Jo Byrns vs. East Robertson - The Match in the Patch

Shep

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree to an extent, but "a bunch" of me players...more like 3-4 IMO. BUT, this has been the case for 10 years. There has been a bad rash of ER guys that lose their head in the "Match in the Patch" over the years and it has played a factor into this game, and I'm sure it has played out like that in other games. #5, for instance, is a heckuva player, but why not keep your composure during the game instead of making terrible plays that cost your team in penalties. Some of this HAS to go back to coaching, or maybe just a different style of coaching. IF (and we all know about if's) I were ER's coach, #5 would've been sat out for a while after the 2nd personal foul, much less the 3rd...and if I recall correctly, he had 3-4 of them. Playing with emotion is one thing, but costing your team is another.

On a different note, my hat's off to #11 and #9...and for the most part #5. I knew ya'll could play after watching what happened in the jamboree and proved it again last night. I hope ya'll bounce back and represent the county in the 2A playoffs...just control the personal fouls!!!

As far as JB goes....Adkins and Holt out, LK hurt, Morris hurt...and the team held it together. I think we'll be alright the rest of the way!

IMO this was the 2ND best ever Match in the Patch, but it carries a lot of weight. This was the 1st time in JB-ER history that a team has gone undefeated in a given decade, that being 2000-2009.

Well said Shep.I was going to post on what I thought about the game,but you pretty much summed my thoughts up perfectly.

Like Kevin38 said,(win or lose)this game is going to benefit Jo Byrns once the playoffs roll around.

I agree to an extent, but "a bunch" of me players...more like 3-4 IMO. BUT, this has been the case for 10 years. There has been a bad rash of ER guys that lose their head in the "Match in the Patch" over the years and it has played a factor into this game, and I'm sure it has played out like that in other games. #5, for instance, is a heckuva player, but why not keep your composure during the game instead of making terrible plays that cost your team in penalties. Some of this HAS to go back to coaching, or maybe just a different style of coaching. IF (and we all know about if's) I were ER's coach, #5 would've been sat out for a while after the 2nd personal foul, much less the 3rd...and if I recall correctly, he had 3-4 of them. Playing with emotion is one thing, but costing your team is another.

On a different note, my hat's off to #11 and #9...and for the most part #5. I knew ya'll could play after watching what happened in the jamboree and proved it again last night. I hope ya'll bounce back and represent the county in the 2A playoffs...just control the personal fouls!!!

As far as JB goes....Adkins and Holt out, LK hurt, Morris hurt...and the team held it together. I think we'll be alright the rest of the way!

IMO this was the 2ND best ever Match in the Patch, but it carries a lot of weight. This was the 1st time in JB-ER history that a team has gone undefeated in a given decade, that being 2000-2009.

Well said Shep.I was going to post on what I thought about the game,but you pretty much summed my thoughts up perfectly.

Like Kevin38 said,(win or lose)this game is going to benefit Jo Byrns once the playoffs roll around.

but will jbs get any love from the rct sports writer after this game? doubt it , but who really cares what he thinks he couldn't pick a winner if he wanted to. don't pick against the devils rct writer you'll learn before the season is over and everyone else is playing b-ball

but who really cares what he thinks he couldn't pick a winner if he wanted to.

I have to agree. Who is that guy anyway and where did he come from?

from what i can gather he wrote for the student paper at the university of tennessee last year so he probably just graduated and got the job "rookie" he might figure out robertson county sports before everybody cancels their subscription. :rolleyes: