Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

I tell you what batman. We can go back and forth calling each other Idiots for the next 4 weeks, but your never going to be right. You try to "sweeten' up" your post to prove your point but you can't back up what you say. I never talked about the guys like they were dogs, and I never called out any teen age boys. There are a great number of posters on here that know exactually what I was doing and why I was doing it. And a lot of them do it for the same reason as I do. And you should know that at least 75% of fans including x-players agree with me. I actually had to work extra hard because every time I posted you would come on here and talk about how great the guys were doing. Even after being 1-4, I mean how can that be? A DB team is 1-4 and you think their doing great. That is the wrong message to send pal. The players needed some fire in their gut and if I just created a spark then it was worth it. I don't see any logic in you playing kissy face with the players is ever going to fire them up. Heck you even admitted that I fired you up. So thats as far as I can go to explain it all to you without giving up the whole program. Take it or leave it.

When I said a few weeks ago that Jack was actually Coach Watson everyone balked...including Jack. So what now? What you think Volman? Is Jack GC himself? Naw, naw...He's still Coach Watson. If he were GC he'd be trying to make things rhyme and stuff...and making up wild stories like the Black Devil Train. Yeah, Coach Watson wouldn't have a problem calling people idiots. Mike Sampson...no, Bob Bingham...no, Ryan...no, so who's left? Anyway, good post coach!

But you forgot one very important thing. How does Watson get to a computer so fast after games? How does he post at the same time he is on the practice field? Did he post during the Farragut game? Maybe WaCoJaCo is actually more than one person, ever think of that? :roll:

Nope. One person. The personality of the verbage has only changed once in the 3 years I've been on the T. And that was after this years South game. And the only change was a bit of compassion for South given this seasons circumstances. I read between the lines and felt the sincerity therof. And was in appreciation. Nope you still misspell the same words post after post. And the same mentality to your phylosophy. I read. Other things besides the T. As in books...so I draw pictures from words. And when I speak my mind and it sets the screen on fire and many are putting a dagger in my back you actually coach me on the escape route. Not as if to agree with my rant but to at least agree that my point of view is valid in the overall scheme of debate. You are very careful not to step on family toes even though sometimes you agree it needs to be done. You are not necessesarily an educated man but very inteligent in the street sense of the word. You understand people. I remember when you changed your avitar. You do have respect for the Rebel dedication regardless of how suicidal it is. Interesting how it is your coy mentality that is emulated when South plays DB. We were beat before the first kickoff...Just like in 2006. That is powerful psychology. Especially considering DB's season prior to the South game. It makes one wonder what really happens in the playoffs each year. So tell me Oh Seeer of the Crystal...who orchistrated this recovery? GC...or...Coach Watson? Believe it or not you and I have actually had conversations face to face. Mostly about football but always very interesting conversations. You live where I spent my early childhood if I'm not mistaken. Yes, my sister and my brother went to DB...long ago. So can the Indians muster the effort put forth against the Rebels against the Vikings?

Oh, and one more thing. When are you waiting to put Blackman in the #1 spot on your poll? After this weeks game against Oakland?

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard you saying on here, TN High isn't going to have a tough game until they get to the championship since Maryville isn't around anymore. I'm curious though. How many times did Maryville end your season during those years they were in 4A because it seems to me like you all got put out an awful lot before you even made it there. At least we put up a fight for a half against them. Waco could probably tell you the score the last time you all played Maryville. He's good at remembering those things. :o

How is this for memory RebYell… in the last 15 years, Sullivan South has had 7… count um… SEVEN LOOSING SEASONS!!!!! ;) In 1999 you didn’t win ONE GAME (0-10). So “putting up a fight” wasn’t even in Souths vocabulary before SUPERMAN got there. The Vikings have had 1 loosing season in 15 years, and have finished no less than second in the conference for the last 10 years. That’s called TRADITION. :lol:

By the way our schools have played each other since South has been around. So all those years that we were “put out before we got to Maryville” prior to the Curt Philips era, you can best believe it was after Sullivan South had already turned in their pads. B)

OK Cap, gotta call you out on this. As great a high school QB as superman was, the lion's share of the credit for South's return to football prominence lies with Coach Stacy Carter. Curt only beat you 2 of the last 4 so who was superman then? That 1st year in the Carter tenure ,he inherited very little to work with losing 52-7 in week 7. 5 weeks later we had you on the ropes entering the 4th before a muffed punt inside our 20 gave you a short field TD and turned into a 31-17 Viking victory. That was a

team that had gone to Morristown and upset the Canes week1 of playoffs to return to Bristol and trim 31 points off of an earlier defeat.Now that's coaching. In summary, Carter is 4-2 vs Stubbs with the 2 losses being in their 1st meetings when South had 31 players on a roster. Curt was 2-0 against the Vikings. If you don't think there is some coaching going on down here ,wait until you see what surprises he has for your Vikes this year!!

And one more thing Cap, you guys are making a big mistake not playing Shamus. We could use him at cornerback. I believe Coach Weston could coach him up. :roll:

Also, Cap, in the 2005 win over the Vikes, a senior backup QB led the Rebels. CP did not play in the that game.

