Dekalb Co. and Smith Co.

slam12

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blubelz....sugar. Oh yea, a few tears. Surely you weren't one of those that left when SC got the lead and missed all that did you?? And is someone over there nicknamed BOO HOO? Heard his name mentioned a few times too. Sorry again. :D

I will admit that the field is in bad shape though. I guess if we couldn't have used TTU's we would tear it you some more. Using somebody else's field instead of tearing it up more is better in the long run. We'll probably miss out on the concessions money.

I will say I'm proud of you though. You seem to be one of the FEW that know that "fans provide the team".

Do you think Cheesecake would let us use some of their wheel tax money to provide a state of the art field?? :D

Blubelz....sugar. Oh yea, a few tears. Surely you weren't one of those that left when SC got the lead and missed all that did you?? And is someone over there nicknamed BOO HOO? Heard his name mentioned a few times too. Sorry again. :D

I will admit that the field is in bad shape though. I guess if we couldn't have used TTU's we would tear it you some more. Using somebody else's field instead of tearing it up more is better in the long run. We'll probably miss out on the concessions money.

I will say I'm proud of you though. You seem to be one of the FEW that know that "fans provide the team".

Do you think Cheesecake would let us use some of their wheel tax money to provide a state of the art field?? :D

I think the next project will be artificial turf.

Blubelz dear........Nope. I'm nobody's mama. BUT.......Beings I wear Black and Gold, .... you folks on the southside can call me " DADDY" for now. :D

and thus answering the age old question .. "who's yer daddy??" lol ..

Termie, I can laff at myself faster and better than anyone .. can you? oh and if you're referring to the BooBird, I do believe that bird has lost some feathers .. I hope you realize BB didn't speak of all us over here .. I never boo .. :D and I never EVER leave early ..

since its going o be on the turf at tech. SC has played a few times at tech and i dont think DC has. its going to be a close game and the kicking game will have a great part in this game and the SC kicker has been kicking pretty good. he gets one shot to kickoff in the westy game and kicked it through the back of the endzone. so edge goes to SC.

Blubelz....sugar. Oh yea, a few tears. Surely you weren't one of those that left when SC got the lead and missed all that did you?? And is someone over there nicknamed BOO HOO? Heard his name mentioned a few times too. Sorry again. B)

I think the next project will be artificial turf.

I would think the next project should be a waterpark, create more revenue :D

termite,i make a donation every year around february.under the wheel tax plan,i was under the impression that this went to building schools,not playing on other peoples football fields.shame,shame,for abusing our tax money like that.why didnt dc let the game be played on their field?i guess the tax payers would like an answer from maynord or the school board,about what this will cost us.its not like the field cant be fixed.thats what football is,dirt and mud and grits.my school played on techs field for years,but the school system had to pay.so,thats my question,what is it costing us?oh! buy the way,i went to school with watson brown and his brother.two good men.

And WE appreciate your donation. :D Other people's football field?? It's a state school, I pay state taxes. Same thing ain't it??? Dirt, mud,and GRITS?? I wondered what that was I stepped in.

For the uninformed, which you seem to be, SC's program does pretty good on it's own. IF, IF it cost anything.....it's covered. Who do you think pays for the little extras the SC gets? The chartered buses for long away games and extra things for the players? The supporters of the program. Just like the practice facility. The SC QB club runs both consession stands,sells clothing, advertising, reserved seats, and other things to make money, which ALL goes back into the program. All you G-ville supporters keep tailgating at home games, and doing the type of things that take money FROM the Big Blue program and then complain about what SC has and does. Your welcome to come over and help get the field ready anytime to save some of your tax dollars, but bring your on tools.

Maybe you should have called ole Watson....then G-ville could be spending MY wheel tax. :D

Termie dear, you seem a tad excited, calm down, we're not dissing Carthage for the move, just trying to understand why .. chill dude .. if you're a dude .. I mean .. you could be somebody's mama or something .. right .. that's the beauty behind the nic

i must of hit a nerve about the situation.sorry,termie.yes,i am informed.

The field at SC has so many "foot craters" it was deemed unsafe for the players. Lower leg, knee and ankle injuries are more apt to occur with the existing conditions. The field will drain under normal circumstances but being in a "HOLE", it can only hold so much water. After this, the field becomes totally unplayable. The field is practically under water during this early morning rain. This decision was not a decision to help one team over the other - simply unsafe to play in the "HOLE". I don't see the reason to critize this move as the safety of SC and DC players are first and foremost. Also, no county funds will be used to move this game to TTU, only athletic funds.

The field at SC has so many "foot craters" it was deemed unsafe for the players. Lower leg, knee and ankle injuries are more apt to occur with the existing conditions. The field will drain under normal circumstances but being in a "HOLE", it can only hold so much water. After this, the field becomes totally unplayable. The field is practically under water during this early morning rain. This decision was not a decision to help one team over the other - simply unsafe to play in the "HOLE". I don't see the reason to critize this move as the safety of SC and DC players are first and foremost. Also, no county funds will be used to move this game to TTU, only athletic funds.

Agree with scooter about the safety of the players. That should be the number one priority. And add the fact that these 2 teams will be able to showcase their talents on a playable field. This game probably wouldn't be worth watching if played in the mud. I wouldn't entertain the thought of going to SC and watching the game (and I have made the trip several times the last 6 yrs). But since it's just down the road I will definitely go watch what should be a real good game.

Cheesy....Hit a nerve?? To hit a nerve, you would have to say something accurate and intelligent. So far you've missed, at every attempt. You are the one that asked "that's my question, what is it costing US"? Attempting to put SC in a bad light. Making an attempt to imply that SC is "abusing" the County's tax money.

Kind of looks like I HIT A NERVE with my answer. Cheesecake??? Sounds more like SOUR GRAPES

:justwrestle:

That's all right Cheesy. I understand it's hard being the lil brother. Keep paying those taxes. Keep spreading those rumors about kids. Watch for those GRITS, and say hello to Watson and Mack for me.........