Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

Against Boone, South had 7 fumbles losing 2 and 1 int. The other 5 fumbles were drive killers. Also 6 penalties for 53 yards. You could tell the boys were not mentally prepared for the game and I think they somewhat underestimated the blazers. They are a very scrappy bunch that gets after you and good things are going to happen for the blazers. DB is very capable of winning this game and South must be ready to execute and I believe they will. I agree with the other posters we are lacking in the secondary which I am sure coach Clark is well aware of. I think we will see more passing from the Indians than they have done all year long. The Rebs must be ready!! Pressure on Roop will be the key, we have to stay in the backfield. Just my .02.

You don't have a thing to worry about in the secondary. Trust me. Its going to be Sensabaugh up the middle 30 times in a row. Just bring your secondary up because we can't hit the broad side of a barn with the football anyway. You'll see what im talking about when the game gets underway. Take away Sensabaugh, Seabolt, and Steele and our varsity couldn't beat our freshman. With me coaching the freshman.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against Boone, South had 7 fumbles losing 2 and 1 int. The other 5 fumbles were drive killers. Also 6 penalties for 53 yards. You could tell the boys were not mentally prepared for the game and I think they somewhat underestimated the blazers. They are a very scrappy bunch that gets after you and good things are going to happen for the blazers. DB is very capable of winning this game and South must be ready to execute and I believe they will. I agree with the other posters we are lacking in the secondary which I am sure coach Clark is well aware of. I think we will see more passing from the Indians than they have done all year long. The Rebs must be ready!! Pressure on Roop will be the key, we have to stay in the backfield. Just my .02.

Thanks for being straight up there 83. I'll return the favor in all it's brutal honesty.So far, this years D-B team isnt capable of anything except getting a beat down on Friday Oct 2nd. We have no line, our secondary is completely non existent, we have no threat to kick a field goal, we have 1 receiver, and a kid taking punts that has dropped 3 balls, that doesnt play at all except on the punt team. If your QB can throw a 10 yard pass, the receiver can for 12 more because they give a 15 yard cushion on EVERY pass. We have 1 running back struggling to get through the quagmire of bodys, because the line can't open up a hole, and a coach that refuses to use other ways to get him involved. We have 1 receiver that busts his butt to get open, thats it for the passing game. On top of that, we will turn the ball over about 3 times a game,

On the bright side, you should still have a decent gate receipt, and this years band has one of the best half time shows you will ever see.

Thanks for being straight up there 83. I'll return the favor in all it's brutal honesty.So far, this years D-B team isnt capable of anything except getting a beat down on Friday Oct 2nd. We have no line, our secondary is completely non existent, we have no threat to kick a field goal, we have 1 receiver, and a kid taking punts that has dropped 3 balls, that doesnt play at all except on the punt team. If your QB can throw a 10 yard pass, the receiver can for 12 more because they give a 15 yard cushion on EVERY pass. We have 1 running back struggling to get through the quagmire of bodys, because the line can't open up a hole, and a coach that refuses to use other ways to get him involved. We have 1 receiver that busts his butt to get open, thats it for the passing game. On top of that, we will turn the ball over about 3 times a game,

On the bright side, you should still have a decent gate receipt, and this years band has one of the best half time shows you will ever see.

By the way, who is the kid returning punts anyway? As a Soph. Steele averaged about 28 yrds. a return and Seabolt would be a good return man also with his speed. This kid isn't even fast at all and like lips said, he doesn't even play anywhere else in the game. I don't understand why as a coach you would do this. Maybe he doesn't like to start a series in good field position. Yeah, that has to be it.

By the way, who is the kid returning punts anyway? As a Soph. Steele averaged about 28 yrds. a return and Seabolt would be a good return man also with his speed. This kid isn't even fast at all and like lips said, he doesn't even play anywhere else in the game. I don't understand why as a coach you would do this. Maybe he doesn't like to start a series in good field position. Yeah, that has to be it.

If Steele is a featured player for the Tribe on offense and/or defense maybe the coach doesn't want to risk him being injured. If he doesn't like to start a series in good field position, he shouldn't send anyone out there...sometimes the ball will bounce backwards. :thumb:

Not trying to start 1 tonight, i'm really not in the mouthing mood...but if Knox west would have beaten Boone by a large margin, and Boone scored 28 on you, and you had West ready to give up...how bad would West have beaten Boone???? Im confused :thumb:

It's simple Spear...we haven't played a complete game yet...except the three quarters we played at Knox West. You would just have to be there to understand. and I don't wish that on anyone. Not trying to create sympathy. Contrary, we want to come back. But there's a part of us that says, "It's not right to go on without him." Common sense tell us that he would cheer us on to greatness. Aahhh, but we are human. We are weak. We feel remorse for our circumstances. At some point it becomes motivation...and rightfully so. but not just yet. For you? Maybe, we will see. It just does not go away like that. We must turn inside to see our worth. And that is a one by one event. With the likes of Aaron, Ty, and Dillion suffering the most. What we bring Oct 2nd will be evident in the first 5 seconds we walk on the field. Either we will be back...or it will be another day.

If it's so simple, then just answer the question instead of side steppig it like a politician.. I asked if you guys were at least 4 tds better than West, yet Boone took you to the last play, BY WHAT WIDE MARGIN WOULD WEST HAVE BEATEN BOONE.. can't wait for this one, and please just give me some simple numbers, not a chapter from a book please.

Rebel Yell, Crawdad, Volman, can someone please make this individual understand what week 0 did to our ability to suit up on Friday night...musch less play a decent game. I'm sorry Spear, cause I don't want to fight over something like this, but if you don't get it then we will just let it lay.

