Huntindon @ Camden

mustangs5305

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the thing about football. i don't care if you are a swenson fan or a ward fan. its not about how predictable you are, its about how effective you are. example given. bruceton in the 90's thru say 2002. i gurantee the first play called was I formation 46 power and the second was I formation 45 power. and it worked... regardless of your feelings about huntingdon, they have been effective. the offense has put points on the board.camden wont stop that.the lions are newcomers to this. they don't know what it takes to establish a winning tradition. kinda like the tampa bay devil rays.. a fluke ... go stangs

SweetDKDaddy...if you'd had stopped after saying "it's about how effective you are"...most would've thought..."hey..here's a guy that knows something!" However, as you kept typing...you quickly went from wise...to fool!! Let me quote here..."the lions are newcomers to this. they don't know what it takes to establish a winning tradition".....apparently...you aren't the only ones who thinks this way....although...you are the only one foolish enough to admit it on this thread!

Here are the facts...yes...over the years Huntingdon has been a pretty good football program....they've experienced some success..especially in '03 and "04....BUT...since 2004.....Huntingdon has played in 13 playoff games and Camden has played in 12...so this idea that Huntingdon looms over Camden is laughable! Now..exactly what do you think this has to do with anything regarding Friday nights game? No Mustang dressed out this Friday was dressed out on the '03 or '04 team....nor do you even have the same coaching staff in place....now....I agree that most feel that this coaching staff is much better...but the point is....you CAN NOT say that the Lions are newcomers to this! So if you refer to Camden as a fluke...they've been one now for 6 years!You might want to say they are "returners" to success much like another team you are familar with...Huntingdon!! Oh how short some memories are!..luckily...last year's Region was cupcake city or the Stangs would have stayed home again in November! The only descent team in it was ....Oh yeah..Camden..who beat the Stangs 38-7!

Secondly, Mustangs can beat their chest all they want about playing Milan...FACT is...due to Milan's new district alignment, the schedule did not allow for the annual Camden/Milan game...i assume this is what some are referring to when they say that Huntingdon has played a much tougher schedule. Just cause most West TN teams do not play those in Camden's region...does not mean that Camden's schedule is easy...well...besides Bruceton whom you both play. Creekwood..Camden's week 10 showdown should be in this week's AP Top 10 at 4-1...and I can assure you that they are better than 9 of the 10 teams in 1A poll and 7 of the 10 teams in the 2A poll. So be cautious about making blanket statements out of biase and favoritism with no facts to stand on. It only makes you more of a homer...and a foolish one at that!

here is the thing about football. i don't care if you are a swenson fan or a ward fan. its not about how predictable you are, its about how effective you are. example given. bruceton in the 90's thru say 2002. i gurantee the first play called was I formation 46 power and the second was I formation 45 power. and it worked... regardless of your feelings about huntingdon, they have been effective. the offense has put points on the board.camden wont stop that.the lions are newcomers to this. they don't know what it takes to establish a winning tradition. kinda like the tampa bay devil rays.. a fluke ... go stangs

SweetDKDaddy...if you'd had stopped after saying "it's about how effective you are"...most would've thought..."hey..here's a guy that knows something!" However, as you kept typing...you quickly went from wise...to fool!! Let me quote here..."the lions are newcomers to this. they don't know what it takes to establish a winning tradition".....apparently...you aren't the only ones who thinks this way....although...you are the only one foolish enough to admit it on this thread!

Here are the facts...yes...over the years Huntingdon has been a pretty good football program....they've experienced some success..especially in '03 and "04....BUT...since 2004.....Huntingdon has played in 13 playoff games and Camden has played in 12...so this idea that Huntingdon looms over Camden is laughable! Now..exactly what do you think this has to do with anything regarding Friday nights game? No Mustang dressed out this Friday was dressed out on the '03 or '04 team....nor do you even have the same coaching staff in place....now....I agree that most feel that this coaching staff is much better...but the point is....you CAN NOT say that the Lions are newcomers to this! So if you refer to Camden as a fluke...they've been one now for 6 years!You might want to say they are "returners" to success much like another team you are familar with...Huntingdon!! Oh how short some memories are!..luckily...last year's Region was cupcake city or the Stangs would have stayed home again in November! The only descent team in it was ....Oh yeah..Camden..who beat the Stangs 38-7!

Secondly, Mustangs can beat their chest all they want about playing Milan...FACT is...due to Milan's new district alignment, the schedule did not allow for the annual Camden/Milan game...i assume this is what some are referring to when they say that Huntingdon has played a much tougher schedule. Just cause most West TN teams do not play those in Camden's region...does not mean that Camden's schedule is easy...well...besides Bruceton whom you both play. Creekwood..Camden's week 10 showdown should be in this week's AP Top 10 at 4-1...and I can assure you that they are better than 9 of the 10 teams in 1A poll and 7 of the 10 teams in the 2A poll. So be cautious about making blanket statements out of biase and favoritism with no facts to stand on. It only makes you more of a homer...and a foolish one at that!

Advisor, I couldn't agree with you more! It is amazing how short the memories are of most high school football fans and it seems to be magnified after a team has been successful in the playoffs..much like Huntingdon. However, what's even more obsurd is the fact that Camden put an absolute smack down on the Mustangs last year and no one other than you has mentioned it. Is Huntingdon that much better than last year? Is Camden progressively worse? I don't think either is true. I have a couple of friends that coach at Camden and I was at last year's Camden/Huntingdon game. It was a beating to say the least. My advice to Huntingdon would be to keep the noise on here to a minimum and buckle the chin strap tight. It's gonna get rough Friday night.

Camden will not stop Holder and Thompson. I dont see that happening. But, if Camden can pass the ball, then Huntingdon will not stop Camden, either. This could end up being a very high scoring game.

