GP at Gibbs

harley04

I'm with vegas, both these teams are well coached and it will be exciting.GP's opening game with Oneida was'nt that exciting until the 4th when they almost gave it away, I've never been to a OT game that I did'nt get my 5 bucks worth, I heard Gibbs pregame was worth 5 bucks, really not sure what they do but heard it was cool.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with vegas, both these teams are well coached and it will be exciting.GP's opening game with Oneida was'nt that exciting until the 4th when they almost gave it away, I've never been to a OT game that I did'nt get my 5 bucks worth, I heard Gibbs pregame was worth 5 bucks, really not sure what they do but heard it was cool.

Better bring a couple more dollars with you i think it cost 7 to get in now

Nope don't know nothing bout the game. I did hear about the Halls ordeal, gonna get ugly there. I am glad that Conley has gotten the Eagles on the good side of wins. I do like him as a coach. Looking forward to watching the Pre-Game Extravaganza at Randy Carroll Stadium. Just wondering why did it cost $10 to get into the game? Havin fun, watchin paint dry. I'll see ya'll after the primer coat.

I guess I can answer the pregame question for you. The Gibbs seniors decided before the season that they wanted to do something different. When the locker room was under the stands, the team used to come out from under the stands at the 50 yard line. With the new field house, it is not possible so now the team has added the "Pearl" factor by walking through the area behind the stands and coming out of the 2 entrances (ie... through the crowd) with the cheerleaders and meet at the old locker room entrance on field level. Then they enter the field together through the band to the "G" painted in the center of the field. Last week (Grace Christian game), Gibbs had a live American Eagle at the game and a helicopter flyover for the 9/11 moment of silence. When the game finishes (win or lose) they line up and shake hands with the other team and they all come back in front of the stands and sing the alma mater (with the band) before retiring for the night.

Has Gibbs HS Football Team ever beat Gatlinburg Pittman either home or away? They used to be in the same district along with Seymour. GP and Seymour would always fight for first and second and Gibbs would usually come in third ahead of Union Co, Tazewell, Jellico and Powell Valley.

I do not remember Gibbs ever beating GP. If they have someone give us the scores and dates please. It would be a great win if Gibbs could pull it out over them and could really make for a great season. AE, Fulton and Carter are still good teams that the Eagles will be facing in a few weeks. Cosby and Union Co are struggling.

I do not remember Gibbs ever beating GP. If they have someone give us the scores and dates please. It would be a great win if Gibbs could pull it out over them and could really make for a great season. AE, Fulton and Carter are still good teams that the Eagles will be facing in a few weeks. Cosby and Union Co are struggling.

Gibbs has beaten GP twice, if my recollection is correct.

1989-Arguablly the best Gibbs team ever. First region loss ever for GP I believe the final was 20-6

1993- Gibbs blocked an extra point to win 21-20 in the first round of the playoffs. I also think it was in OT.

time for a little more WAR in our Eagles!
What i should have said............remember fans to show good sportsmanship........every kid on the field has worked very hard to be able to play football,sometimes they might make a mistake we should to try and build each other up not tear down!! I am having a hard time with my prediction this week, i am glad we have the ot experience ,if we put 12 in and run the option, gp could be in trouble , Gibbs is a good team with no quit and one that hasn't shown all they can do. I will always say Gibbs by 20.