Without all the things your kids have had to deal with,the mistakes that caused your game to be close with Boone ,has been much like our season so far.Your coach can only do so much.It's up to the team to play the game and not make the mistakes.Where I take a different line than a few of our "fans', is that I will not pick a highschool kid out,and put the end of the world on him,like I'm the allmighty.

The team that played Knox West the first 3 quarters has not been on the field since. Literally, it will never be on the field again. Will our team be able to get back the fire that we played those first 3 quarters with again? I'm not sure to tell you the truth. There have been glimpses. How can we as parents, coaches and friends expect it from these young men if we're not even sure how to act/feel ourselves? Spear, you don't know nor do I hope you ever know. Comp is correct. Not a knock on Boone because they have a very fine team. But they didn't see the team that Knox West did. Knox West is for real. Ask Farragut.

I must say a couple of things that I saw while watching the DB/Daniel Boone game. I've already said it looked llike a middle school game so I won't go there. Boone didn't look like the same team that played South except for the fact that they were out of gas in the beginning of the 4th. The DB fans are a tight lipped bunch. The tension was way high. Expectations were so much higher than production and a look of discust was the common facial expression. The Band was wonderful as always but they seemed smaller than they used to be. It seemed to me thay were about 75 people down. I could easily be wrong. But what was appalling was when after halftime these people started disappearing. And DB was leading...barely but the game was far from over. That's the difference between DB and South. We don't have fair weather fans. I felt allmost embarassed that these people were leaving. It gave me a good seat though so at least I got to sit down. Right behind the Sensabaughs. She was probably the only true fan there...at least near me. But most importantly what I saw was a very able QB. He can sling the ball 65 yards. His timing was off and his distance judgement was off but this guy had the skill. If Stacy had this kid he would be All State within one season. He would be putting up 300 yard games every week. I was impressed. No he wasn't hitting the target but it wasn't because he didn't have the ability. He just needs tweaking. And Steele, yes he was always overthrown and sometimes by a large margin but this guy has some wheels. You connect on just two of the passes that went his way, that's 2 sure TD's. You people were so close to greatness it was sad. And Roop had plenty of time to throw. And then you have Chris. That's three athletes. Some teams only have one. And from what I read you have a couple more. My money would be spent getting Roop's timing with Steele down to a deposit. I would venture that Steele won't meet a DB that can hang with him on a fly pattern...except for maybe Science Hill. Cap says for you to face the music...that the talent just ain't there this year. Well I say that you have enough talent to do the things that would bring about success it's just that someone isn't spending the right amount of time with the right people.

Not trying to start 1 tonight, i'm really not in the mouthing mood...but if Knox west would have beaten Boone by a large margin, and Boone scored 28 on you, and you had West ready to give up...how bad would West have beaten Boone???? Im confused :thumb:

It's simple Spear...we haven't played a complete game yet...except the three quarters we played at Knox West. You would just have to be there to understand. and I don't wish that on anyone. Not trying to create sympathy. Contrary, we want to come back. But there's a part of us that says, "It's not right to go on without him." Common sense tell us that he would cheer us on to greatness. Aahhh, but we are human. We are weak. We feel remorse for our circumstances. At some point it becomes motivation...and rightfully so. but not just yet. For you? Maybe, we will see. It just does not go away like that. We must turn inside to see our worth. And that is a one by one event. With the likes of Aaron, Ty, and Dillion suffering the most. What we bring Oct 2nd will be evident in the first 5 seconds we walk on the field. Either we will be back...or it will be another day.

If it's so simple, then just answer the question instead of side steppig it like a politician.. I asked if you guys were at least 4 tds better than West, yet Boone took you to the last play, BY WHAT WIDE MARGIN WOULD WEST HAVE BEATEN BOONE.. can't wait for this one, and please just give me some simple numbers, not a chapter from a book please.

Rebel Yell, Crawdad, Volman, can someone please make this individual understand what week 0 did to our ability to suit up on Friday night...musch less play a decent game. I'm sorry Spear, cause I don't want to fight over something like this, but if you don't get it then we will just let it lay.

I attempted to explain why people shoudn't read too much into the score from the Boone game. The Rebels were at their lowest point emotionally as they wandered thru the grieving process and were probably physically exhausted as well frrom the preceding week. Take nothing away from Boone as they are a solid team with a good defensive unit and enough offense to shorten a game. They have the ability to stay close and steal one if given the opportunity as D-B found out. It is just my conjecture of course, but I believe the Rebels were focused and pumped with adrenaline to get back on the field and honor Jake with a victory over Greeneville and they weren't to be denied. Whereas against Boone, they were not ready to play and to their credit were able to reach down and find a way to win so as not to fail Jake.

The grieving process is different for each, collectively it is a slow wound to heal.I for one know already in my heart that I will never attend another South football game without thinking of Jake and saying a prayer of thanksgiving for him. Each week the healing process can be sensed as we watch these young men enjoy the excitement of high school football. Gate City seemed fresh and new I guess because it was different even though we dealt with Aaron's and Seth's injuries. Hopefully our trip to Knox West this weekend will be more salve for the wounds and the excitement of game week for our biggest rival that we have not beaten in 16 years will get the kids stoked. Just trust me on this one. Knox West is a good team as evidenced by their score with Farragut. South has not played at the level they were on that night since, but I see hope on the horizon. REBEL NATION :wacko:

Oh, my gosh.........................nevermind how bad you had West, and I realize that you havent been the same team since thats understandable, no team could ever be the same after such a tragic loss. I do understand how you dont know how good South really is right now... Im not interested in the turnovers, the character of the team, how much they ate,why the scores have been what they have been or anything else. After seeing both teams up close....WHAT IM ASKING U COMP IS DO U THINK WEST IS THAN BOONE OR NOT? IF SO HOW MUCH BETTER.. How hard is that to answer ??????????????????????????????????? If you cant answer it this time, I wont ask again.