What does a player have to do to get AP player of

thorough97

I guess someone who rushes for the 2nd highest single game rushing total in Tennessee history isn't good enough to be named the class 5A player of the week? 353 yards on 24 carries and 5 toughdowns isn't good enough then what is???? Just wondering? (The player I'm talking about is Blake Foster of Ooltewah if anyone can't figure it out.) Well I have little respect for an organization who puts a player on an all-state team (an all class team) who doesn't make anyone elses' first or second team in an single class team format. (I'm talking about Josh Hunter, the LB from South-Doyle who made the AP's 2nd team and nobody else's 5A team)

[Edited by thorough97 on 9-16-02 11:15P]

[Edited by thorough97 on 9-17-02 11:48P]

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by WesVols:

Good point...that's crazy. Also, they apparently can't be in Division 2. Either that or the D2 Player of the Week was not posted on the internet. At any rate, I hope they give a Player of the Week award to D2 players. There are some deserving ones.

They do. It'll be in the paper tomorrow. Coach T just revealing his prejudices again. :rolleyes:

Posted by thorough97:

I guess someone who rushes for the 2nd highest single game rushing total in Tennessee history isn't good enough to be named the class 5A player of the week? 353 yards on 24 carries and 5 toughdowns isn't good enough then what is???? Just wondering? (The player I'm talking about is Blake Foster of Ooltewah if anyone can't figure it out.) Well I have little respect for an organization who puts a player on an all-state team (an all class team) who doesn't make anyone elses' first or second team in an single class team format. (I'm talking about the LB from South-Doyle)

I was wondering how Cloudland's Mark Byrd didn't get the 1A POW. 245 yards on 21 carries and two scores in a win over 4A Cherokee.

Oh yeah, he's the QB!

It boils down to who nominates...plain and simple. So area bias carries in most cases.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 9-16-02 11:43P]

Posted by EastTNsportswriter:

I voted in the AP Poll, and I voted Mark Byrd Player of the Week as a matter of fact. I guess what it comes down to is - most votes and what the people in the head office think. Because Byrd had over 300 total offensive yards, and even played good defensively.

The kid from South Pitt did hit the game winning stuff, but Byrd was amazing.

And by the way, NOBODY VOTED FOR A D-2 PLAYER OF THE WEEK! Up here in Upper East Tennessee, we don't have any clue of what the D-2 guys do. I voted for the teams, but none of the D-2 local papers nominated anyone. There were two guys from Halls that got honorable mention. It's not being cut out on this site, it's just that the papers responsible for providing YOUR private school with coverage is not voting anyone. I apologize, feel free to E-MAIL ME, and this includes any of you across the state that feels like a kid deserves at least an Honorable Mention spot after this Friday's game, I will do my best to see that they at least get mentioned. wholtsclaw@starhq.com

Thanks for the help. BTW, the DII players have not been listed in CoachT even when they are nominated. Not your fault, of course.

Posted by KevB1990:
Posted by thorough97:

I guess someone who rushes for the 2nd highest single game rushing total in Tennessee history isn't good enough to be named the class 5A player of the week? 353 yards on 24 carries and 5 toughdowns isn't good enough then what is???? Just wondering? (The player I'm talking about is Blake Foster of Ooltewah if anyone can't figure it out.) Well I have little respect for an organization who puts a player on an all-state team (an all class team) who doesn't make anyone elses' first or second team in an single class team format. (I'm talking about the LB from South-Doyle)

I was wondering how Cloudland's Mark Byrd didn't get the 1A POW. 245 yards on 21 carries and two scores in a win over 4A Cherokee.

Oh yeah, he's the QB!

It boils down to who nominates...plain and simple. So area bias carries in most cases.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 9-16-02 11:43P]

Not to be negative because i know the type of athlete Mark Byrd is, but what where his passing stats since hes the QB?

umm...well maybe they look at the team they are playing and how big of a game it is. If you're playing Heritage High School and you do that well its not a huge accomplishment, but if you're playing Riverdale, or another top 5A school, and you get that then its something truely special. No telling what else they take into consideration!

whp else would you vote for eastTNsportswriter. huh really if you would ever come off that mountain you guys live on then you would see there's other football teams out there, that put up better stats. it don't matter though for all you imature people on here. my team does this or my players do that. start recognizing other teams and you might get a little respect with your posts.