Franklin Vs. Centennial

wilcofootball

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA soooooooo quick to start a new thread huh Grasshopper? It couldnt have been because of your bogus prediction against Christian Co. could it? So, we know how this routine is going end... you'll keep picking them to lose and when they do you will banter on the "I told you so's". Grasshopper, I dont think this is a undefeated team this year. However, they CAN be a good playoff team by the end of the year. So, when the loss comes I just want everybody to know on Franklins' post what your game plan is and that you still dont know anything about the game of football.

First district game Rebels let's get it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could this be the year the Cougars finally beat the rebels? I think so...

As the great John McEnroe put its... "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!"

The backbone of Centennial's team graduated last year, and Franklin should control the game from kickoff. Their defense swarmed Christian Co. yesterday, and I expect to see the same against the Cougars. As long as the "over-rated" (as you like to put it, wilcofootball) 3-headed monster of Keylo, Ford, and Dye hold onto the ball, it's game over.

Franklin 21, Centennial 7 :flower:

Well we came into that game knowing nothing of Christian County. Now that the game's over all I can say is.... WOW. That's considered a state championship contender in Kentucky??? Why would a Williamson County team play a Kentucky team when almost any other team in the state could demolish that junk heap. And the answer? Clayton. Now we know why this "amazing" coach has such a great win/loss record. Look at the competition he had in Kentucky... Here's a clayton thought process for you, "let's head to another state so I can show off my sorry excuse for a QB to my boys back in Kentucky." As for the overrated running backs, Ford carried the ball how many times? That's right... 3. Why? Because this RB cannot be relied on to show leadership. The QB cannot be relied on to throw, hand the ball off, or anything else for that matter. The offensive line cannot be relied on to open up holes for the running backs. Maybe it's the o lines fault that the rebels are so bad this year. But I stand by what I said... This is just a sub par team with no leadership. Please don't rely on them to do anything this year. Sure Centennial may have lost players from last year. But according to everyone else, so has franklin. What people seem to forget is, this is a TEAM game. Individual players make little difference if the team is not backing them up. This is the case for franklin, so much individual talent but no TEAM, and a coaching staff that is mediocre at best will mark September 4th, 2009 as the day Centennial first beat fhs.

Cougars 21

Rebels 14

Well we came into that game knowing nothing of Christian County. Now that the game's over all I can say is.... WOW. That's considered a state championship contender in Kentucky??? Why would a Williamson County team play a Kentucky team when almost any other team in the state could demolish that junk heap. And the answer? Clayton. Now we know why this "amazing" coach has such a great win/loss record. Look at the competition he had in Kentucky... Here's a clayton thought process for you, "let's head to another state so I can show off my sorry excuse for a QB to my boys back in Kentucky." As for the overrated running backs, Ford carried the ball how many times? That's right... 3. Why? Because this RB cannot be relied on to show leadership. The QB cannot be relied on to throw, hand the ball off, or anything else for that matter. The offensive line cannot be relied on to open up holes for the running backs. Maybe it's the o lines fault that the rebels are so bad this year. But I stand by what I said... This is just a sub par team with no leadership. Please don't rely on them to do anything this year. Sure Centennial may have lost players from last year. But according to everyone else, so has franklin. What people seem to forget is, this is a TEAM game. Individual players make little difference if the team is not backing them up. This is the case for franklin, so much individual talent but no TEAM, and a coaching staff that is mediocre at best will mark September 4th, 2009 as the day Centennial first beat fhs.

Cougars 21

Rebels 14

Obviously you don't know much about these Rebels... so I advise you to sit back & relax and be proven wrong (again) on Friday. There more junk you write about Franklin, the more you'll look like an idiot...

