who has the best fans.....?????

SuperMatt

Powell thinks Maryville is redneck? You haven't been to Halls or Heritage too often then, and you seem to be the only people in Tennessee that think we are redneck and not stuck up rich kids! You stereotype us because of the flag, hmm...looks like the tradition of intimidation is working! Wasn't it Powell that they had the noose around a colored man's neck painted on one of their walls? Hmm...what does that say about your student body? Both times we broke Alcoa's bleachers it wasn't like we set out to do it, we were jumping and going crazy, we cant help it if they buy cheap stuff! If you went to the William Blount/Maryville basketball game and saw how well we played against them and how poorly they played against us, you'd know who has the greatest fans, cause we got inside the WB player's heads and threw them totally off their game. We yell at the cornerbacks and wide recievers that are close to us on our side of the field and if you ask a WR from Greenville what he thinks of Maryville's fans, well lets just say he thinks we're number one, least thats what he indicated with his middle finger right before he let the ball bounce off his hands and into our cornerbacks! At the Red Bank/Maryville game last year, I got there late, stupidly, and I was all the way up on Lawrence Ave, for those who know the area, and I heard Maryville's student section chanting, it wasn't like I heard them and couldn't understand, no it was distinctive, every single word was clear! We don't need a huge amount of people, we lack in size, but make up in heart and voice projection!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly does "great fans" mean?

When Oak Ridge came up here to Gallatin in '93 and '96 they brought a lot of folks, a ton! But I am confident in saying that they wouldn't today. Why? Because they aren't a real good team now.

So are we talking about the way fans support their team during the high times, low times, or all the time?

Smith County has the best fans...for all teams...not a single game for any team goes by that there aren't plenty of spirited fans representing Smith County there...the fans travel to away games...taking time off from work...taking their entire families to watch the Owls and Lady Owls play...and 99.9% of the time...they behave they way true fans should behave...and the ones that don't...soon find out how they're supposed to behave...

The fans also support the Owls and Lady Owls in other ways... anytime there is a competition...such as the fan ads contest... Smith County fans come through...always have...always will...(so get ready coachT...we'll be seeing you in October...then again in B-Ball season...not to mention that glorious season of Softball!)...

GO OWLS!!! :o

just1np,

How interesting that you would mention Oak Ridge in this thread. And, how presumptuous to assume Oak Ridge has fewer fans "Because they (Oak Ridge) aren't a real good team now."

According to the definition of the word fan (or fanatic): A fan is one who exhibits excessive enthusiasm and intense uncritical devotion.

If one goes by the definition of the word "fan"... I don't know any true "fans". I do know several "fair weather fans" (the fans who only support their team when their team is winning.)

Several threads on coacht concerning Oak Ridge football have made the claim that the Oak Ridge football program is spiraling downward because they no longer have the talent base due to decreasing population. I do not support this claim. But, if this claim is true and there are fewer people in Oak Ridge, I guess this may be the reason why fewer people follow Oak Ridge football.

Hardin County has very loyal fans who travel with them from place to place. I am a former player and I can remember being in Haywood and we had more fans. It was not just Haywood other schools were the same. Hardin County plays before a packed house every week no matter what the weather is or record. The craziest fans I have ever saw was Melrose. :rolleyes: