District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

WOW both regular season games between Cully and SF the winner had 40 points or less....Fridays game was very physical. There were 4 extra jersey numbers used due to bloody players, and 3 stoppages of play to clean up the bloody floor...chippy game all around. There was plenty of pushing and cheap shots during the game. The situation afterwords was probably a result of the high excitement and emotions,but when things calmed down it was ok. Looking forward to round 3!(offense,defense,physical, not physical) it will be a great game to watch.

Keeping up with the tradition of adding something at the end of the post...

Did I see coach Slatton actually shake the opposing teams hands?!?!?!? must be because they won and he felt good...too bad he couldnt act with class in a loss.

assuming there is a round 3...

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand culleoka lost ALOT of talent from last year...but honestly i think the rest of the district is in for a suprise this year....go ahead and overlook culleoka this year...this may not be a team thats competing for the region but please believe this is culleokas district to win or lose...with riley walton leading the way and the other seniors bringing all the leadership this team will be very tough to beat in the district...look for the 3 ball to fly this year...GO WARRIORS :flower:

where you at this year?

CA beat Cully 48-31

Game was closer than the score indicates. It was a 7 point game before the free throws at the end. Mathew Williams makes that team. Without him they would be HURTING.

Why did SF get so upset about the CA student section? Looked more like a joke than anything. Only the front 2 rows were high school, the rest looked to be about 8 years old.

CA beat Cully 48-31

The refs were very touchy at times especially early in the game.

Neither team shot that great. A lot of missed shots from inside and out, bricks, and air balls. Wasn't a sloppy game but game that scoring was hard to come by early.

After watching all teams in the district play at least once CA, MTP, and Richland will be at the top as they are now. Culleoka will fall in behind them. SF and Hampshire fight it out for 5th and 6th place. Cornersville will be at the bottom. I will say this for Culleoka... they don't have the best players and they don't score a ton but they execute their offense better than any other teams and the players are more fundamental. That comes from good coaching. People may not like Slatton because of his cockiness and actions but the man can coach. Maybe not shooting though just because so many of his players have ugly shots. I think CA has the most talent, MTP has the most athleticism, and Richland is the deepest team. The second half of the district schedule should be fun and interesting to watch! Good luck to all teams!

CA beat Cully 48-31

Game was closer than the score indicates. It was a 7 point game before the free throws at the end. Mathew Williams makes that team. Without him they would be HURTING.

Why did SF get so upset about the CA student section? Looked more like a joke than anything. Only the front 2 rows were high school, the rest looked to be about 8 years old.

It was a 10 or 11 point game before the free throws. Most of the 4th Culleoka was down by around 10. Culleoka did make a run to cut it to 7 but CA pulled away again. Williams is the most important player for CA but don't take anything away from Richardson twin # 25. He played very well tonight and has for most of the season. Him and his brother has done a very good job this year rebounding and defense. # 25 has been very important to the offense side also.

I think Upshaw is the most important player on Culleoka's team but has several players to go around him that are very helpful. I know Upshaw didn't play his best and it hurt. He will get it back going again tomorrow night I'm sure.

CA student section didn't have a theme tonight but they do a lot of things fun for the students and keep them in the game. Nothing is pointed toward the other team. CA and Culleoka have the best student sections in the district in my opinion.

CA beat Cully 48-31

The refs were very touchy at times especially early in the game.

Neither team shot that great. A lot of missed shots from inside and out, bricks, and air balls. Wasn't a sloppy game but game that scoring was hard to come by early.

After watching all teams in the district play at least once CA, MTP, and Richland will be at the top as they are now. Culleoka will fall in behind them. SF and Hampshire fight it out for 5th and 6th place. Cornersville will be at the bottom. I will say this for Culleoka... they don't have the best players and they don't score a ton but they execute their offense better than any other teams and the players are more fundamental. That comes from good coaching. People may not like Slatton because of his cockiness and actions but the man can coach. Maybe not shooting though just because so many of his players have ugly shots. I think CA has the most talent, MTP has the most athleticism, and Richland is the deepest team. The second half of the district schedule should be fun and interesting to watch! Good luck to all teams!

Do you know what Slatton was T'd up for? He wasn't even directing anything toward the ref that I could see. BTW I will get that e-mail address to you here shortly. :flower:

Slatton was T'd up for complaining about the refs. He was turned toward his assistant coach and I heard him tell one of the other refs he was talking to his assistant coach. He might have been but I guess the ref over heard him and took it personal.

lol... email adress... I gotcha!

CA student section didn't have a theme tonight but they do a lot of things fun for the students and keep them in the game. Nothing is pointed toward the other team. CA and Culleoka have the best student sections in the district in my opinion.

you sure about that?

lol... well maybe some things are directed toward the other team and their fans but nothing tonight.

you sure about that?

lol... well maybe some things are directed toward the other team and their fans but nothing tonight.

okay, whether they know it or not a lot of it is directed towards the other teams...most of which came from the seniors my freshman year ( i guess class of 05) not sure if they made em up, or got em from classes before. and im sure we added some, and they've probably added some this year.

but like i said to the santafe dude, other schools do it to...we had several times when we traveled to other games and there whole (usually not very big) student section would be wearing ties and kakis and what not.

01/19/2010 Games

Bold = Home Team

MTP over SF 7+

SF needs a win in the worse way. MTP schedule gets a lot tougher with 4 of their last 5 district games being on the road. If MTP has any hopes of staying at the top of the district then they need to win on the road starting tonight at SF. SF needs to protect their home court. I'm going to say it is going to be a typical game for SF as of late... they have the lead or keep it close until around the mid way point of the 4th but then finds a way to lose the game as MTP does what they done against CA... stay the course.

Culloeka over Hampshire 12+

Hampshire is like SF... in desperate need of a district win. Culleoka needs to get their shots back because I don't believe they shot as well as they could against CA. There is not a better place to find your shot than at home. Hampshire is a very confusing team. One night they play like world beaters then the next night they no show. Time is running out for Hampshire to start moving up in the district standings. Cullueka executes the offense and is fundamental... too much for Hampshire to handle.

CA over Richland -6

I think this game comes down to who stays out of foul trouble, makes hustle plays such as rebounding, grabs loose balls, deflections, etc... Knocking down free throws will also be key throughout the game. CA post players will need to be consistent and play solid defense against Edwards and the other Richland post players. CA guards will need to stay under control and no stupid turnovers. Williams will be faced guarded for most of the night by Newton so CA's coach will have to find ways to get Williams free. Richland likes to get up and down the court and sometimes that plays into CA strengths but it also can hurt CA at times when a few of the guards has their heads some where else and are turning the ball over. Richland has been playing well lately and for the most part all year. With the home court advantage I have to go with CA in this one. It should be an exciting game.