Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, south isn't ranked #1 in the state first of all. South is 2, TN High is 3. One only has to look at the last 4 years to see the reason behind this. To be the man, you gotta beat the man. WOOOO!!!! (my apologies to Ric Flair) I

4 whole years.... talk about a dynasty. ;) Actually Maryville already clamed that slogan here in the East!!! But I don’t think I have to tell you that. :lol:

Actually, south isn't ranked #1 in the state first of all. South is 2, TN High is 3. One only has to look at the last 4 years to see the reason behind this. To be the man, you gotta beat the man. WOOOO!!!! (my apologies to Ric Flair) I

4 whole years.... talk about a dynasty. :lol: Actually Maryville already clamed that slogan here in the East!!! But I don’t think I have to tell you that. ;)

Who said dynasty? All I said was we've beat you the last 4 years and made it farther in the playoffs in that time so people see South as the better team until the little Vikings do something about it. ;) That must be some good stuff you've got, Cap. :lol:

ok i have been watching DB for a very long time and i havent missed a south DB game in 15 years and you can say wat you want but DB has been on the top of this game for a long time and i will give south credit but everbody said they were goin to kill DB and at the end of the day they lost 44-0. but this year DB is down this year they are young they lost alot of good players last year.of one their problem is the o-line hasnt done a thing this year joey has alot of work to do with that line. then roop the QB he does have the arm and the size to be a great QB but his judgment is that of a QB in middle school just bad. ofcours its not his fault bc steele is droping passes all over the place like the one in the endzone a few weeks ago then the O is only on the field like 5 plays at a time no wonder the D gets tired then gets burned. if roop has a good game and the oline realy trys to block somebody DB will come out with a win but that is the only way.

if roop plays well and line blocks DB 24 south 14

if they dont DB 10 south 35

I cannot understand why one of the top teams in the State 5A or 6A would get all excited about playing and hoping to beat a team that is 1 and 4. If you feel you can run the tables this should be a no brainer but I see some close score predictions on both sides. Just cannot imagine Maryville or Alcoa getting this worked up over a team that has lost 4 games it says something about the confidence and comfort level Maybe being ranked high is making some people tight..... :lol:

ok i have been watching DB for a very long time and i havent missed a south DB game in 15 years and you can say wat you want but DB has been on the top of this game for a long time and i will give south credit but everbody said they were goin to kill DB and at the end of the day they lost 44-0. but this year DB is down this year they are young they lost alot of good players last year.of one their problem is the o-line hasnt done a thing this year joey has alot of work to do with that line. then roop the QB he does have the arm and the size to be a great QB but his judgment is that of a QB in middle school just bad. ofcours its not his fault bc steele is droping passes all over the place like the one in the endzone a few weeks ago then the O is only on the field like 5 plays at a time no wonder the D gets tired then gets burned. if roop has a good game and the oline realy trys to block somebody DB will come out with a win but that is the only way.

if roop plays well and line blocks DB 24 south 14

if they dont DB 10 south 35

Well said 1990tibe :lol: if DB's line can not have any bonehead plays and roop has a semi decent game DB will win

Reading some of this stuff is hilarious. What happened in the past doesn't matter Friday night. What happened with Boone doesn't matter Friday night...I will deviate here...at Boone South was emotionally drained. What they didn't lose emotionally during the week after the West game, they left on the field vs. Greeneville. They had nothing left, hence all the mistakes and miscues but regardless they found a way. They were down 21-7 and scored two straight TD's. I thought it funny the Boone coach said they had South but he never admitted it was his coaching guffaws that cost his team the game. They got up and he panicked...and that is SSouth....better coaching. If your team keeps it close, he will still win by outcoaching you...

This is a rivalry and what is on paper doesn't matter.

South has to run the FB. I hadn't heard about #7 playing but if he does, he cannot carry the ball 30 times. There has to be more production from the tailback position than 3.9 YPC. In a way, DB can defend the pass and dare South to beat them running. #12 hasn't really carried the ball much but he has two long runs so he can beat you. He is a good athlete but his playing QB hurts the receiving corps.

DB needs to play good field position. They need to take advantage of SS weak kicking game. #10 is a great linebacker but average punter. If DB can back up South, field the punts they can win the field position game. With that said I like #26 for SS kicking field goals.

