Dekalb Co. and Smith Co.

slam12

Well so far SC got the ball and DC got the ball after a 3 and out and DC had a 25 yard pass on the first play, but the real reason I'm posting is I just found out Abram Edwards isn't able to play this game because of an injury. Nothing serious though. But still that could hurt DC bad and I just wonder how they will adjust to losing their best reciever for this game.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Score at half time is Dekalb 7 Smith Co. 7. Considering Dekalb's #1 receiver is out and have a freshman replacing him they are doing alright. There have big a few big plays where the timing Poteete and Edwards usually have down was off with the freshman so it is hurting us but DC is making the best of it and their defense has stepped up big time so far. Smith Co. defense is also doing great to hold the game tied at 7. Missing the receiver is hurting the scoring but there is still some great coverage on both sides. Great game so far.

This is the kind of game Silva needed.

I've said since the beginning of the year that I liked the way he ran the ball.

I think this shows that SC is getting better.

As far as Dekalb goes, I would love to see their defensive problems get worked out.

I know a lot of the kids on that team, and I have seen them play a lot of football, and I know they can do it.

So, IMO, it has to be the scheme that's the problem.

Silva tonight 34 carries - 228 yards 3 TDs!! Johnston 11-17 136 and a TD. SC kept the football and limited touches for the Tigers. DC had 2 deep balls for TDs in the last few minutes.

I only got one thing to say... I dont wanna hear anything about the running game anymore. I think we proved once and for all that our o-line will get after you. And Jose is one tough kid, 34 carries is a lot for one game, and he ran his heart out tonight. Now i know dekalbs D is not the best in the world... But Jose with 228 yds... 3 tds... nuff said. Heck of a game everybody. Dekalb, yall r a great football team. Keep your heads up and keep fighting. As for SC, keep proving everybody wrong about our run game :thumb: GO OWLS!!!!

With 2 for around 100 yards and 2 TDs in the last few minutes. He can make plays with his feet, get loose and flick it down field. Owls went up 2 scores and the game is supposed to be over, but DC came right back, twice. SC pounded the rock just like they are supposed to do limit Poteete's opportunities.

Great game. Great setting. Puts SC in the catbird seat in the district with the York loss in Cannon Co.

GO BIG OWLS!!!!

DeKalb offense looked a little shaky in the first half, several dropped balls and a couple slightly overthrown passes that could have went the distance for scores. Just looked like their timing was off a little in the first half, then got things rolling a little more smoothly in the 2nd half. Yes DeKalb was without their #1 wide receiver Abram Edwards, and Travon Johnson is battling through that knee injury that is slowing him down a bit. But no excuses injuries are a part of football you deal with them the best you can.

Smith Co. also had a couple slightly overthrown balls that if completed could have went the distance for scores, and their running back got tripped up or slipped at the last second when he was about to break a long run.

The game could very easily have been a 42-35 final score or even more.

Nevertheless, it was an entertaining game. Congrats to Smith Co.. DeKalb did what they always do. Never a dull moment, they keep it interesting all the way to the end.