Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is heading the way i thought it would. And i hope the players come in with the same arrogance as the fans and parents have. This "I'm better than you because i live in Colonial Heights" mind set is going to allow the streak to continue. I just love how you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment. We are not going to sit back and lose to South. Being 1-4 is going to set the rest of the season in motion. It does'nt matter what happens early it's how you finish. We have nowhere to go but up. This team still has enough players to get the job done. Now, do i think were going to go undefeated and win the state? No. But their are some games on the schedule that are important to us that we won't allow ourselves to lose. And this is one. Science Hill is the other. After all, year in and year out we enter into this game as a favorite to win. Despite the records this year, i feel like we are still the favorite to win. After all, to be the man you have to beat the man(sorry Rick). Just being DB is at least a 10 point favor going into any game in east Tenn. It's fact not arrogance. You can see it in the body language on the opposition. Now, if i were Stacy i would put the hammer down and try to win by 100, after all opportunities like the one he has this year only comes around every 16 years or so.LOL.

Roll Tribe Roll..................

You're right. You are the favorite. You were favored against Clinton, Seveir Co., and Boone, all teams from right here in good ole East Tn. And heck ,it's hard not to know how good you guys are when you play at the Fred. That fancy scoreboard keeps flashing "Dobyns-Bennett Indians: winningest team in Tennessee. I'm sure the Boone fans took notice. They probably hee-hawed all the way back to their square-dance at the Sittin Bull in Gray.

BTW, there's a house for sale next to me out in the Heights. Let me know if you decide to move on up.

No, that's ok. I don't know if i'll meet the section eight qualifications to move into the trailor park. :popcorneater:

You guys already talking about this game? We both have a bye week and this game lost it's Rivalry status years ago, when it stopped being competative. 2 things for you... 1993 & 44-0.

Hey WaCo.. your girlfriend straighten up yet?

And 1 thing for you, 2009, that is the year we are in now. Step into the future Art water is pretty warm. :popcorneater:

Wasn't South suppose to be good when we beat them 44-0? B :popcorneater:

Yeah, i remember they were going to beat us bad that year,and the year before,and so on and so on and so on. Like Waco once said, "Their must be a gas leak in the trailor park tonight". DB 21 South 17. Mark it down. The streak continues.Roll Tribe Roll............. :hungry:

well batman sorry dude i hate to in form u but uall will b lucky to even take a glimpse at the playoffs the rebs has got yall by a long shot and faragut yeah they wil be tough but i think south has probly got one of the best teams in east tn along side TH. DB 7 SS alot sorry to break your heart

These kinds of years are few and far between for the DB.I'm not happy with our record this year,but it's been a great overall ride becoming a Tribe dad.The only other school in east Tennessee that took the field as the #1 team in the largest public school class,has been Farragut over the last couple of years.It's been great going to places like Oak Ridge and all the Knoxville area schools.Having the scrimmage with Maryville every year is pretty neat too.I'm just happy for these seniors to have been a part of a great team last year.Knowing the schedule and the youth on this team,a lot of seniors could have cut and run,but they are out there trying hard to help this program.DB will be back and reign as it has for so long in this part of the state.A Gate city fan was giving me a hard time the other day,saying things like{ send that boy over and win a state championship}.I smiled and said that he would rather be 1 and whatever,but wear the maroon and grey.

well batman sorry dude i hate to in form u but uall will b lucky to even take a glimpse at the playoffs the rebs has got yall by a long shot and faragut yeah they wil be tough but i think south has probly got one of the best teams in east tn along side TH. DB 7 SS alot sorry to break your heart

These kinds of years are few and far between for the DB.I'm not happy with our record this year,but it's been a great overall ride becoming a Tribe dad.The only other school in east Tennessee that took the field as the #1 team in the largest public school class,has been Farragut over the last couple of years.It's been great going to places like Oak Ridge and all the Knoxville area schools.Having the scrimmage with Maryville every year is pretty neat too.I'm just happy for these seniors to have been a part of a great team last year.Knowing the schedule and the youth on this team,a lot of seniors could have cut and run,but they are out there trying hard to help this program.DB will be back and reign as it has for so long in this part of the state.A Gate city fan was giving me a hard time the other day,saying things like{ send that boy over and win a state championship}.I smiled and said that he would rather be 1 and whatever,but wear the maroon and grey.

Gate City? Or be held back and play high school ball as a year older over there in Gate City as it is common practice.

Gate City? Or be held back and play high school ball as a year older over there in Gate City as it is common practice.

Just curious how old your star running back CS is now? :thumb:

Don't worry there will plenty of DB fans there, I can be in South's parking lot and throw a rock down to the city limit sign or for that matter some of them can more than likely walk to South to watch the game. Let's hope South beats them and listen to all the crying on here. DB and Science Hill should win 90% of all there sports with the numbers that they have over all these small schools, but they don't and we love it when they lose, but I do have a bad feeling about this game. I don't care if South beats them or THS, East, Central, Daniel Boone:) anybody besides DB and Science Hill wins I love it. Good luck Cyclones over in NC this weekend

South 28

DB 21

Don't worry there will plenty of DB fans there, I can be in South's parking lot and throw a rock down to the city limit sign or for that matter some of them can more than likely walk to South to watch the game. Let's hope South beats them and listen to all the crying on here. DB and Science Hill should win 90% of all there sports with the numbers that they have over all these small schools, but they don't and we love it when they lose, but I do have a bad feeling about this game. I don't care if South beats them or THS, East, Central, Daniel Boone:) anybody besides DB and Science Hill wins I love it. Good luck Cyclones over in NC this weekend

South 28

DB 21

That small stuff is crap.ALCOA :thumb: They are half the size of these "little"schools.My old school is a lot smaller than most of these teams,but you better come ready to play Greeneville. When I played,You would never hear me"crying" about getting beat by Jeff county because they are so big.By the way,DB and SH do win a lot of games in a lot of sports,that's why they both have so many trophy cases.

South 28

DB 21

That small stuff is crap.ALCOA :thumb: They are half the size of these "little"schools.My old school is a lot smaller than most of these teams,but you better come ready to play Greeneville. When I played,You would never hear me"crying" about getting beat by Jeff county because they are so big.By the way,DB and SH do win a lot of games in a lot of sports,that's why they both have so many trophy cases.

Im usually not one to get into these debates, but it does stand to reason that more students = more athletes = more depth. The depth issue is one big reason smaller schools have a harder time competing. And with the city continually annexing property and students from the south zone, i don't know what the future holds. But nonetheless, it all gets settled on the field on friday nights anyway. Tough to call any conference game or rivalry game. One game does not make a season, im looking for a deep run into the playoffs as my measuring stick for this season. Ill take the boys in blue by a small margin, GO REBS!

South 27

DB 21