Brentwood v. Oakland

MidTennFootball

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. - all you Oakland fans - I've read 3 pages of your comments dissing the Bruins. Quite frankly, I can't blame you - we're as befuddled about what kind of team we have as everyone else. We obviously will have to play 4 quarters this week to have a a chance to win. BUT.....

Please enlighten our culinary interest and let us know what the attraction to an Oakland hot dog is. The Bruin faithfull led by our 12th man club are known for our extroidinary tailgates(for example: andouille sausage burgers with remoulade sauce, smoked venison summer sausage, etc...) so it willl take alot for us to hold room for a dawg!!!

All kidding aside - we're looking forward to coming to Rutherford County(Again.....) and watching 2 good teams and 2 great coaches mix it up!

Go Bruins!

:thumb:

O.K. - all you Oakland fans - I've read 3 pages of your comments dissing the Bruins. Quite frankly, I can't blame you - we're as befuddled about what kind of team we have as everyone else. We obviously will have to play 4 quarters this week to have a a chance to win. BUT.....

Please enlighten our culinary interest and let us know what the attraction to an Oakland hot dog is. The Bruin faithfull led by our 12th man club are known for our extroidinary tailgates(for example: andouille sausage burgers with remoulade sauce, smoked venison summer sausage, etc...) so it willl take alot for us to hold room for a dawg!!!

All kidding aside - we're looking forward to coming to Rutherford County(Again.....) and watching 2 good teams and 2 great coaches mix it up!

Go Bruins!

:lol:

Ok, now you've done it! Just what tailgate is going to have the venison summer sausage, and do they allow guest from a neutral third school? :thumb:

Being from R'dale I can sit on either side and can be bought! :thumb:

Actually I have to be a homer in this one and sit on the Oakland side. Having actually quit smoking I can actually sit and watch a game now.

Should be a great game! I am just praying for it to be injury free.

This should be a great game! Both coaches are defensive minded. Both have great strength and conditioning programs. Both coached together at Riverdale for a couple of years. And no one has mentioned the story line of the two coaches being Father-in-Law and Son-in-Law. And please don't get me wrong.....That will all make it a great game, but the kids are more important than that as well! Should be a fun game with all that is connected between the two school. Good Luck to both Teams!!

Go Bruins!

I do not think any Oakland regulars have predicted a big Oakland win, I think just merely everyone else. Personally, I think it is going to be an instant classic. I hope this is a game both teams can keep on their schedule for the forseeable future.

:popcorneater:

Solid win tonight for Oakland. Not neccessarily an A+ game, but the running game moved the ball well when needed to and on defense, we forced Brentwood to become one-dimensional.

On offense, I think we did a great job of getting the ball to our playmakers and giving them a chance to do something with it. It was nice to see guys like Jarrod Hargis and Buddy Mitchell getting the ball a fair bit, something I think that will only serve to make this offense better in the long run. Eventually, I would like to see Oakland take more shots down the field, use Schaller a little bit more and take advantage of his athleticism, he is a tough matchup for any corner to take on. Also did well to limit T's carries, as Zach Barnes has really stepped up these last 3 games. Ideally, Id like to see Khalil Newman take charge as well and give Oakland the 3-headed monster that served them so well last season.

Defense, what can I say? You continue to deliver. Yeah, they didnt get the shut-out, but completely shutdown Brentwood's running game, save for Coffey's 1 carry right before halftime. Brentwood has a solid qb when he goes through his progressions, but he tends to lock onto his receivers too much, which was a killer for the Bruins when Oakland went up 14-0. The goal is to get better every week, a feel like Oakland is doing that, bring on the Warriors.

BTW Bruin fans, ive never been against noisemakers, but you guys went a little overkill in that regard..........

BTW LOD,#8 is Darius McAdoo, Timmy's cousin I believe.