Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

South # 2 now.....

Tenn. High should be #1.5.

South needs to toughen up that O line and get those Dbacks to the ball before the big showdown (No not DB) with Tenn.

Should be the game of the year with 2 unbeatens. (fingers crossed)

It's funny how things work out some times.Boone is #10 tn the state as well.Boone doesn't have the athletes that South and TH have,but they had enough to take South to overtime and beat DB.Number 58 for Boone is a beast at linebacker and he can change a game.Now,for the big showdown.There is no way that South is giving TH a thought right now .TH has it's mind on a tough bunch of Devils as well.DB will have to put together nice drives and rest A defense that will have it's hands full on the ground and in the air.I understand that the number 2 team in the state will be a huge favorite,but they can be beat,and DB will not go without a fight and Carter knows that.

DB will need to follow the blueprint of Boone. Control the clock and force some turnovers. Do you all play many players both ways?

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South # 2 now.....

Tenn. High should be #1.5.

South needs to toughen up that O line and get those Dbacks to the ball before the big showdown (No not DB) with Tenn.

Should be the game of the year with 2 unbeatens. (fingers crossed)

It's funny how things work out some times.Boone is #10 tn the state as well.Boone doesn't have the athletes that South and TH have,but they had enough to take South to overtime and beat DB.Number 58 for Boone is a beast at linebacker and he can change a game.Now,for the big showdown.There is no way that South is giving TH a thought right now .TH has it's mind on a tough bunch of Devils as well.DB will have to put together nice drives and rest A defense that will have it's hands full on the ground and in the air.I understand that the number 2 team in the state will be a huge favorite,but they can be beat,and DB will not go without a fight and Carter knows that.

DB will need to follow the blueprint of Boone. Control the clock and force some turnovers. Do you all play many players both ways?

No,that's not been our problem because only two or three play a whole lot both ways and a couple split one position on the other side of the ball.We have found many ways to stop ourselves in every part of the game.A lot of little things that most would never see,plus the things that will allways stop drives and give up scores.In short,we have just shot ourselves in the foot enough to loose a couple we shouldn't have.

Coach Carter's spread offense has averaged less than 7 ppg against the Indians but I suspect this is not your typical DB defensive unit. If it is, look for a close game similar to the one at South in '05 with #32 seeing a heavy workload. The decisive play could be a play-action bomb to Seabolt. He looks ready to go after that catch against Boone and South's corners looked vulnerable against Boone and Central. :flower:

Coach Carter's spread offense has averaged less than 7 ppg against the Indians but I suspect this is not your typical DB defensive unit. If it is, look for a close game similar to the one at South in '05 with #32 seeing a heavy workload. The decisive play could be a play-action bomb to Seabolt. He looks ready to go after that catch against Boone and South's corners looked vulnerable against Boone and Central. :flower:

They've looked vulnerable every week except the Gate City game but there wasn't really a threat of a pass then.

Yeah, and all that.... But what about the PARTY that WACO promised me? If he doesn't show up at his own party that he promised me in writing on this honored site---- he's still getting the bill.

WACO-- call a girl! We got plans to make...

1. Should we have carnival rides?

2. Who can bring the BBQ pits?

3. What's the best catering in town for side dishes- we'll need a LOT!

4. What should the cake say?

5. How much bubbly should we order?

6. Can you flip for the crystal champagne glasses? (Please, Wacky!)

7. Can we rent limos for the ride from South to the Ranch?

8. Do you think we could get old Lynard & the band to come, or just settle with Pat Green and Kid Rock?

9. How many Rebel tents should I custom order for the yard? Can I get the little red, blue, and grey lights around the top like you have on your mom's house?

10. Can you clean the barn hall so we can do a little boot scootin' if the notion strikes us?

11. I'm expecting about 5,000 rowdy rebs, so get out the checkbook my love!

Just say OM and get your wallet out...you know you'll have fun! You'll just be the LIFE of the PARTY darlin'!

No party yet.

The above is correct. The D backfield is lacking and is barely conference ready and is certainly not playoff ready. The personnel decisions are baffling, but I guess that's why I'm not a coach.

They have 2 weeks to work on closing speed, wrap up tackling and maybe trying some new players back there. In one of my first posts here, I said a stong, smart quarterback with quick receivers will pick South apart. Not sure they have faced that yet, but they will and maybe really soon.

No party yet.

The above is correct. The D backfield is lacking and is barely conference ready and is certainly not playoff ready. The personnel decisions are baffling, but I guess that's why I'm not a coach.

They have 2 weeks to work on closing speed, wrap up tackling and maybe trying some new players back there. In one of my first posts here, I said a stong, smart quarterback with quick receivers will pick South apart. Not sure they have faced that yet, but they will and maybe really soon.

That's something South better get together before the playoffs.Clinton has a QB that is real fast and they said he could throw the ball close to 80 yards.I don't know about the 80 yards,but he has a gun for sure and hits the recievers on the money.Clinton's weak link is it's defense,but they can light up a scoreboard.Knox Catholic is huge and has a good passing game as well,they are the team to beat in 5A.

You can tell me i was wrong if we lose, but mark my word. We have two weeks to prepare for the game and South does to. We will improve more these two weeks than at any other point so far this year. South on the other hand is just going through the motions and not really worried about what is getting ready to happen. DB is going to be playing with a chip on their shoulder and backed up against the wall. It's do or die time. No more losing It's over. And especially not to this bunch. Other than Johnson City this is the team we love to mess with. The running game is going to get it going early and establish the physicallity of the game. And if you think Chris is not going to run somebody over your dreaming. Just wait until he gets his shoulders squared up and your boys step in front, it's going to be unlike anything you've ever seen. The streak will continue DB 21-17. Roll Tribe Roll.............

You can tell me i was wrong if we lose, but mark my word. We have two weeks to prepare for the game and South does to. We will improve more these two weeks than at any other point so far this year. South on the other hand is just going through the motions and not really worried about what is getting ready to happen. DB is going to be playing with a chip on their shoulder and backed up against the wall. It's do or die time. No more losing It's over. And especially not to this bunch. Other than Johnson City this is the team we love to mess with. The running game is going to get it going early and establish the physicallity of the game. And if you think Chris is not going to run somebody over your dreaming. Just wait until he gets his shoulders squared up and your boys step in front, it's going to be unlike anything you've ever seen. The streak will continue DB 21-17. Roll Tribe Roll.............

Yeah Man! Chris up the middle 30 times in a row. They won't be expecting that. :ph34r:

For the record...we know we will get the best DB has to offer. We feel proud that you would reserve that motivation for us. And we want the best you have.

Knox West would have beaten every team we have played so far by a large margin. Ask them about the ability of our Defense.

The '09 Rebels will be playing for for their Brother. They will also be playing for a list of Captains and their subordinates who would love to be in their shoes. They will be playing for much more than a check in the win column.

They will be playing for Honor.