Dekalb Co. and Smith Co.

slam12

DeKalb offense looked a little shaky in the first half, several dropped balls and a couple slightly overthrown passes that could have went the distance for scores. Just looked like their timing was off a little in the first half, then got things rolling a little more smoothly in the 2nd half. Yes DeKalb was without their #1 wide receiver Abram Edwards, and Travon Johnson is battling through that knee injury that is slowing him down a bit. But no excuses injuries are a part of football you deal with them the best you can.

Smith Co. also had a couple slightly overthrown balls that if completed could have went the distance for scores, and their running back got tripped up or slipped at the last second when he was about to break a long run.

The game could very easily have been a 42-35 final score or even more.

Nevertheless, it was an entertaining game. Congrats to Smith Co.. DeKalb did what they always do. Never a dull moment, they keep it interesting all the way to the end.

I was impressed with Poteete's composure...the kid can play. He did not do much on the ground as he has in several games. He can find the open receiver if given time.

SC also lost their probable starting tailback...and their all state tackle before the season. Both would have a big impact in this game also.

What can be said of Jose's effort? He made some great runs for 1st downs especially in the 2nd half with the game on the line.

SC needed this game after last week's debacle. Big win in the district.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Owls. Ya'll put last week behind you and showed what SC pride is about. Good throws#7, good catches #18, #5, #38, and #45. #13, that's the way to run. Many,many yards after contact. #25, #44, #50 #51, #69 , #72, #76. Good job giving #7 a little time to make the throws and making some holes for #13 and #4.

D-line #25, #76, #72, #50 held your ground and cut down Poteete's running/scrambling. #51, #45, #44, #3, #30,#7,#2, #1, #5. No yards after catches to speak of, and good coverage. Two late long throws was the only hiccups. #91 good kicks, thought the long FG was good for a minute. Good distance. IMO #69, #30, #50, #3,#18, #13, picked it up a notch tonight.

Looks like the call to play at TTU was the right call. The field condition didn't factor in the outcome of the game. I hate the DC folks missed the trip to The Hole.

Man, Poteete makes things happen. Exciting kid to watch. He never gives up on a play. Glad this one is behind us. DC not having #1 hurt probably them. Hope he gets back soon. Good luck the rest of the way. I don't remember seeing DC this excited about football...and most I talked to were classy folks.

This is the kind of game Silva needed.

I've said since the beginning of the year that I liked the way he ran the ball.

I think this shows that SC is getting better.

As far as Dekalb goes, I would love to see their defensive problems get worked out.

I know a lot of the kids on that team, and I have seen them play a lot of football, and I know they can do it.

So, IMO, it has to be the scheme that's the problem.

Croz, I would like to see DC get their defensive problems worked out also. I have said all along if DeKalb had a stout D to go along with that offense, they could be a very very very dangerous team. Gave up 292 yards rushing last night. dry.gif

Weekly interview with Tiger head coach Steve Trapp and current players. Interview conducted by WJLE Radio prior to friday's game with Smith County.

Click on link below for audio clip (Tiger Talk 9-18-09)

http://www.wjle.com/audioarchives

Thats interesting about the 1 kid who has a wife and kid...how old is he? He sounded 15 :rolleyes: . They said he had an older brother on the team too?

Weekly interview with Tiger head coach Steve Trapp and current players. Interview conducted by WJLE Radio prior to friday's game with Smith County.

Click on link below for audio clip (Tiger Talk 9-18-09)

http://www.wjle.com/audioarchives

Smithville Review article on DeKalb/Smith game.

Click on link below to view.

http://www.smithvillereview.com/main.as ... cleID=2174