Tellico Plains (3-1) vs. Rockwood (3-0)

cathey

You can't base that on scores alone. All of GCA points and offense came in the first half. Tellico came out in the third quarter, had 198 yards of offense, a touchdown, handled over 2/3 of the clock for the half, and held GCA to less than one hundred yards total offense for the second half, not to mention a goal line stand for four plays on the two yard line. So, you can't base who will win simply on a score. From what I have read, if the Tellico of the second half had showed up in the first, the game would have been a different story. As for O'Dell, the Bears won Friday night with O'dell getting very few touches as he was sick. The final was 33-12 over Coalfield. I report for the newspaper in Polk County, and I have interviewed the three coaches that have faced Rockwood. They all came to a consensus that Rockwood is not very diversified in their play calling, and they rely heavy on the Fullback for their ground work, as well as having a non-existent passing game. They have all heard of how physicial Tellico's line and defense have become and believe it will be a close one, with 2 out of 3 saying TP will win because of their D-Line.

3 coaches said that that RW needs to be more diversified in passing? 3rd string qb started first 2 games total scores = RW 74 SW/GB = 0 why pass in those games. 3rd game 1st string qb started and was 4 out of 7 with a td RW won 21 to 14 they passed when they needed to and it worked.

Now to the game this should be a good one if RW comes out and plays like they did in the 1st 3 games they should win but on the road and any let down it will be a long sad ride back home.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southeastfootball wrote:

I have interviewed the three coaches that have faced Rockwood. They all came to a consensus that Rockwood is not very diversified in their play calling, and they rely heavy on the Fullback for their ground work, as well as having a non-existent passing game.

If this is true.......then why couldn't they stop it??? Sounds like maybe those coaches need to be talking to their D. Coord. instead of a newspaper guy in Polk County!!!!!!

Southeastfootball wrote:
I have interviewed the three coaches that have faced Rockwood. They all came to a consensus that Rockwood is not very diversified in their play calling, and they rely heavy on the Fullback for their ground work, as well as having a non-existent passing game.

If this is true.......then why couldn't they stop it??? Sounds like maybe those coaches need to be talking to their D. Coord. instead of a newspaper guy in Polk County!!!!!!

I agree with you Hater1. About relying on the fullback I think if coach Webb diden't use him with his talent he would be crazy. I'm sure the wing and tailbacks like it when the D is keying on Inman and their running the ball around the end for big yardage.

You can't base that on scores alone. All of GCA points and offense came in the first half. Tellico came out in the third quarter, had 198 yards of offense, a touchdown, handled over 2/3 of the clock for the half, and held GCA to less than one hundred yards total offense for the second half, not to mention a goal line stand for four plays on the two yard line. So, you can't base who will win simply on a score. From what I have read, if the Tellico of the second half had showed up in the first, the game would have been a different story. As for O'Dell, the Bears won Friday night with O'dell getting very few touches as he was sick. The final was 33-12 over Coalfield. I report for the newspaper in Polk County, and I have interviewed the three coaches that have faced Rockwood. They all came to a consensus that Rockwood is not very diversified in their play calling, and they rely heavy on the Fullback for their ground work, as well as having a non-existent passing game. They have all heard of how physicial Tellico's line and defense have become and believe it will be a close one, with 2 out of 3 saying TP will win because of their D-Line.

O'Dell had 10 carries for 148 yds ,1 TD,and threw 1 pass for 35 yds vs Coalfield......the next closest had 5 carries for 34 yds..........it's no secrete that Rockwood doesn't pass much and the fullback will get the bulk of the carries....that's just the way our offense runs and has ran for years.......2 out of 3 coaches that Rockwood has faced "saw" their team get shut out....yet 2 out of 3 predict Tellico to win because they "heard" of Tellico's line......that's interesting.........

Read the other post more carefully. I watched Tellico line get outplayed by GCA very early and GCA played second half with a more conservative effort. I saw the rivalry game of RW against Kingston and the RW line was more impressive than TP. This game will come down to o-line and d-line play and RW will win that match up. As for RW fullback, it looked to me that the wings for RW are very good runners in their own right. RW has a nicely balanced attack, but their line play seems to be the heart and soul of the team. Any running back is only as good as the men that play in front of them and not one move or juke by a running back can replace the effect of five or six bone jarring blocks at the start of the play. RW wins by running thru holes created by their o-line.

No need to get defensive with all of this. All I have been told is how you cannot underestimate TP. I even talked to GCA's Head Coach. He said the same thing. Inman is a stud. I was able to watch film on him from Kingston yesterday. He is definately one to contend with. I just hope RW isn't a team that doesn't have a solid plan B and/or C if TP loads 8 men on the line. TP's backs are more speed than power like Inman. O'dell seems to have a "twin" in Ivens, or at least he shows signs of becoming one. I honestly think that this Friday night will be one of those classic football games: Hard hits, A healthy dose of the running game from both sides, and a low score. I watched films on both TP and RW and I think this one will come down to special teams and of course who makes the fewest mistakes. This is one I can't pick the winner. Very excited to go watch this one. I wish both teams the best of luck, no major injuries, and I hope they both play hard!

Ivens did not at Coalfield, rumor has it he has a bum knee from GCA game. Also according to news his father was hurt bad in a four wheeler accident this week and still in the hospital. The (film) on TP should show D and O line make mistakes in the GCA game, but still are handled well by GCA linemen. #7 for Tellico will feel the pressure from RW line and make bad decisions (just like the GCA game) that will cost TP the game. QB frustration will come from the RW line's ability to handle TP at the point of contact.

Rockwood will probably end up winning this game but don't put anything past TP cause you never know, a perfect example of an upset was last friday when Oliver Springs lost to Grundy County, but if the Bears play to their potential and can shut down Inman and the run game TP could win this football game but I can guarantee you Rockwood has more than just Inman, there not 3-0 for nothing! They have athletes all over the place but if you can stop Inman that would be a big help to winning this football game but i'll go with Rockwood in this game.

Rockwood-28

TP-21

I checked on Ivens. His knee has checked out, cleared for practice. His dad was in an accident, but is awake and doing fine, should go home by the weekend. Ivens was at school. #7 had his first complete game of the season last week. Been told #25 and #24 both have been working with the first offense this week alot. Who knows. Guess we'll see friday night!