District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow I,m totally surprised you don,t work for some sports network. You seem to see only what you what to see. Ryan Pilkington is a class act and so is Josh Goldman. CA shot 28 foul shots Cully shot 2 in the first period: I,m no genius but I can tell thats one sided calling by the Refs!!

im sorry....not one person has complained about it being "one sided" but then, not one but 2 people say that one of the players was out of control, and has a bad attitude...im guessing i know where those fouls came from...

and calling something like it is, is NOT having no school spirit, but just calling it like it is...I don't see anything wrong with him saying that he has a big head, or whatever if its happening on the court...i would have a problem with him calling him out on something outside of the court.

Exactly, Willie you shouldn't have to apologize, he's a good ball player but needs some self respect for himself and act with class. He's representing a good ball club and needs to be reminded that.

Thanks but I was out of line. I shouldn't have done that.

CA 53

Richland 45

This game was officiated very poorly on both sides. A lot of no calls and questionable calls.

Both teams had several turnovers. CA had a stretch where it seemed like they turned it over every trip. CA rebounded well and played good defense.

Scoring for CA was balanced. Robertson # 3 and Johnson came off the bench to play some big minutes and to provide some much needed scoring.

Newton from Richland scored 28. He played very well.

Any other scores from around the district?

congrats to CA. they need to beat mt. p to truly be the best in the district though. (in my opinion)

District Standings as of 01/19/2010

MTP - 11-3 (6-1)

CA - 13-4 (6-1)

Richland - 14-4 (6-2)

Culleoka - 13-6 (3-4)

Santa Fe - 8-9 (3-5)

Hampshire - 7-13 (1-7)

Cornersville - 6-10 (0-)

I am going off the schedules so something may not be correct. If so someone please correct. There is no score posted for the Jan 5th Cornersville/Culleoka game.

I want to apologize to Pilkington, Goldman, their parents, the Culleoka team, fans and school. That was out of character for me and I have no business calling out individual players in a negative manner. No parent likes to see their child talked about in a negative way and I will be the first to admit that I am a parent that feels the same way. I regret what I have posted and I will only focus on the positive side of players from this point forward.

As far as having issues with tall skinny players that is not the case at all. I let the emotions of last nights game get the best of me and I made a mistake. I didn't mean anything by my post on a personal level but instead I only spoke of the play. That is still no excuse and I used poor judgement by doing so. I'm human and I do make mistakes. Both are good players and I'm sure better kids. Again I apologize.

I did not bash Demario or the twins in the past.

Good luck to both players and the Culleoka basketball team this season.

After reading today’s Columbia Daily Herald and seeing the picture of the Culleoka/Hampshire game I realize that I have made a mistake. I got # 3 Goldman confused with another Culleoka player. Goldman's name should have never been mentioned by me. Regardless of the mix up this does not make my comments about any Culleoka player acceptable. I am extremely sorry for this.

To the readers on this thread this is my last comment on this issue. I just wanted to clarify this one matter. I will move forward from here.

After reading today’s Columbia Daily Herald and seeing the picture of the Culleoka/Hampshire game I realize that I have made a mistake. I got # 3 Goldman confused with another Culleoka player. Goldman's name should have never been mentioned by me. Regardless of the mix up this does not make my comments about any Culleoka player acceptable. I am extremely sorry for this.

To the readers on this thread this is my last comment on this issue. I just wanted to clarify this one matter. I will move forward from here.

ill change it, whats the opinion on who will be the regular season champ? and who will win the tourney?

ill change it, whats the opinion on who will be the regular season champ? and who will win the tourney?

I think CA wins the season and the # 1 seed into the tournament. CA must take care of business against MTP at home and SF and Culleoka on the road. Those games will all be tough for CA in my opinion. One slip up and the season championship will go to MTP.

The tournament champion could be a toss up between CA, MTP, Richland, and Culleoka. The team between those 4 that gets hot and that does the best job of limiting turnovers, plays solid defense, rebounds, gets 2nd chance points and hustle plays should be at the top in the end. Another factor would have to be which teams are best rested and the healthiest. Silly fouls in the tournament could also be a no no. Also either SF or Hampshire could possibly pull off an upset to squeeze into the top 4 teams for region. I just don't think one them has what it takes to win it all. It should be a fun tournament to watch. The tournament is in Cornersville correct?