:thumb:

Everyone seems to forget that Camden has a pretty good rushing offense itself. The Lions have 6 RBs capable of breaking off huge chunks of yardage anytime they touch the ball, not to mention a QB that's actually the fastest player on the team. Is Huntingdon's D Line that good that the Lions will have to pass all night just to have a chance? If it is, then it is vastly improved compared to last year's line.

I've seen Camden play this year. There not half as good as they was last year. And really all they have is #41 Devon White and #4 Derek Easley. When Camden gets 3rd and long or 3rd and short they give White to get them out of trouble. If Huntingdon stops that they WILL win

If you saw the McKenzie game then you saw a completely different team than you will see tomorrow. Camden had a bunch of young players that needed a game or two under their belts...you'd never know they were young now. If Huntingdon focuses on just those two.... :thumb: Should be a good game...

Advisor.. Easy there fellow. SweetDKDaddy is not a Huntingdon fan and is new on here. By your comments I guess you're not very old to know of Huntingdon. Huntingdon has had success for a long time not just in 2003 and 2004. Huntingdon has a record of 52-12 against Camden over the years and now Camden has a 3 game winning streak against us.

Think about that. HHS had played Camden 61 times and they only managed 9 wins during that time before the current 3 game streak... We have an all time winning record of of 563-274. That puts us at # 12 in the state in all time wins. Not to shabby when you go online and look at our competition.

Now Camden has a very good team this year and and they are at the point where they are to be reckoned with each year. But really and I think most knowledgeable Camden fans would agree that this is the best (last 3 yrs) they have been since the 1965 team with Woodard, Sturdivant and Dulin. Before the current classification I thought Camden would make it to the title game in a few years but now playing in 3-AAA is gonna make it tough for them. So get the facts before you rebute someone.

Huntingdon knows they have a tough game Friday night and with several starters out this week with the flu it may take it's toll... :popcorneater:

mr. mustang..i appreciate the gesture.but these lions fans kinda remind me of a newborn calve. they start walkin around and think they are doin pretty good. walk around sayin "look at me go". then...there is a variable. rain. variable this friday nite... winning tradition and an offense that puts points on the board... so forecast for friday nite: beware newborns... its rain and pain... go stangs

Advisor.. Easy there fellow. SweetDKDaddy is not a Huntingdon fan and is new on here. By your comments I guess you're not very old to know of Huntingdon. Huntingdon has had success for a long time not just in 2003 and 2004. Huntingdon has a record of 52-12 against Camden over the years and now Camden has a 3 game winning streak against us.

Think about that. HHS had played Camden 61 times and they only managed 9 wins during that time before the current 3 game streak... We have an all time winning record of of 563-274. That puts us at # 12 in the state in all time wins. Not to shabby when you go online and look at our competition.

Now Camden has a very good team this year and and they are at the point where they are to be reckoned with each year. But really and I think most knowledgeable Camden fans would agree that this is the best (last 3 yrs) they have been since the 1965 team with Woodard, Sturdivant and Dulin. Before the current classification I thought Camden would make it to the title game in a few years but now playing in 3-AAA is gonna make it tough for them. So get the facts before you rebute someone.

Huntingdon knows they have a tough game Friday night and with several starters out this week with the flu it may take it's toll... :popcorneater:

Mr. Stang, I can tell that you too are a historian of both your local team as well the rest of TN High School football. But, the Advisor is much older than you might expect..and like you, a historian of the game! The point of my earlier post was not to give a century long time line of this rivalry nor to celebrate the championships of past Mustang teams....BUT...to emphasize how arrogant and idiotic a statement that suggusts Camden is somehow "unfamilar" with winning really sounds when it comes to this Friday's game! As it relates to this week's game, if given the choice of 50 year old state titles OR a 3 game win streak...give me the 3 game win streak...it's much more impactful as it relates to this week's game. Like I said earlier...there's not a single Mustang or Lion for that matter who came name one player off those earlier squads that are so highly decorated!...(except maybe Boo Weathers or Chris Donald.) As for YOU indicating in someway that my facts aren't correct....find a line where the Advisor used anything other than true facts! You can't!

The Facts are that most all of Carroll County wants to live in the history of years gone by...and I can promise you...that will do nothing to move the chains in Camden tomorrow night!

Furthermore...for those of us in the know...please spare us the false idea that in someway Huntingdon has played the best of competition that TN has to offer....since the game was invented. Yes, Huntingdon has been a quality program for decades...we all know that and have been there to see them hoist the Gold Ball high....but it also happens to be one of the oldest schools in the state as well. Many communities have built or consalidated schools over the past 50 years...such as in Gibson Co., Williamson Co, Madison Co, and your neighbors to the North. Would you suggest that USJ doesn't have a winning tradition? What about Riverdale? Ever heard of Germantown? All newer schools who have just as good of programs if not better than H'town.

Finally..as in pertains to this week's game...I would be much more concerned with the number of points that the Mustangs have given up this season in lieu of how many all-time wins you have over the Lions! Kevin Ward probably won't be in this current position in Camden very long...as a matter of fact...the Camden community about lost him this past season to another program. He is highly sought after for a reason...he wins, his kids excel in the classroom, and are young men of character. Therefore, the idea that Camden's football program today is somewhat beneath that of Huntingdon is false...it's arrogant...and makes those that much such comments sound like a fool!

Huntin wins by 21. Too much o-line and running backs for camden to contain. Should be a close first half, but after the UC game I predict hunt. will cruise til the semifinals.

Whom might you predict they meet in the semi-finals? Curious to know.

I have no beef in this one though I love the chatter from both sides, two communities proud of thier respective programs. I have shirked my duties to attend this one myself. I have to say my gut says Camden but I expect a great game either way.