Brentwood v. Oakland

MidTennFootball

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid win tonight for Oakland. Not neccessarily an A+ game, but the running game moved the ball well when needed to and on defense, we forced Brentwood to become one-dimensional.

On offense, I think we did a great job of getting the ball to our playmakers and giving them a chance to do something with it. It was nice to see guys like Jarrod Hargis and Buddy Mitchell getting the ball a fair bit, something I think that will only serve to make this offense better in the long run. Eventually, I would like to see Oakland take more shots down the field, use Schaller a little bit more and take advantage of his athleticism, he is a tough matchup for any corner to take on. Also did well to limit T's carries, as Zach Barnes has really stepped up these last 3 games. Ideally, Id like to see Khalil Newman take charge as well and give Oakland the 3-headed monster that served them so well last season.

Defense, what can I say? You continue to deliver. Yeah, they didnt get the shut-out, but completely shutdown Brentwood's running game, save for Coffey's 1 carry right before halftime. Brentwood has a solid qb when he goes through his progressions, but he tends to lock onto his receivers too much, which was a killer for the Bruins when Oakland went up 14-0. The goal is to get better every week, a feel like Oakland is doing that, bring on the Warriors.

BTW Bruin fans, ive never been against noisemakers, but you guys went a little overkill in that regard..........

BTW LOD,#8 is Darius McAdoo, Timmy's cousin I believe.

To all of the Oakland brethren:

1. Your hospitality was excellent

2. I tried one of the fabled Oakland hot dogs. They lived up to the hype. :D

3. The Patriots lived up to their hype.

4. I hope we get to play you again this year!

5. If all you have to complain about is our noisemakers, than you don't have many problems

Good luck on the rest of your season

Go Bruins!

The atmosphere was electric last night. I always enjoy seeing spirited crowds and last night's was a great example of that. The noisemakers don't bother me unless they are doing them at the snap like Franklin County does to try to rattle the QB. Other than that, I think they are fine.

Next important issue to address....the HOT DOGS. They are NOT the same brand of dogs. My mouth has watered for my dogs for mths now and I start off buying three and can't wait to savor the spiciness of them. Then BUMMER, no spice to them anymore. Needless to say I ate all three, but didn't go back for another. Concessions is going to lose a fortune from me if they don't go back to MY dogs again. What happened patriotmama?

I can't say enough about our defensive line. It has been our bright spot for years at Oakland. These kids have experience, effort,speed, strength, heart, and ability. They are so tuned in to each other, that they are like a smooth-running well-oiled machine. Sometimes I miss the rest of the action on the field for just watching their magic. We are the best in the district and probably the state as well. Last night was no exception to that.

Barnes, you didn't disappoint me last night. You are turning into a playmaker and I am so PROUD of you on that field. I saw so much promise in you as a freshman and you have not disappointed me as you come into your own this year. I applaud the coaches for seeing the potential in you in running the ball. The best part is that you don't have a cocky bone in your body.