Comp,I can't help but think of a couple of movies when reading some of your post.Coach T is like watching Forrest Gump and all of a sudden you kick in with some Silence of the lambs.No disrespect,just saying your scary smart for a bunch of football folks !

Here I go again, going against my word of posting, but hey, some asked for it right? Anyway, funny post Batman. Comp is one of the most intelligent people I know. I always get a chuckle when he lays one of those puzzles down on the screen. I can just see these people's faces trying to interpret. Some don't even bother I'm sure because they simply can't. But, there are always methods to his madness and I enjoy every minute of it. Jack trys the same things and does a good job. But, each are on a different end of the spectrum. Most on here can relate to Jack. Like I said before, I appreciate most all the D-B faithful for their acts of kindness this year. Wow, has it been a long year! And, as bad as I hate to say it, it was almost therapeutic reading all the trash that some dished out to us over the past week. We never want to lose. NEVER. But, it almost made things normal again. Almost........

OK Cap, gotta call you out on this. As great a high school QB as superman was, the lion's share of the credit for South's return to football prominence lies with Coach Stacy Carter. Curt only beat you 2 of the last 4 so who was superman then? That 1st year in the Carter tenure ,he inherited very little to work with losing 52-7 in week 7. 5 weeks later we had you on the ropes entering the 4th before a muffed punt inside our 20 gave you a short field TD and turned into a 31-17 Viking victory. That was a

team that had gone to Morristown and upset the Canes week1 of playoffs to return to Bristol and trim 31 points off of an earlier defeat.Now that's coaching. In summary, Carter is 4-2 vs Stubbs with the 2 losses being in their 1st meetings when South had 31 players on a roster. Curt was 2-0 against the Vikings. If you don't think there is some coaching going on down here ,wait until you see what surprises he has for your Vikes this year!!

And one more thing Cap, you guys are making a big mistake not playing Shamus. We could use him at cornerback. I believe Coach Weston could coach him up. :twisted:

I keep hearing all of this about how in 04’ you lost to the Vikings 52-7 (which is a total embarrassment to start off with), and then came back to “give the Vikings all they wanted”. The first words that come to my mind is…. B--- S---!!! Tell me this… if you were THS, how do you get up again for a team that you DRAGGED all game long for 52 (FIFTY TWO) points and held to just one TD despite playing EVERY BODY on your bench. You simple caught the Vikings sleeping in the playoff game. Reading more into it is simply wishful thinking. And to Stacey bringing all of this succes to the Sullivan South program I’ll give him this… he was one of the first to bring an EFFECTIVE spread offence to this area (the first being the East coach in 04’), and he brought change and excitement to the South program. But make no mistake the mull (figure of speech) he road in on has the initials CP! CP got injured in 05’ but that was still his team. So that would make it three years… the first year he kindled the fire, the second year he led the charge, and the third he put them on his shoulders and ran. Last year … you had a very good, well rounded football team no dispute. This year would be the year for the COACH to shine and …. well…. I was at the DB game and I’ll leave it at that.

How is this for memory RebYell… in the last 15 years, Sullivan South has had 7… count um… SEVEN LOOSING SEASONS!!!!! :o In 1999 you didn’t win ONE GAME (0-10). So “putting up a fight” wasn’t even in Souths vocabulary before SUPERMAN got there. The Vikings have had 1 loosing season in 15 years, and have finished no less than second in the conference for the last 10 years. That’s called TRADITION.

By the way our schools have played each other since South has been around. So all those years that we were “put out before we got to Maryville” prior to the Curt Philips era, you can best believe it was after Sullivan South had already turned in their pads.

Are you sure you aren't a closet DB fan because you like to talk about history an awful lot. Just like DB, you all are supposed to beat South. We're a little old county school that barely had enough students to qualify for 5A. I sat through all of those losing seasons we had and I'm sure we have more coming from what I've seen. We will never have the speed that TN High or DB and that's a fact. We will have periods of a good football team like the early 90's and the last few years but I know we will never be a powerhouse. In about 5 years we will be the new North because of annexation. But you know what, even if we're 0-10 I'll still be at the games watching my team. Could you say the same? I may not be there every week but I've sat through hard times before. It made the last few years that much sweeter. :shock:

You can only speak of your history if you have one.. hint, hint. And excuse me if I don’t break out in tears for poor little Sullivan South … even though I could hear the violins in the background as I read your post. By the way you should re-up your sources… if I’m not mistaken South and Central now have more students than THS.

And to be honest with you… if it rains TONIGHT… I’m takin it to the house. I have no dog in the race now. As an alumni I still have pride in my school don’t get me wrong, but if they were loosing EVERY game… they wouldn’t see me. I don’t kown any other way then to tell it like it tis. :o Of course since THS is the team that I support, HISTORY dictates that I will be there each and every season for a while.

