West vs Maryville

Rebelfan06

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of curious about this game, both maryville and west have pretty good atheletes on both sides of the ball. West beats Maryville in terms of speed and quickness but Maryville beats West in terms of discipline. If Maryville slips up once and allow one big play that could be game over. Especially with Stephen Gybison coming back this weak. I am expecting WHS to come through with the upset.

I expect Maryville to play much better this week. West is tough but I think Maryville wins 28-21.

I said earlier if teams are going to beat Maryville this is the year to do it. Maryville starts 3 sophomores on the offensive line. They will be great ones in time. Another sophomore starts at tailback. Sophomore class is loaded. Quarles compared it to the class with Carl Stewart and Brandon Waters. Freshmen are loaded. Freshmen team spanked Alcoa's freshmen last night. Assistant coach said he has never had a more physical freshmen class. Middle School team is freaking loaded. They are killing people.

Defense lost 9 starters from last year. It showed big time against Alcoa. They will get better. The coaching is too good.

West always give Maryville fits.

After what the young men at West witnessed and then had to cope with in week 0, I'll be pulling for them throughout the '09 season. I think some teams are awed by Maryville and, therefore, beaten before they ever step off the bus. West has not been one of those teams in recent years and won't be Friday. Still, West isn't Alcoa. The Tornadoes are arguably the best team in the state, and while Maryville's underbelly is softer than usual, few teams will be able to expose and exploit that vulnerability in a fashion approaching that of Alcoa last Friday. Maryville's play will improve, their coaches will make adjustments, the competition will become more manageable and the Rebels will be just fine (at least by the standards of practically everyone else in the state). You know the Maryville players can't wait to get back out on the field.

I expect Maryville to play much better this week. West is tough but I think Maryville wins 28-21.

I said earlier if teams are going to beat Maryville this is the year to do it. Maryville starts 3 sophomores on the offensive line. They will be great ones in time. Another sophomore starts at tailback. Sophomore class is loaded. Quarles compared it to the class with Carl Stewart and Brandon Waters. Freshmen are loaded. Freshmen team spanked Alcoa's freshmen last night. Assistant coach said he has never had a more physical freshmen class. Middle School team is freaking loaded. They are killing people.

Defense lost 9 starters from last year. It showed big time against Alcoa. They will get better. The coaching is too good.

West always give Maryville fits.

Maryville will get back to their winning ways this week. I'll take Maryville by 2 touchdowns.

RebelRon, I wouldn't say Maryville spanked Alcoa's freshmen last night. Alcoa had 3 turnovers inside the 25 yard line of Maryville's end ( 3 in the first half). Alcoa had a big 4th down play and literally an inch and they run off tackle. All they had to do was a quarterback sneak as there was no one under the center. That drive was stopped late in the 3rd quarter on Maryville's 18 yard line. Very bad call on the coaches part. At that time it was 13 to 6 Maryville. I thought it was a very even match-up. Maryville's quarterback was much better than Alcoa's. That was the biggest difference in the game. Both lines were very comparable with the slight edge going to Maryville. Alcoa has some very, very good skill player on the outside just couldn't get them the ball. Skill players Alcoa definitely had the advantage. Middle linebacker for Maryville will be a stud. Both of these teams will be great in the future but to say it was a spanking is very far fetched. Maryville scored on a 28 yard run with about 4 mins left in the game to put it away.

Hey Rebel Ron! Just want to say I think you are a class act and have always enjoyed your point of view. I have no other way to ask you but in this forum, so I'll just ask whats on my mind. What is this were hearing in the Alcoa circle about "River Dance Ron"? Is their any truth to this. As I said earlier I've always respected your opinion. My appologies to the board for getting off subject.

Alcoa benefits greatly from being able to easily take out of zone kids but their core athletes are almost always Alcoa kids....home grown and very athletic. There kids are working hard and their program is attractive to football minded families so the influx will continue.

My prediction.....Maryville 31....West 20 with Maryville scoring 10 points in the forth to salt it away.

Yea and it was that 40% of out of zone players that brought the heat last Friday night :thumb: Anyway Maryville 28 West 14

RebelRon, I wouldn't say Maryville spanked Alcoa's freshmen last night. Alcoa had 3 turnovers inside the 25 yard line of Maryville's end ( 3 in the first half). Alcoa had a big 4th down play and literally an inch and they run off tackle. All they had to do was a quarterback sneak as there was no one under the center. That drive was stopped late in the 3rd quarter on Maryville's 18 yard line. Very bad call on the coaches part. At that time it was 13 to 6 Maryville. I thought it was a very even match-up. Maryville's quarterback was much better than Alcoa's. That was the biggest difference in the game. Both lines were very comparable with the slight edge going to Maryville. Alcoa has some very, very good skill player on the outside just couldn't get them the ball. Skill players Alcoa definitely had the advantage. Middle linebacker for Maryville will be a stud. Both of these teams will be great in the future but to say it was a spanking is very far fetched. Maryville scored on a 28 yard run with about 4 mins left in the game to put it away.

A good win for Mairvul frashman....Alcouh scorred thair TD on a Mairvul fumble around the Mairvul 20.....I thought the big Mairvul DT #54 was also tuff....He maid tha big hit on Koko on the 4th down play....Crenshaw is good at LB fer Alcouh.... :thumb:

A good win for Mairvul frashman....Alcouh scorred thair TD on a Mairvul fumble around the Mairvul 20.....I thought the big Mairvul DT #54 was also tuff....He maid tha big hit on Koko on the 4th down play....Crenshaw is good at LB fer Alcouh.... :thumb:

By the time I recruit Knox Co. and Blount Co. Alcoa will have 40% more talent to help this freshman class! :thumb:

I'm working on two Maryville 8th graders now...........Nothing works better than showing the youngsters GOLD! :thumb: