Big 8 Football Coaches

Big8fballfan

Two of the states top 6A teams and three of the states top five A teams.I think that could be"close" to one of the toughest schedules .Schools out.

No it ain't even close.

School was out for you a long time ago. There was a time not to long ago when DB played and beat top teams in the state on a pretty regular basis. And when we did lose to those top teams it always went down to the last play and those teams left knowing they had been in a battle and they didn't want anymore. Look at us now. Being a Greenville transplant, you haven't been around the program long enough to know what the tradition is here. You may think you know. But you have no ideal.

Your flat out wrong.Being a Greeneville transplant only means that I know way to well what Dobyns-Bennett's history and tradition is.I know what it's like to line up against DB and I know what it's like for my son to line up against Greeneville for Dobyns-Bennett.Our boys fought hard against the number one team in the state and that game was not over until we were just worn out later in the game.We took the number "4" 5A team into the fourth quarter and could have won.We just screwed up against the number ''10'' 6A team and I still think we should have won.Same thing last week against Boone, if you do all the things we did,your not going to win,and you tell me how they only got 15 yards taken away in flags.The thing is,this team is young and has made a ton of mistakes that will beat you every time.I never heard one player blame the coach the other day,but they are well aware of the things that got them beat.Yes we should have beat McMinn and if you look at one play that changed the game,{fake punt} you will see that it was cheating and nobody caught it at the time.McMinn gave Farragut a tough game the next week,but yes we should have killed them.We have a fine coach and a great staff,and knowing the past so well,how many other DB coaches have taken the Tribe to the final four in the playoffs. :wacko: I'll take the rest of this back off.Roll Tribe

Are you the one that bought the beach front property in Kentucky? :roflol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waco,your not going to unload the beach front you bought on me.I'm the one with the facts and just waiting on that long list of coaches that have taken Dobyns-Bennett to the final four in the playoffs :mrgreen:

I'll go ahead and give you one name to get you started. Graham Clark{Three trips to the semi-finals} There is a lot of tradition before I moved to Kingsport,so let's get those names rolling. :thumb:

Waco,your not going to unload the beach front you bought on me.I'm the one with the facts and just waiting on that long list of coaches that have taken Dobyns-Bennett to the final four in the playoffs :mrgreen:

I'll go ahead and give you one name to get you started. Graham Clark{Three trips to the semi-finals} There is a lot of tradition before I moved to Kingsport,so let's get those names rolling. :thumb:

Look Mo-Ron, I never said we have had a long line of coaches that have taken DB deep into the playoffs. And I have given Clark his props when he has done a good job. I posted on here before that at one time we had the best coaching staff in the state. Graham Clark has lost to more forth seaded teams in the first round than he has been to the final four. Every single 1st round loss has been to underdogs. He has now lost the last 5 out of 6 games and 3 of those games were to lesser teams. He keeps telling us over and over that he's not doing a very good job of coaching. He agrees with me...Not you. You have NO facts. You are as wrong as wrong can be. Last year 75% of the fans in the stands were questioning Clarks play calling. This year 90% of the fans in the stands question Clarks play calling, even the anouncer. This excludes the Band parents who don't even know which team is which. I know Graham Clark and all the coaches are fine men. Some of the best people in the community. But their not doing a very good job of coaching and haven't been for some time now. Like I said before, at one time they were the best staff in the state. But that was then and this is now. Their record proves me right and proves you wrong. So go away.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will somebody please break out the violins for these DB crybabies!!!!!!!!!!! Just face it… the MLC came to play this year. There’s nothing wrong with your coach other than he’s getting lazy against the local teams that you guys have run shotgun over for the last several years. I’ll say it one more time… read my lips… YOU DON’T HAVE THE PLAYERS THIS YEAR!!! You can try to rationalize your way around it if you want to, but the fact is CS is by himself this year… and the secret is out. WaCo I know you and your buddies are going to insist that the talent to win is still there at DB this year… and to that I say show me the money. Let’s see somebody outside of CS make real headlines at DB this year. You don’t see the drop in quality skilled position players on this team because it doesn’t happen at DB very often. But now that all the kids that usually make up the big numbers on the sidelines at DB are getting tired of just that (sitting on the bench), parents are getting wise and looking for other opportunities (South, North, etc…) and are not settling for just being a part of the mighty DB Indian “winningest school in the State with no Gold Balls” tradition B) (LOL). And for most of them that decision has paid off big time. They may not be part of that bigger than life tradition at DB, but their kids are getting to play, and in most cases becoming standouts… and being recognized. Definitely a rational trade off IMO. And who made the LUDICROUS statement that Gram Clark has been getting out coached for years?! How ridiculous!! You clowns are so wrapped up in your own world. It’s offensive to here some of your propaganda!!! If anything, Gram Clark has been turning water into wine for the last three or four years. That’s right… over achievers!!!

