Farragut @ Riverdale

warhawks

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game. I hope Farragut's website will have a game replay on their site by monday. I guess I'll just have to listen to this one on the internet.

Will be interesting to see how Farragut starts out the game. They have started out every game slow so far, but seem to play well in the second half. Hopefully Farragut will not take Riverdale lightly. I don't know why they would, but sometimes you never know. I think in the paper Farragut's rb said, about the Knox West game this past Friday, "Earlier in the week, when we first started practicing, we were just loafing around and thought it was going to be easy."... Of course, West is a different team than Riverdale, let's hope Farragut doesn't come into this one with the same mentality. Maybe the close call at West changed their attitude.?

This will be a big game to see if this team is a State Championship with Farragut. The last 4 state champs have come in this region with Riverdale ( Oakland, Syrma, Syrma, and Riverdale) with Riverdale as the state runnerup it two (02,03 and state champs 97,01,04). Going to very interesting to see how Farragut can handle it. Riverdale comimg off a big win against Oakland in overtime this past friday night.

Farragut will have Heritage after this and then the big region games with Bearden first and then Maryville.

I feel like the boys(warriors) know this game is a big one.It's also homecoming week.The team doesn't have any major injuries that I am aware of at this time.I know Farragut has good speed at the wideout position, but I don't feel like they can stop the wing-t simply because nobody runs it as good as Riverdale is running it right now.

I feel like the boys(warriors) know this game is a big one.It's also homecoming week.The team doesn't have any major injuries that I am aware of at this time.I know Farragut has good speed at the wideout position, but I don't feel like they can stop the wing-t simply because nobody runs it as good as Riverdale is running it right now.

I've heard that Aydelott has been throwing the ball this year. If that is the case, I'm not really surprised that they pulled the upset against Oakland. Aydelott runs the Wing-T as good as anyone, but his only flaw has been he NEVER wanted to have to pass, despite having pass plays. In my opinion, it cost him two state championships at HHS. However, if he has finally decided to incorporate that into his offensive philosophy: WATCH OUT!

Admirals will have to play at a MUCH higher level this week to win against Riverdale. Farragut struggled big time against West, a team they should have dominated. I believe Farragut has the talent to stay with Riverdale and even beat them, but it will be tough. Farragut will have to start the game much better than they have been starting games. They will also have to be much better in the passing game than they have been. Reese Browning, our all-state QB from last year has been struggling a bit this year. We will need to be very sharp offensively (and that is where we have the most talent) because in order for Farragut to win, I believe we will need to outscore Riverdale. I believe our defense is a little undersized and suspect.

Admirals will have to play at a MUCH higher level this week to win against Riverdale. Farragut struggled big time against West, a team they should have dominated. I believe Farragut has the talent to stay with Riverdale and even beat them, but it will be tough. Farragut will have to start the game much better than they have been starting games. They will also have to be much better in the passing game than they have been. Reese Browning, our all-state QB from last year has been struggling a bit this year. We will need to be very sharp offensively (and that is where we have the most talent) because in order for Farragut to win, I believe we will need to outscore Riverdale. I believe our defense is a little undersized and suspect.

I'm not sure the sportswriters in the state agree with your assessment. Farragut is pretty much the concensus #1 pick. I expect that Riverdale will move into the top ten after their win over Oakland. Nothing like a cool top ten matchup this time of year. Should be a great atmosphere.

All-state QB...not sure I like the sound of that. Should be a real test for the pass defense.

I don't think you can call a defense suspect that's giving up less than 10 points a game. Since Riverdale runs the wing-t their offense will be run oriented. IF Farragut has a question about it's defense it's in the secondary.

Look who they have played a DB that hasn't won a game all year, OR not that great , Catholic and they should have won that game and along with the West game. Farragut is not a number one team and this friday will show. If it wasn't for the Purty kid Farragut would be in trouble this. Defense really not that great and not very phyical.