District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

Anyone have information on the other games? We will hear about Culleoka/Santa Fe on here for the next 2 days until Culleoka plays CA. Richland won by 10. Was it close the whole game or did Cornersville post a last quarter run? How about Mt. Pleasant and Hampshire? Is the cream starting to rise in the District standings with Richland, CA, and Mt. Pleasant?

suprisingly there isnt much talk about it...for some reason theres not many culleoka fans this year...like wheres ds, and cullyrep, and all them this year...did they jump ship when all the talent left? (when i say the talent, i mean the state runs every year)

I don't know where those guys have been. Haven't seen either one at many of the games. Probably because of work if I had to guess.

Something that happened last night that nobody has mentioned was the "situation" between Best and Pilkington after the game when the players were going in the locker room. The 2 played each other pretty tough the whole game and it boiled over when Best got in Pilkington's ear and said a few choice words as they were entering the locker room. Luckly for the boys, Slatton got between them and seperated them.

I would like to give some props to Josh Goldman on the good game he played off the bench last night. He grabbed alot of rebounds and had 7 or 8 points. He was pretty sick and probably shouldn't have even dressed out. After the game, they had to pretty much carry him out of the gym. Not only did he play well, but he showed alot of heart as well. Hats off to him.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't it Tyler instead of Best that was getting into Pilkington's face during the game last night.

I think it was a combination of the 2 during the game. I know it was Best that run his mouth after.

Well considering the fact that pilkington said something while best was in front of him, so best lost his temper. It's a huge rivalry gm so I dnt see where you get this was a horrible gm. Both teams played great d and there was alot of contact. Sf led the whole way and cully got it done in the last min. That situation after the gm was unfortunate for both players as they both might serve a 1 gm suspension.

Wasn't it Tyler instead of Best that was getting into Pilkington's face during the game last night.

I think it was a combination of the 2 during the game. I know it was Best that run his mouth after.

Well considering the fact that pilkington said something while best was in front of him, so best lost his temper. It's a huge rivalry gm so I dnt see where you get this was a horrible gm. Both teams played great d and there was alot of contact. Sf led the whole way and cully got it done in the last min. That situation after the gm was unfortunate for both players as they both might serve a 1 gm suspension.

Good game to watch maybe. As far as being a good BASKETBALL game it was not. Both teams shot about 30% and had way to many turn overs. Where you getting SF was ahead the whole game? Cully was up by 1 at halftime?

I was standing close to where it happened and Ryan didn't say a word to Best. The only person he said anything to was his girl friend who is a cheerleader. I can't see them getting any sort of suspension.

Pretty good gm. But yes cully did make s basket to go up but sf led most of the gm and at the end it was back and fourth. Best player on the court Sam gairret fouled out with 3 min left. He did say something but reason their may be a suspension because coaches and ads athletic director got involved but if no suspensions then maybe extra laps after prac. But cully you move on to ca and sf has mtp at home...

Pretty good gm. But yes cully did make s basket to go up but sf led most of the gm and at the end it was back and fourth. Best player on the court Sam gairret fouled out with 3 min left. He did say something but reason their may be a suspension because coaches and ads athletic director got involved but if no suspensions then maybe extra laps after prac. But cully you move on to ca and sf has mtp at home...

Does Gairrett foul out of every game?

Does Gairrett foul out of every game?

Gosh dang yes, well just about. Him and Tyler always get into foul trouble early and that's what's hurting SF, some calls on Gairrett come from a blind ref. lol I had to say it, I know I'll hear from some on that one but it's true a bad call is a bad call. I don't care what team it's on, but that doesn't mean they should get frustrated by the ref and stay stuck on that call. Move on and play ball.

why don't yall go ahead and break yalls large dry spell and beat mtp...

WOW both regular season games between Cully and SF the winner had 40 points or less....Fridays game was very physical. There were 4 extra jersey numbers used due to bloody players, and 3 stoppages of play to clean up the bloody floor...chippy game all around. There was plenty of pushing and cheap shots during the game. The situation afterwords was probably a result of the high excitement and emotions,but when things calmed down it was ok. Looking forward to round 3!(offense,defense,physical, not physical) it will be a great game to watch.

Keeping up with the tradition of adding something at the end of the post...

Did I see coach Slatton actually shake the opposing teams hands?!?!?!? must be because they won and he felt good...too bad he couldnt act with class in a loss.

Did I see coach Slatton actually shake the opposing teams hands?!?!?!? must be because they won and he felt good...too bad he couldnt act with class in a loss.

He ALWAYS shakes the other coach's hand. If he shakes the player's hands, it is usually after a hard fought game. He may act like an idiot sometimes but almost always shows the other team respect after the game.