:twisted:

How is this for memory RebYell… in the last 15 years, Sullivan South has had 7… count um… SEVEN LOOSING SEASONS!!!!! :shock: In 1999 you didn’t win ONE GAME (0-10). So “putting up a fight” wasn’t even in Souths vocabulary before SUPERMAN got there. The Vikings have had 1 loosing season in 15 years, and have finished no less than second in the conference for the last 10 years. That’s called TRADITION.

By the way our schools have played each other since South has been around. So all those years that we were “put out before we got to Maryville” prior to the Curt Philips era, you can best believe it was after Sullivan South had already turned in their pads.

Are you sure you aren't a closet DB fan because you like to talk about history an awful lot. Just like DB, you all are supposed to beat South. We're a little old county school that barely had enough students to qualify for 5A. I sat through all of those losing seasons we had and I'm sure we have more coming from what I've seen. We will never have the speed that TN High or DB and that's a fact. We will have periods of a good football team like the early 90's and the last few years but I know we will never be a powerhouse. In about 5 years we will be the new North because of annexation. But you know what, even if we're 0-10 I'll still be at the games watching my team. Could you say the same? I may not be there every week but I've sat through hard times before. It made the last few years that much sweeter. :o

You can only speak of your history if you have one.. hint, hint. And excuse me if I don’t break out in tears for poor little Sullivan South … even though I could hear the violins in the background as I read your post. By the way you should re-up your sources… if I’m not mistaken South and Central now have more students than THS.

And to be honest with you… if it rains TONIGHT… I’m takin it to the house. I have no dog in the race now. As an alumni I still have pride in my school don’t get me wrong, but if they were loosing EVERY game… they wouldn’t see me. I don’t kown any other way then to tell it like it tis. B) Of course since THS is the team that I support, HISTORY dictates that I will be there each and every season for a while.

At least you were honest and proved my point that you're alot of talk and not alot of walk if you wouldn't be there to support your team if you weren't winning or it was raining. When it rains is the best time to watch a football game other than snow. I just think you're afraid DB might win so that gives you an excuse not to go. Also, it's hard to have alot of history when you've only been around for 28 years. Just like DB, you all should have won a lot more titles than you actually have. At least you aren't the king of #1 rankings and one and dones though. :o

VMScott--- You know you have to continue to post! We love you! If you have to change screen names, I recommend FSUScott...

FSU is going to finish with Duke at the bottom of the ACC... Bubble Gum Bobby has no clue what is going on in a Football game.. just chews that piece of trident and wears his jacket to hide his fat belly!!

We are awake,but we have a lot of sick young men on our team right now.Roll Tribe

Yea… I can certainly understand that. I’d be sick too if I had to sit and watch the Viking O on film all week long! Sick… can’t you guys do better than that.

The word arrogance/classless should never come out of YOUR MOUTH toward anyone else. We've had around 11 kids thats have been very sick with this Flu stuff. Your a real horses behind dry.gif .

Whatever clown…… ya momma!! :o

I gotta suggestion for you Nation. If this is getting to ruff for you up here on the porch… you might want to take your little bone and go play out in the yard. By the way, do you think DB is they only team around that is battling the flu????? But it’s obvious they are the only ones that think they need an excuse after the game. Would you like us to just call off the game so your poor team can get all better? Or maybe we can wait till the grass in the Castle is a little thick so it will cushion their fall a little more. Look dude all that politically correct crap gets you nowhere with me…. call me what you like. Strap it on and let’s play ball… and stop being such a little…. Ooops, :shock: that was close. I almost used the B word on Coacht. :twisted:

And to be honest with you… if it rains TONIGHT… I’m takin it to the house. I have no dog in the race now. As an alumni I still have pride in my school don’t get me wrong, but if they were loosing EVERY game… they wouldn’t see me. I don’t kown any other way then to tell it like it tis. :o Of course since THS is the team that I support, HISTORY dictates that I will be there each and every season for a while.

At least you were honest and proved my point that you're alot of talk and not alot of walk if you wouldn't be there to support your team if you weren't winning or it was raining. When it rains is the best time to watch a football game other than snow. I just think you're afraid DB might win so that gives you an excuse not to go. Also, it's hard to have alot of history when you've only been around for 28 years. Just like DB, you all should have won a lot more titles than you actually have. At least you aren't the king of #1 rankings and one and dones though. :o

No… what it proves is that I’m an honest man, and you’re full of Shiot. :shock: I’ll pull for TN High all day and all night long against ANYBODY, but lets not get it twisted. For five straight years I sat up in those stands through the cold and sometimes rain, and never missed a game for my BOYS …..period!!! NO SHAME IN MY GAME RebYell.

There is only one person on the face of this Earth that truly possesses the loyalty to their team that you are (in a laughable effort) trying to lead us to believe you have… and that is Shamus. If the Vikings are playing ANYTHING he will be there!!!

"Shiot", Cap, I did not know you spoke yiddish. Good honest answers Cap. I really believe the Vikes maybe heading towards some big payouts this year. This team seems to be strong everywhere. I have seen them once this year and was impressed at how they handled some adversity. Question... If DB wins I assume they are probably back and congrats to them, but if they lose do they go back to hammering GC and just about everything else Cap?