DB needs to eliminate the big plays from South. SS has had plays of 78, 63, 58, 40, plus FUM returns and INT return. South likes the big play...

#33 for South and #10 will need big games and I am not forgetting #56. They need to break Sensabaugh down and make Roop beat them. DB hasn't had a decent passer since Burton's senior year. If they can break down Sensabaugh and put pressure on Roop....the DB O may not score. SS has 8 or so sacks this year.

I think South can win a couple of ways...but they lived on the big play last year and are living on it this year...DB has to eliminate them. DB has to keep the South O off the field and win the field position battle. They have to make South impatient and make a young QB starting his 3rd game make bad decisions. If South can run the ball and then mix it up....and then pop a few big plays which is the MO, it will be a long night for DB...

I am guessing here....the ticket to ride is South 28 DB 7

Reading some of this stuff is hilarious. What happened in the past doesn't matter Friday night. What happened with Boone doesn't matter Friday night...I will deviate here...at Boone South was emotionally drained. What they didn't lose emotionally during the week after the West game, they left on the field vs. Greeneville. They had nothing left, hence all the mistakes and miscues but regardless they found a way. They were down 21-7 and scored two straight TD's. I thought it funny the Boone coach said they had South but he never admitted it was his coaching guffaws that cost his team the game. They got up and he panicked...and that is SSouth....better coaching. If your team keeps it close, he will still win by outcoaching you...

South has to run the FB. I hadn't heard about #7 playing but if he does, he cannot carry the ball 30 times. There has to be more production from the tailback position than 3.9 YPC. In a way, DB can defend the pass and dare South to beat them running. #12 hasn't really carried the ball much but he has two long runs so he can beat you. He is a good athlete but his playing QB hurts the receiving corps.

DB needs to play good field position. They need to take advantage of SS weak kicking game. #10 is a great linebacker but average punter. If DB can back up South, field the punts they can win the field position game. With that said I like #26 for SS kicking field goals.

DB needs to eliminate the big plays from South. SS has had plays of 78, 63, 58, 40, plus FUM returns and INT return. South likes the big play...

#33 for South and #10 will need big games and I am not forgetting #56. They need to break Sensabaugh down and make Roop beat them. DB hasn't had a decent passer since Burton's senior year. If they can break down Sensabaugh and put pressure on Roop....the DB O may not score. SS has 8 or so sacks this year.

I think South can win a couple of ways...but they lived on the big play last year and are living on it this year...DB has to eliminate them. DB has to keep the South O off the field and win the field position battle. They have to make South impatient and make a young QB starting his 3rd game make bad decisions. If South can run the ball and then mix it up....and then pop a few big plays which is the MO, it will be a long night for DB...

Finally! Somebody that can talk REAL football. His first post and the best info post on the board. If we can talk football instead of teepee burning and Rebel flag burning I might come back. Clinton...what a joke.

Finally! Somebody that can talk REAL football. His first post and the best info post on the board. If we can talk football instead of teepee burning and Rebel flag burning I might come back. Clinton...what a joke.

i wasnt rebel flag burning and i agree that they cant put it all on roop that is just setting him up to play bad and chris needs to have a great game to save his season along with the whole team but that depends on the o-line and i dont have to worry about the D bc i know watson will have the D ready its the O i agree they need to stay on the field for atlest half of the game to give the D a break because they have been on the field longer then the colts D a few weeks ago.

I cannot understand why one of the top teams in the State 5A or 6A would get all excited about playing and hoping to beat a team that is 1 and 4. If you feel you can run the tables this should be a no brainer but I see some close score predictions on both sides. Just cannot imagine Maryville or Alcoa getting this worked up over a team that has lost 4 games it says something about the confidence and comfort level Maybe being ranked high is making some people tight..... :thumb:

Has nothing to do with football.

I cannot understand why one of the top teams in the State 5A or 6A would get all excited about playing and hoping to beat a team that is 1 and 4. If you feel you can run the tables this should be a no brainer but I see some close score predictions on both sides. Just cannot imagine Maryville or Alcoa getting this worked up over a team that has lost 4 games it says something about the confidence and comfort level Maybe being ranked high is making some people tight..... :lol:

this goes back along time their is alot of hate in the middle of this. think a whole town divided between these 2 schools that hate eachother come gameday. you would just have to see 10,000 ppl at a high school game. there is a fact in life dont talk about somthing you know nothing about. :thumb: