Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap1 you have that ole Chinese disease " Constipation of thought and diarrhea of words". Why do you keep talking about what South has done, talk about what DB has done. Excuse me, I forgot, DB is all talk.

I’m going to quit before we complexly ruin this thread… you win. But I will say this…. make sure you talk your trash from over there in Virginia. Because if you come over here in TENNESSEE with that mess, you’re going to get the whoopin stick broke out on you. :roflol: :roflol: And you could pick your poison… THS, DB, or South. Of course we already know about South (49-7)…. don’t we! :thumb:

No excuses, got beat by a better team. When they beat you, what are you going to do? I can tell you, start whining, telling what you could have done. Why don't you post the scores for the last 50 years of TN football where DB played in the game. I can save you some time, they have NEVER played in a state championship game, much less won one.

Even playing down in 1A, about all you here about coming out of GC these days is girls Volleyball. :roflol:

DB-35

South-21 yep.....thats my prediction....why, after talking with some South boy's they have the wrong outlook on DB's team,they think they are no good and they will be a push over..and I know better.Graham is changing his offense up with Roop and Seabolt running at QB and will be passing alot..and we all know that is our weakness..and from what I have been told we still have'nt made any changes.Our kickoff return team is weak...I can see Derrick Steele returning one maybe two kickoffs for TDs and last but not the least big Chris catching passes out of the backfield will destroy us...DB will play better friday night than they have all year...just wait and see.If you think you will see us blow DB out you got another thing coming. I hope I'm wrong but that is how I see it. :roflol:

DB-35

South-21 yep.....thats my prediction....why, after talking with some South boy's they have the wrong outlook on DB's team,they think they are no good and they will be a push over..and I know better.Graham is changing his offense up with Roop and Seabolt running at QB and will be passing alot..and we all know that is our weakness..and from what I have been told we still have'nt made any changes.Our kickoff return team is weak...I can see Derrick Steele returning one maybe two kickoffs for TDs and last but not the least big Chris catching passes out of the backfield will destroy us...DB will play better friday night than they have all year...just wait and see.If you think you will see us blow DB out you got another thing coming. I hope I'm wrong but that is how I see it. :roflol:

That sounds like a scouting report.

No excuses, got beat by a better team. When they beat you, what are you going to do? I can tell you, start whining, telling what you could have done. Why don't you post the scores for the last 50 years of TN football where DB played in the game. I can save you some time, they have NEVER played in a state championship game, much less won one.

Even playing down in 1A, about all you here about coming out of GC these days is girls Volleyball. :roflol:

We've got 4 state titles in football. How many are in your case? And Cap, I haven't seen one person from GC say they can compete with DB, so I have no idea where you got that. My comment was to et saying GC is an "average" program. To me that's saying DB is an "average" program. It's rediculous. You say we couldn't compete in 5A or 6A, well no chit sherlock we have 600 kids, you have 1900. Slight different there don't you think? As for basketball, we have beaten DB in basketball in the past. You brought an undefeated team to GC one night and got beat. You also lost in the Arby's a few years back.

As for the South game, they won 41-14, not 49-7. I know the 44-16 thumping your team took back in '70 is still hard to digest, but let it go. At least South and GC had the guts to play each other. We play a 9 time state champion from West Virginia this Friday in GC. We may get beat by 60, but they sure as heck won't back down.

I thought this thread was about DB and South, not GC. You better hope your boys are thinking about the Rebs, or it very well could be worse than 41-14. How bad would you feel if South beat you worse than they beat our putrid little SWVA school?

DB-35

DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR, AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE!!!

For the record. I haven't said a word about any athlete personally being held back at DB, Gate City or otherwise since the spring when I ranted about CS. Now it is fact that back in the old days Gate City did play some rather mature individuals as well did other SWVA schools. It was just the way it was done. Nobody got excited. According to Quincy they don't do that now. I did rev him up about their team having players with children...alluding to hold backs. It was all in fun...no names mentioned. He was offended. I appologized. He concured. I have not said any thing at all about CS except to mention that I felt KS at THS was the better RB. My opinion. You DB people are ready to ambush anything I say about CS. Your perrogative. Personally, I don't see any difference between CS's holdback or whatever you call it at DB and any SWVA manipulation of the age rule. I have not made any reference to my son in any way since the season began as incinuated by 91. I know they want me to start something so they will have something else to talk about. Hence the prompts. So to that let me add that in my view a true D1 RB really doesn't need a line to block or really anything else to project him down the field. It is nice sometimes but if he is that good he will control the game all on his own. Sort of like Curt Phillips did until he hit Maryville. Granted it was a weak conference.

