teeth mashed in tonight boy" I feel like we did most of the hard hitting though. Anyways, close game- no complaining. That's football. I would love to see us really get that spread going (at least where we can score points)

I do want to point out something that no one has mentioned so far, but hopefully Adam Casey is alright. He went out early with a knee injury and I hear talk of an ACL. So keep this kid in your prayers because it's going to be hard for him to have to sit and watch football the rest of his senior year. He loved the game.

And Farragutuniversity... I dont even know what to say. You make this entire post a complete joke. Congratulations.