Catholic @ Farragut

Irish423

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams made crucial mistakes and/or came up with crucial stops. In a nutshell, a truly great high school football game as both teams laid it on the line as if it were the playoffs. I was glad to be there to see the emotion and feel the energy.

With this whole new TSSAA alignment, Catholic isn't hurt at all by coming out on the short end (yes, I know it hurts now). A win always helps but was much more critical for Farragut. Yet despite getting that big win there are still plausible scenarios in which Farragut misses out on the postseason. I'm not looking to rain on anyone's parade; I'm just reinforcing, I suspect, what most on this board already know regarding the inconsistent and convoluted postseason. I was proud of both teams for their heart and wish them good fortune and good health the rest of the way.

Catholic can't say anything about Farragut now so they will try to make their players look bad. Quit your moaning and complaining, yall lost and it really wasn't as close as the score. Yall are lucky Farragut made so many mistakes. So what if the kid said that when he was excited? Would you rather him say "Catholic sucks and we knew it, we just took it easy on them"?

Don't think it is the Catholic people who are trashing Purdy...pretty sure GovMan and tpoole are Blount Countians and several Farragut people have made similar comments.

Whoa IrishBball

I was not trashing anyone.... I tried to point out that most of us when placed in front of a camera and microphone would probably not perform very well.... Still it was a very poor choice of words... With the new schedules and regions I don't think any team should spew billboard material..

tpoole12

Don't think it is the Catholic people who are trashing Purdy...pretty sure GovMan and tpoole are Blount Countians and several Farragut people have made similar comments.

Whoa IrishBball

I was not trashing anyone.... I tried to point out that most of us when placed in front of a camera and microphone would probably not perform very well.... Still it was a very poor choice of words... With the new schedules and regions I don't think any team should spew billboard material..

tpoole12

I apologize. Should have not used the word trashed. My point was that no Catholic people were commenting on the Purdy comments and making excuses for the game.

Great game. I don't think anyone ever doubted that Catholic is on par with the best teams in the state.

Both teams played great football, and both teams made early season mistakes. I was really impressed with Catholic's offensive schemes. It really came down to overall depth. Many of Catholic's players had to go both ways, and Farragut was just fresher at the end. Both of these teams will make a deep run in the playoffs.

good luck to both. The Knoxville area has some high quality teams this year.

Was not very impressed with Zak Tait. You could really tell that he has spent a year away from football. I suspect that he will improve greatly as the season progresses. If this game was played later in the year he probably would have had more of an impact. KCHS has very impressive athletes, and this new offense should help to let them shine. Cozart was more physical than I expected him to be. Mackle was absolutely fearless coming across the middle, and although he dropped the TD pass, he was a force all night. I also liked KCHS TE #92, huge target with pretty good hands. Both teams made mistakes in the red zone, but that's what happens in big games. I think this will develop into an instant rivalry.

It's cool IrishBball.

Catholic and Farragut both played well and poorly at times.... I guess we do tend to throw a few barbs at our old region two compadres.. I think they would probably do us the same way given an opportunity........ :thumb:

Look forward to our trip in a few weeks... Now that may turn into a must read thread....... :thumb:

tpoole12

I talked to Adam today and he for sure tore his MCL. The MRI comes back sometime this week and we are praying for no other tears. If the ACL or any other ligaments are torn, surgery will be forth-coming. If the MCL is all that is torn, he will be back out in 6 weeks or so. And by the way it wasnt the same knee as last year. So pray for just the MCL! We need his presence on the field... He's a major defensive force for us.

Anyways I was thinking about the game. In terms of yardage, it was a defensive failure by both- nearly 900 yards of overall offense! In terms of scoring, it was an offensive failure because only 32 points on the board for both. (failure might be a little strong, but you know what I mean) Exciting game, but I would really love to see these two play later in the season when they both are going full-force and firing on all cylinders.

OH! and whats up with the farragut students keying Catholic's students cars? Ridiculous.

If that's true, that's disappointed. I had been impressed with how the Farragut fans had behaved. I didn't hear any smack talking before the game, didn't hear them rubbing the loss in afterward, and they were quiet when Adam was down.

On another note, since Catholic has to play schools 1.8 times their size, I've decided their points should be worth 1.8 times as much. With that in mind, I am declaring Catholic to have won the game 22 - 20. (Interesting fact: I read today that Tennessee won't have the highest multiplier in the nation 4 years from now; Nevada's introducing a multiplier of 2.0 that will go into effect in 2013)

Still a close game! :D

If that's true, that's disappointed. I had been impressed with how the Farragut fans had behaved. I didn't hear any smack talking before the game, didn't hear them rubbing the loss in afterward, and they were quiet when Adam was down.

On another note, since Catholic has to play schools 1.8 times their size, I've decided their points should be worth 1.8 times as much. With that in mind, I am declaring Catholic to have won the game 22 - 20. (Interesting fact: I read today that Tennessee won't have the highest multiplier in the nation 4 years from now; Nevada's introducing a multiplier of 2.0 that will go into effect in 2013)

:lol: