BARTLETT 0-3 @ ARLINGTON 4-0

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

Can Bartlett go into Arlington and get there first victory of the season against a tough team in Arlington @ Arlington? I don't know what to expect from this game . Bartlett has played 3 tough teams as in Brighton, Millington, Houston and should be 2 and 1 right now they had the game won against Brighton and just lost on a fumble . Willie Matthews had a heck of a game against Houston rushing for 311 yards and had 2 touchdowns called back due to penaltys. Like i said don't know what to expect . Arlington has had wins against Overton, Frayser, R. Egypt and a huge win at Collierville last week 41-38. I really think Bartlett needs a new kicker , hope they won't go for 2 every time they score.

Here are my keys for Bartlett

Be ready to play good d against Arlington's spread with Adam Poole.

Penaltys keep them down they have hurt you the past few weeks.

Keep arlington's o off the field.

Win the turnover department. Most important Field Position.

Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do we really know about Arlington? We know the first three games could have been won by anyone just as bad so that takes me to Collierville. Is collierville any good? they were beat by Gtown which is not a very good football team and i think Arlington beat Gtown in the Jamboree. So should we expect Arlington to beat Collierville also. I just don't know. They have been bad the last few years so how great could they be this year. can you go from bad to great in one year, i dont think it is possible, i think we will have ti wait to find out if Arlington is what some think they are.

The only thing I know is that Raleigh Egypt led Arlington in the 2nd half 24-23 before Arlington scored the last 27 points of the game. You can say that Arlington did win the game but Raleigh Egypt is not a very good football team and if you are trailing them in the 2nd half, then you have some problems that will show up when you play a much better team down the road.

I think the same game plan should be in place as the Brighton game minus the fumbles. Be physical with them both on offense and defense. Jam their receivers and don't let them get off the line. Ball control and score-BOTH! Can't just control the ball, drive down the field and not get any points. You won't be able to win that way.

I see most of the post are from Bartlett supporters which helps me understand your anxiety in getting that first win. Sorry though, it wont come this week. I am a neutral fan and Arlington is extremely proficient in what they do. The staff at Arlington implemented the Tony Franklin system which means their offense is their best D. They will outscore most opposition, and with Bartlett corners ten yards off the ball it will be fairley easy.

If Bartletts ground attack can milk the clock ( and they have the RB to do it) they can keep it close. The panthers could have beat Houston had the qb hit the open RB down the sideline in the final seconds. The qb and kicker position need to be revisited, in the end ( Bartlett 12- Arlington 42).

I know Bartlett fans let hope the swame is wrong! :roflol:

In the interest of full disclsoure, I am a Tiger fan. To answer the original question, Bartlett can go in and win because this is high school football and anything can happen. I think the wet track (I know they both have to play on the same field) could help Bartlett to slow the Tiger passing attack.

Arlington is much improved and while they have not played a particularly difficult schedule, this was done on purpose. The team was coming of a horrible 1-9 season and had 20 starters back. This group of seniors has won at every level from 7th grade up. Factor in that they installed an complete new offense (Tony Frankin spread) in the spring, they have good depth (no one plays both ways) and the schedule was set up to allow them to "grow" into the system, it does not surprise me that they are 4-0 or that they are not getting much respect yet.

I think if Arlington can stop the run, it will be a long night for Bartlett. Matthews is a heck of a back and he and the Bartlett O can control the clock and keep the Tiger O on the sideline. In my opinion, that is the best defense Bartlett can have. If Matthews goes off, Bartlett could certainly win the game.

I believe it will come down to turnovers and field position. The Arlington D has been much better than last year. Raleigh Egypt did score 24 and actually lead in the 3rd Q against the Tigers. Our QB had his worst game to date with 3 picks (also threw 3 TDs) 2 of which were returned inside the Tiger 10, so RE had a very short field. If the Tigers do not turn the ball over, they will be hard to handle.

Can anyone explain why Millington fans make it a point to seek out and insult Arlington. I'm not sure why, but it seems to be a recurring trend on these message boards. Go ahead, keep insulting them and hopefully you'll get what's coming to you in Week 10.

Cam, you said Arlington has been bad the last few years. How did you come up with that? Last year, they were 1-9, sure, but the year before was their first year at the varsity level and they finished 7-4. How many teams make the playoffs in their first year of eligibility?

First of all, we all know anything can happen on Friday night. Maybe Arlington comes out flat and Bartlett fires on all cylinders...maybe vice versa. I'm gonna stop trying to convince people that Arlington is a good program. I thought the Collierville game would make believers out of some, but now the question is how good is Collierville. It was brought up that Germantown is not very good, but they currently sit in the #7 slot of the dandy dozen. I realize this does not indicate how good they are, but if you are in the dandy dozen, you have got to be at least decent. I think the result of that one quarter Arlington played Gtown was 14-7. On paper, Bartlett doesn't stand a chance. But the games aren't played on paper.....they're played inside television sets. :mrgreen: Now onto some game input. I think the only way the rain plays a part is if it is a downpour. While Arlington throws the ball alot, it is mainly short passes. Their WR's aren't the type that rely on speed and shifty moves to do what they do. They are a ball control, march down the field type defense. I guarantee if Bartlett gives a big cushion to the receivers, it will be a long game for them. I stick by my opinion of Arlington taking this one by 21.

I agree that anyone can beat anyone on any given friday night. I also like the fact that we are still not getting any respect. Bartlett is a good team with a heckuva running back. They do not do a lot of things offensively, but they have a stud so why not just give him the ball. The rain plays right into their hands although we are still going to run our offense. They may come out there and beat our brains in because it is a rivalry game. Bartlett will be up for this game. Their record doesn't mean anything to us. We will be ready to play as well. I believe it was Rob M or Mark H or one of those Millington guys who said after the jamboree that we would be staring 2-8 or 3-7 in the face. Well we aren't going to be one of those are we? We also aren't gonna be 1-9 again so there has been tremendous improvement. I understand we aren't getting any respect because we are not an established program and frankly I don't really care because it is earned out there on that field and we haven't been around long enough yet, but I feel we have a good team over here in Arlington. I will give my opinions of the game later on tonight and I assure you I will not make excuses if we come up short.