Tellico Plains (3-1) vs. Rockwood (3-0)

cathey

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice observation. I haven't been to a game or saw any film. It is a littl hard when I am 6 hours away. Does Rockwood do internet broadcasts?

Well....I understand saying stop O'Dell.....and actually stopping O'Dell....is 2 different things.........bigbearsfan hit the nail on the head....our line is the reason for the balance......Rockwood doesn't do a webcast that i know of

Rockwood will win the game at the line of scrimmage. Their offensive and defensive line play is well executed in that each man does his assignment. In order for the Bears to have a chance their o-line and d-line has to play much better as a unit. Rockwood lines appear better than that of GCA, GCA won against Tellico, so Rockwood should come away with a victory.

You can't base that on scores alone. All of GCA points and offense came in the first half. Tellico came out in the third quarter, had 198 yards of offense, a touchdown, handled over 2/3 of the clock for the half, and held GCA to less than one hundred yards total offense for the second half, not to mention a goal line stand for four plays on the two yard line. So, you can't base who will win simply on a score. From what I have read, if the Tellico of the second half had showed up in the first, the game would have been a different story. As for O'Dell, the Bears won Friday night with O'dell getting very few touches as he was sick. The final was 33-12 over Coalfield. I report for the newspaper in Polk County, and I have interviewed the three coaches that have faced Rockwood. They all came to a consensus that Rockwood is not very diversified in their play calling, and they rely heavy on the Fullback for their ground work, as well as having a non-existent passing game. They have all heard of how physicial Tellico's line and defense have become and believe it will be a close one, with 2 out of 3 saying TP will win because of their D-Line.

You can't base that on scores alone. All of GCA points and offense came in the first half. Tellico came out in the third quarter, had 198 yards of offense, a touchdown, handled over 2/3 of the clock for the half, and held GCA to less than one hundred yards total offense for the second half, not to mention a goal line stand for four plays on the two yard line. So, you can't base who will win simply on a score. From what I have read, if the Tellico of the second half had showed up in the first, the game would have been a different story. As for O'Dell, the Bears won Friday night with O'dell getting very few touches as he was sick. The final was 33-12 over Coalfield. I report for the newspaper in Polk County, and I have interviewed the three coaches that have faced Rockwood. They all came to a consensus that Rockwood is not very diversified in their play calling, and they rely heavy on the Fullback for their ground work, as well as having a non-existent passing game. They have all heard of how physicial Tellico's line and defense have become and believe it will be a close one, with 2 out of 3 saying TP will win because of their D-Line.

Well, all of this may be true, but if Tellico doesn't stop Inman, it could be a long night for them. The kid has Division 1 size and the breakaway speed to boot!

Southeastfootball wrote:

I report for the newspaper in Polk County, and I have interviewed the three coaches that have faced Rockwood. They all came to a consensus that Rockwood is not very diversified in their play calling, and they rely heavy on the Fullback for their ground work, as well as having a non-existent passing game.

Fullback rushed for about 50 yds against kingston, 2 other backs also rushed for about 50 yards

Had 77 yds passing, with a TD pass........I'd say that is balanced enough to keep the opposition honest in HS football. I wouldn't call that a "non-existent passing game"

Not to mention they are 3-0, averaging 31.6 PPG.........What's the point in diversifying???

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.