Volunteer vs Science Hill

justafan12345

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok lets get it started.

I'll take a Volunteer upset this week,as I'm sure Science Hill would take a Central win over DB.Volunteer is coming off of a hard fought loss as is Science Hill.I think Elizabethton has got a very good team and Science Hill will be better for that game.I truly thought North would beat Vounteer by two touchdowns,so they are getting better.This is just how I see it going down [The Hill 35,Volunteer 21].

Science Hill has some sizable players. They also have several options for QB unlike Volunteer with a lone man job. Or have they chosen a final QB? If not, this could lead into SH making some interesting offensive plays and efforts. A fresh QB every few plays or every other quarter could be challenging to say the least. However, SH's coach has stated that his team lacks physical strength. Well, that's one up for Volunteer if they play with their heads in the game. Volunteer has numerous physically tough boys. Even Rogers, one of the smallest players is as tough as someone 3 times his size. SH has 2 boys that over the 300 mark, but others are equal in size and weight to Volunteer's O and D.

SH made 1 more touchdown against Elizabethton than Volunteer. Their D did a did a better job of holding Elizabethton to just 23 points. I didn't watch the game or know all of the specifics. However, Volunteer stepped it up several notches this past week and played very well on both sides of the ball. If Volunteer can hold onto that same intensity to win, they will surely make SH fight for everything. Volunteer has a few still playing both sides of the ball. Yet, they switched it up since the Elizabethton game and their efforts in doing so have paid off. Penalties will once again be a major downfall for SH. Volunteer only had three this past week. They make every effort to avoid costly penalties such as SH has on a regular basis.

I'm going for Volunteer to win this one. After their one point lose, they are more eager for a win than ever.

V=28

SH=21

All I want to say right now is I think we should all support Coach Rider in what he is doing, I don't think anything that is going on right now is his fault. He is a good coach, he is a great person and respects each and every young man that is on the team. Let's rally behind Coach Rider and have high hopes that he will get the program going in the right direction.

One question I have is how can we get money for a new weight room? I have seen the inside of the weight room and it was better in 1999 when I graduated from Volunteer then it is now. What happend to all the equipment that was there? I for one think it would be nice to have a new building built, looking over the field.

I have talked with rogers4falcons, and we have thought about the buy a brick idea. I know DB has done it, so why can't we? If we can get something like that going, it would give the boys a great place to have a all year long program. If we have 600 Falcon Fans buy a brick for $100 per brick that is $60,000 that we could raise for the new building. I myself would be willing to by more then one that is for sure, I just want us to have the opportunity that everyone else has.

Just a heads up to Volunteer. Science Hill will open the game with a onsides kick.

Gilligan - 42

Surgonsville - 14

WACOFF JACOFF your stupidity and ignorance never cease to amaze me! Having a battle of the mind with you would be like fighting a one legged man in a buttkicking contest. MORON!

I musta' said something to make this cat mad. :bored: I try to help you guys out and this is the thanks I get? I've spent my last di :bored: me at the Ken-Jo market.

Just a heads up to Volunteer. Science Hill will open the game with a onsides kick.

Gilligan - 42

Surgonsville - 14

WACOFF JACOFF your stupidity and ignorance never cease to amaze me! Having a battle of the mind with you would be like fighting a one legged man in a buttkicking contest. MORON!

I musta' said something to make this cat mad. :bored: I try to help you guys out and this is the thanks I get? I've spent my last di :bored: me at the Ken-Jo market.

Hey Nike.....how am I doing so far? :bored:

You are doing just fine Sir. And you know you will continue to stop by the Ken Jo, I do everytime I am up that way, I also make sure to hit up Pal's cause after football season the only time I get it is when I go to Morristown.

Of course I am going to say the Falcons are going to win tomorrow night, I know we are going to be underdawgs but oh well. Last week against North I saw the boys come together and play as an entire team. If that team shows up tomorrow night I think we might just shock alot of people and take one from The Hill.

Volunteer 24

Science Hill 17