Catholic @ Webb

Irish423

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:popcorneater: Well, First let me send this one out to Mr "donthateappreciate"..I got a big kick out of the running dialogue last week between you and Tre Waters.. Frankly, you talked alot of smack towards him and Webb in general.. and YOU started the whole discussion by insulting Tre's size and Webb's schedule. Well let me see now...hmmm. Not only did Webb soundly beat Catholic in almost every phase of the game, the Water's kid also backed up his "return smack" with about a dozen tackles, a caused fumble, a fumble recovery, and actually a second that was ruled an incomplete pass that my tv replay showed was a clear fumble..In fact, Todd Kelly the X-TN and NFL player pointed out that Tre' dominated the game on defense..Now I am sure Tre' and his teammates share this win equally so maybe this will teach you as a board posted a bit about sportsmanship and about having an ADULT post next time..Let's keep it clean, fair and civilized next time, cool?

Congrats to Webb! The game was great as was the atmosphere. The better team won Friday night in my opinion. #5, Blance, is for real and extremely quick. Catholic's RB, Cozart, is for real as well! Catholic isn't a bad team at all. They seem well coached and are fundamental. I don't know why the QB kept scrambling. He had WR's open, but tucked and ran instead. Once again congrats to Webb and good luck to both teams this year!

To think webbs key running backs are only 2 freshmen and a sophmore should worry the irish in this rivalry for the next 3 years. Webb could go on a 4 year streak of their own against the irish. Though catholic should get more comfortable under their new offensive system in the years ahead, if they do not have a good QB to replace williamson it will never work and will not beat webb. Good Qbs that are pure passers in HS are really rare.

Love how there is nobody from Catholic talking on here now.... can run their mouth before the game, but dont have anything to say when they lose.

I'll be the first to step up and say Webb totally outplayed us. I think you will find the true Catholic fans/followers never trashed Webb or ran thier mouth. After 20+ years watching these games, records and standings really don't matter when it comes time to hit the field. They are generally close and hard fought games. Cut us some slack for some of the immature posts from kids that don't even play and feel compelled to run their mouth. Most of us have plenty of respect for the Webb program from their feeder system to the coaches and players.

No excuses offered here from the illness. Loss of Gaston a few days before the game was a big blow. Our entire LB corp has changed from game to game due to injuries. I was a little disappointed that we came out in the shotgun trying to establish a passing game. We only have one solid receiver and dropped several balls that could have changed the complexion of the game. I think Cozart and Shirley should have been more of a factor in determining our success.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way and hope both stay injury free from this point on. :roflol:

I'll be the first to step up and say Webb totally outplayed us. I think you will find the true Catholic fans/followers never trashed Webb or ran thier mouth. After 20+ years watching these games, records and standings really don't matter when it comes time to hit the field. They are generally close and hard fought games. Cut us some slack for some of the immature posts from kids that don't even play and feel compelled to run their mouth. Most of us have plenty of respect for the Webb program from their feeder system to the coaches and players.

No excuses offered here from the illness. Loss of Gaston a few days before the game was a big blow. Our entire LB corp has changed from game to game due to injuries. I was a little disappointed that we came out in the shotgun trying to establish a passing game. We only have one solid receiver and dropped several balls that could have changed the complexion of the game. I think Cozart and Shirley should have been more of a factor in determining our success.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way and hope both stay injury free from this point on.

Good post. I couldnt agree more with you about running the ball more. Cozart was having a good game and they didnt give him the ball enough. Overall great game and great atmosphere. Good luck to both teams.

COACH MEADOWS TOP 5 EXCUSES WHY THEY LOST TO WEBB!

5. Webb wasn't playing to win!

4. OMG! I'm not Catholic

3. Needed 6 more TIMEOUTS :roflol:

2. If coach Meyer can blame it on the Flu...... it works for me!

And the No. 1 reason

1. We had prepared to play a team wearing GREEN not BLACK. Very confusing to the boys. :roflol: