ONEIDA VS. WARTBURG

kazam37

Hey Brothers, don't misinterpret my script. Anything I said previously was all constructive criticism. No oone could be more proud of the Indians right now than I am. That pass from Hood to West was UNREAL. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L Man!Something out of the books. I agree it's exactly what the fellows needed to get them on track. Things looked a little "unraveled" but the Indians will move forward and again my CONGRATS.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was a much better game than the final score indicates. Wartburg played tough & their defense made a few stops when backed up to keep them in the game. I was impressed with the way our defense handled the Oneida running game for most of the night. You wanna talk about shooting ourself in the foot Oneida? What about Wartburg? They fumbled 4 or 5 times. Now thats shooting yourself in the foot. The dogs offense moved the ball well, but they still cant seem to finish drives. We must finish what we start if we are going to compete with good football teams like Oneida.

Wartburg played thier hearts out...the score did not show how close of a game it really was. Wartburg made too many stupid mistakes..they cant keep falling back on that excuse though. It's time to fix the mistakes and get on the right track. The offense showed a little spark on their first possession then fumbled in the red zone. Then we fumble on a kickoff return. Both which Oneida capitalized on. Mistakes like that add up. Get ready for Harriman guys. Keep it up.

Wartburg played thier hearts out...the score did not show how close of a game it really was. Wartburg made too many stupid mistakes..they cant keep falling back on that excuse though. It's time to fix the mistakes and get on the right track. The offense showed a little spark on their first possession then fumbled in the red zone. Then we fumble on a kickoff return. Both which Oneida capitalized on. Mistakes like that add up......oh yeah and for Oneida, really smart and strategic to go for 2 when the scores 6-27....i liked that move...it showed lots of class dry.gif

I don't think going for 2 was the intention there. The holder fumbled the ball, picked it up and took off for the pylon.

Agreed smashmouth it was obvious that the holder bobbled the snap & then did what he is coached to do. A good heads up play. I guess blue-white realized it since he erased what he wrote. I thought Oneida & Wartburg both showed class & loved seeing the teams in prayer together afterward. Good luck to the Indians & Go Dawgs

I'm getting tired of reading "the score didn't show how close the game was". Friday night, Oneida led the whole game. Score is what matters, not effort. Granted effort contributes to the ability to score and stop an opponent from scoring. Wartburg might have played "evenly" with all the teams this year, but the score tells the game. I don't understand how you can say a game was close when a team can't move the ball. Sounds one sided to me. Defense is good, but football has three dimensions; Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. Wartburg has been good in one of the three categories. You can't be competitive until you get at least decent in all three.

Bitterfan, while I tend to agree with a good deal of your post it did leave me wondering some things. Just which team are you a fan of & why so bitter? If your a Wartburg supporter then why the negativity toward someone making the statement about the game being closer then the scoreboard showed? The dogs did play a hard fought game, looked like they gave it their all & did the best they could on that particular night. That's all you can ask for from any team. You cannot control how talented another team is or how well they execute, you can only control your own effort & execution. If you give everything you have on every play & you still come up short on the scoreboard then yes you do lose the game but what else could be done. The other team just ended up being the better team on that night & in the given conditions.

If your an Oneida fan then this post just shows no class so I will not comment on it any further.

Crow, I am not an Oneida fan. I'm an unbiased Morgan County resident, tired of seeing the score but hearing how close it was. At no point in the game Friday night did I think "Wow Wartburg might pull this one out." I really like what Coach Shoemaker is doing with a broken Bulldog Program. He's on the right path and that program is close to turning it around, but to hear anyone from Wartburg talk, the program is turned around. And It's not yet. I pull for Wartburg because of the fact they're from Morgan County and that's just out of respect. And I agree the effort is there, but if you could look back to Wartburg threads from the past three years, the effort is always there, and the game was a lot closer than the scoreboard. I've only been to one Wartburg game where I thought to myself, They can win this game. And that was their win over Coalfield. If the thought you're going to win the game doesn't cross the mind of people in the stands then in my opinion the game is not close.

Best of luck to Wartburg this week against Harriman. This game has the POTENTIAL to be a really good game. I'd like for Wartburg to try to throw more this week, get the ball to those speedsters on the outside.