At a certain point in this "rivalry" (even as one-sided as it has been) fans will start to ask "when?", and until that fateful day every year will continue to be a new-chance to be the first. Let me remind everybody out there, "there is a first time for everything." And once again until that "first time" happens we will sit here and ponder the chances and possibilities of this being the year. And I could see his being the possible/ potential first in a long line of almosts and failures. For the simple fact that people can not see 09' being the year that Centennial finally beats Franklin. And myself (like many others) believe that Franklin may be the bigger & better team fully capable of continuing the streak. But I think that many are already giving the "win" to the Rebels from Franklin. I think that many are already looking forward to facing the Ootlewah Owls in two weeks. I can almost hear the whispers of the Anderson versus Smith match-up in the trenches, I can almost hear the whispers of Franklin's trio running up against Ootlewah's defense. And it is these whispers that could make the Centennial Cougars of 09' legendary. And if I am a fan, player, and/ or coach wearing maroon this week I am walking around looking at my feet searching for the possible trap along the ground.

This is the first district game for the Franklin Rebels (as well as the Centennial Cougars), this is the first bullet out of the chamber. But I feel that Franklin is starting to look down their schedule and are starting to chalk up "W"s. Franklin is itching to play a Hillsboro team that is looking anemic, Franklin is watching the inability to stop the run down the road at Independence, Franklin is heeding the rumors of a faltering Ravenwood dynasty, Franklin is already looking forward to a grand match-up in week 10 against the Brentwood Bruins. People are already calling that game the "distict championship", Franklin is watching their season run parallel along with Brentwood before the season has even gotten underway. It is because of this that I can see the possibility of Centennial shocking the mid-state on Friday night. And it would not be the first time that Franklin was left speechless at Howard Gamble Stadium.

Cougars 21

Rebels 14

I smell a dirty RAT! Obviously you are a jealous parent who has no insight as to what a TEAM these guys really are. If you knew anything about them, you would know there is senior leadership. You are a peon who has to hide behind a screen name. Get a backbone!

According to the Tennessean, the stats show that Ford had 6 carries for a gain of 68 yards. Get off his back! Dye went 3-4, Lee 10-27, and Miller1-6. For the receivers, Dye was 1-6, Ford 2-16, Gentry 1-11, Lee 2-6, Nelson 2-28, and Young 1-9.

The Rebels have 2 wins behind them and they will show up Friday night against the Cougars. Good luck to Franklin!

Cougars 21

Rebels 14

I smell a dirty RAT! Obviously you are a jealous parent who has no insight as to what a TEAM these guys really are. If you knew anything about them, you would know there is senior leadership. You are a peon who has to hide behind a screen name. Get a backbone!

According to the Tennessean, the stats show that Ford had 6 carries for a gain of 68 yards. Get off his back! Dye went 3-4, Lee 10-27, and Miller1-6. For the receivers, Dye was 1-6, Ford 2-16, Gentry 1-11, Lee 2-6, Nelson 2-28, and Young 1-9.

The Rebels have 2 wins behind them and they will show up Friday night against the Cougars. Good luck to Franklin!

A DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY RAT!!!! your exactly right Crony... but we can call this guy Grasshopper for the rest of the year. He/She made it quite clear that this is a parent who has no other recourse but to bash the football program, and we know which parent. Grasshopper, you made it quite obvious who you were with your foolish comments about your son working with his older brother. Not once did you mention anything about the defense which makes my judgment about you even more valid. Bashing the starting 15 year old QB wont get the results your looking for... I am with Crony. Why dont you grow a set and just announce yourself? YOU DONT HAVE IT IN YOU to do that, and that is why you don t respond to my constant attacks on your idiotic analysis of the Rebels football team.

My take... the Rebels are going to HAVE to play a sound game, and the offense has to show that they can sustain a drive even when faced with 3rd and long. Defense has shown up and played pretty consistenly and would expect nothing less from them. However, I havent seen anything else on the Cougars and will still have to take the Rebels in this game due to the fact that they are showing signs of improvement.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't assume that I am Mikruts older brother/ parent. I'm not. Don't sully their good name. My comment about Mikrut was an assumption due to the fact that his brother was a great QB and I would think that if his younger brother had any strive to be a better QB he would ask him to help. I repeat, I am not a Mikrut or have any relation to the Mikruts.