On the other hand there are two RB's that are a handful with or without much help. Not exactly true RB's in the definition on the position, but they are both a handful to bring down. And they are both fast. And one of them understands true RB technique. That would be Bradley Tallman from THS and Clint Phillips from SSHS. I will use Talman as the example because he is the better of the two. This guy runs the 100 meter in competitive time. And at 6'2" 225lbs. is a hoss. He can hurdle, spin, and otherwise break tackles and he can catch. Give him the ball in space and no DB can stop him once he gets rolling. Coming through the line he is boken down, bent at the waist, shoulders low, ball protected, and untackleable. When he hits you he unloads lock a loaded gun and his explosion breaks a wrap up. He must be tackled by shoestring and even then will gain positive yards in the aftermath. He will not be denied a first down on short yardage simply because of his technique. There is no other RB I have seen in NET that employs this skill set. At least not this year :( Yes, I watched the Vikings at Greenville and he is the real deal. If I were a coach looking for a RB I would see him as tremendous college potential.

That said, this is not a Gate City thread nor is it a THS thread even though I feel they are currently the strongest team in the conference, but it is a South/DB thread and if we have nothing more to say to each other than dares then I guess I am done.

South has Gold Ball potential as they did last year and the year before. Even Cap said two years ago that if Stubbs had Curt Phillips the Vikings would be in game 15. After all it does take experience to go there. That said we all know DB will play like they haven't played yet this year just because it is South. It was said that we are taking this game lightly. If that is true we will get thumped. And I will say this, that if South does lose then it will be because DB won not because we didn't show up. Yes, I said it and in advance. No bad officiating, no Knox West, no nothing! It is time we came out and proved we are and who we are supposed to be or not. Now or never! There it is '09 Rebels. It's hammer time. I hope your Daddies make you read this post. And with the skill set you posess there is no excuse for anything but a beat down. If you are not mentally prepared then you will desirve to lose. As bad as I hate to say it...On any given Friday night! Rebel Nation.

For the record. I haven't said a word about any athlete personally being held back at DB, Gate City or otherwise since the spring when I ranted about CS. Now it is fact that back in the old days Gate City did play some rather mature individuals as well did other SWVA schools. It was just the way it was done. Nobody got excited. According to Quincy they don't do that now. I did rev him up about their team having players with children...alluding to hold backs. It was all in fun...no names mentioned. He was offended. I appologized. He concured. I have not said any thing at all about CS except to mention that I felt KS at THS was the better RB. My opinion. You DB people are ready to ambush anything I say about CS. Your perrogative. Personally, I don't see any difference between CS's holdback or whatever you call it at DB and any SWVA manipulation of the age rule. I have not made any reference to my son in any way since the season began as incinuated by 91. I know they want me to start something so they will have something else to talk about. Hence the prompts. So to that let me add that in my view a true D1 RB really doesn't need a line to block or really anything else to project him down the field. It is nice sometimes but if he is that good he will control the game all on his own. Sort of like Curt Phillips did until he hit Maryville. Granted it was a weak conference.

On the other hand there are two RB's that are a handful with or without much help. Not exactly true RB's in the definition on the position, but they are both a handful to bring down. And they are both fast. And one of them understands true RB technique. That would be Bradley Tallman from THS and Clint Phillips from SSHS. I will use Talman as the example because he is the better of the two. This guy runs the 100 meter in competitive time. And at 6'2" 225lbs. is a hoss. He can hurdle, spin, and otherwise break tackles and he can catch. Give him the ball in space and no DB can stop him once he gets rolling. Coming through the line he is boken down, bent at the waist, shoulders low, ball protected, and untackleable. When he hits you he unloads lock a loaded gun and his explosion breaks a wrap up. He must be tackled by shoestring and even then will gain positive yards in the aftermath. He will not be denied a first down on short yardage simply because of his technique. There is no other RB I have seen in NET that employs this skill set. At least not this year :roll: Yes, I watched the Vikings at Greenville and he is the real deal. If I were a coach looking for a RB I would see him as tremendous college potential.

That said, this is not a Gate City thread nor is it a THS thread even though I feel they are currently the strongest team in the conference, but it is a South/DB thread and if we have nothing more to say to each other than dares then I guess I am done.

South has Gold Ball potential as they did last year and the year before. Even Cap said two years ago that if Stubbs had Curt Phillips the Vikings would be in game 15. After all it does take experience to go there. That said we all know DB will play like they haven't played yet this year just because it is South. It was said that we are taking this game lightly. If that is true we will get thumped. And I will say this, that if South does lose then it will be because DB won not because we didn't show up. Yes, I said it and in advance. No bad officiating, no Knox West, no nothing! It is time we came out and proved we are and who we are supposed to be or not. Now or never! There it is '09 Rebels. It's hammer time. I hope your Daddies make you read this post. And with the skill set you posess there is no excuse for anything but a beat down. If you are not mentally prepared then you will desirve to lose. As bad as I hate to say it...On any given Friday night! Rebel Nation.

Thanks for the essay comp.... :(

http://[list=]

"compusatman"]For the record. I haven't said a word about any athlete personally being held back at DB, Gate City or otherwise since the spring when I ranted about CS. Now it is fact that back in the old days Gate City did play some rather mature individuals as well did other SWVA schools. It was just the way it was done. Nobody got excited. According to Quincy they don't do that now. I did rev him up about their team having players with children...alluding to hold backs. It was all in fun...no names mentioned. He was offended. I appologized. He concured. I have not said any thing at all about CS except to mention that I felt KS at THS was the better RB. My opinion. You DB people are ready to ambush anything I say about CS. Your perrogative. Personally, I don't see any difference between CS's holdback or whatever you call it at DB and any SWVA manipulation of the age rule. I have not made any reference to my son in any way since the season began as incinuated by 91. I know they want me to start something so they will have something else to talk about. Hence the prompts. So to that let me add that in my view a true D1 RB really doesn't need a line to block or really anything else to project him down the field. It is nice sometimes but if he is that good he will control the game all on his own. Sort of like Curt Phillips did until he hit Maryville. Granted it was a weak conference.

On the other hand there are two RB's that are a handful with or without much help. Not exactly true RB's in the definition on the position, but they are both a handful to bring down. And they are both fast. And one of them understands true RB technique. That would be Bradley Tallman from THS and Clint Phillips from SSHS. I will use Talman as the example because he is the better of the two. This guy runs the 100 meter in competitive time. And at 6'2" 225lbs. is a hoss. He can hurdle, spin, and otherwise break tackles and he can catch. Give him the ball in space and no DB can stop him once he gets rolling. Coming through the line he is boken down, bent at the waist, shoulders low, ball protected, and untackleable. When he hits you he unloads lock a loaded gun and his explosion breaks a wrap up. He must be tackled by shoestring and even then will gain positive yards in the aftermath. He will not be denied a first down on short yardage simply because of his technique. There is no other RB I have seen in NET that employs this skill set. At least not this year :( Yes, I watched the Vikings at Greenville and he is the real deal. If I were a coach looking for a RB I would see him as tremendous college potential.

Well said Comp,if our boy's don't get their minds right it will be a long friday night at Death Valley.I know for a fact Graham is going all out to make sure he keeps his streak alive against the Rebels.He has Roop and Seabolt both taking snaps in different sets..I was told he has several trick plays up his sleeve with Chris,Derrick,Seabolt and Roop.Our corners better be ready because they are going to pick at them all night...I was told Graham was watching film and said one of our corners would be a easy target and he is going to go at him quite often...pass..pass..pass.I hope our boys are ready for a all out war because I believe this will be our hardest to date. Roll Rebels!!!!

We've got 4 state titles in football. How many are in your case? And Cap, I haven't seen one person from GC say they can compete with DB, so I have no idea where you got that. My comment was to et saying GC is an "average" program. To me that's saying DB is an "average" program. It's rediculous. You say we couldn't compete in 5A or 6A, well no chit sherlock we have 600 kids, you have 1900. Slight different there don't you think? As for basketball, we have beaten DB in basketball in the past. You brought an undefeated team to GC one night and got beat. You also lost in the Arby's a few years back.

As for the South game, they won 41-14, not 49-7. I know the 44-16 thumping your team took back in '70 is still hard to digest, but let it go. At least South and GC had the guts to play each other. We play a 9 time state champion from West Virginia this Friday in GC. We may get beat by 60, but they sure as heck won't back down.

I thought this thread was about DB and South, not GC. You better hope your boys are thinking about the Rebs, or it very well could be worse than 41-14. How bad would you feel if South beat you worse than they beat our putrid little SWVA school?

41-14... 49-7... does it really matter????? :( 1970..... are you kidding??? And Christopher Columbus discovered America in 1492... so what!!! Most of the stuff you said you just made up anyway. :roll: I tell you what... bring your team on over to the Stone Castle, and you can bring all your LITTLE balls with you. Let's see how that works out for you!!! :( Maybe we can give you ANOTHER dose of the here and now. One more thing... not saying that there's not a good chance that we could very well loose the game with South. But 42-14???? Not gonna happen.... not even in one of Comps stories!!!

41-14... 49-7... does it really matter????? :( 1970..... are you kidding??? And Christopher Columbus discovered America in 1492... so what!!! Most of the stuff you said you just made up anyway. :roll: I tell you what... bring your team on over to the Stone Castle, and you can bring all your LITTLE balls with you. Let's see how that works out for you!!! :( Maybe we can give you ANOTHER dose of the here and now. One more thing... not saying that there's not a good chance that we could very well loose the game with South. But 42-14???? Not gonna happen.... not even in one of Comps stories!!!

Can you say overtime?