Just take these butt kickins this year like men (because you have to know you have at least two more coming courtesy of the ol’ Mountain Lakes Conference) :mrgreen: lorl. Some may be good sports or whatever, and give you guys a pass this year… but I’m not one of them!!!!! :thumb: Lol All the crap the rest of us have had to deal with over the last… heck I can’t remember when the DB faithful (many…not all) haven’t had an arrogant attitude toward the rest of us commoners. Well… KARMA… that’s all I have to say!!! B)

Since the State playoffs began DB has made it into the semis 4 times. '76,'98',00' & 02'.

http://www.murphyfair.com/playoffhistory93.html

Change is inevitable. My best guesses are Doc will be done after this year and Coach C will finish when his boy is done. But change for the sake of change rarely is worth the change. GC is a good man. His time will come and when it does it I hope it was on his own terms not on coacht terms. Be careful what you wish for.

and just remember

43% of all statistics are worthless.

A bad plan is better than no plan

Don’t argue with a fool. The spectators can’t tell the difference

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will somebody please break out the violins for these DB crybabies!!!!!!!!!!! Just face it… the MLC came to play this year. There’s nothing wrong with your coach other than he’s getting lazy against the local teams that you guys have run shotgun over for the last several years. I’ll say it one more time… read my lips… YOU DON’T HAVE THE PLAYERS THIS YEAR!!! You can try to rationalize your way around it if you want to, but the fact is CS is by himself this year… and the secret is out. WaCo I know you and your buddies are going to insist that the talent to win is still there at DB this year… and to that I say show me the money. Let’s see somebody outside of CS make real headlines at DB this year. You don’t see the drop in quality skilled position players on this team because it doesn’t happen at DB very often. But now that all the kids that usually make up the big numbers on the sidelines at DB are getting tired of just that (sitting on the bench), parents are getting wise and looking for other opportunities (South, North, etc…) and are not settling for just being a part of the mighty DB Indian “winningest school in the State with no Gold Balls” tradition :lol: (LOL). And for most of them that decision has paid off big time. They may not be part of that bigger than life tradition at DB, but their kids are getting to play, and in most cases becoming standouts… and being recognized. Definitely a rational trade off IMO. And who made the LUDICROUS statement that Gram Clark has been getting out coached for years?! How ridiculous!! You clowns are so wrapped up in your own world. It’s offensive to here some of your propaganda!!! If anything, Gram Clark has been turning water into wine for the last three or four years. That’s right… over achievers!!!

Just take these butt kickins this year like men (because you have to know you have at least two more coming courtesy of the ol’ Mountain Lakes Conference) :roflol: lorl. Some may be good sports or whatever, and give you guys a pass this year… but I’m not one of them!!!!! :lol: Lol All the crap the rest of us have had to deal with over the last… heck I can’t remember when the DB faithful (many…not all) haven’t had an arrogant attitude toward the rest of us commoners. Well… KARMA… that’s all I have to say!!! :lol:

You crack me up, Cap!! Don't give them a free pass. It's so fun to see them fighting with each other. Look at the bright side though, maybe you won't have to worry about one and done this year. :thumb:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will somebody please break out the violins for these DB crybabies!!!!!!!!!!! Just face it… the MLC came to play this year. There’s nothing wrong with your coach other than he’s getting lazy against the local teams that you guys have run shotgun over for the last several years. I’ll say it one more time… read my lips… YOU DON’T HAVE THE PLAYERS THIS YEAR!!! You can try to rationalize your way around it if you want to, but the fact is CS is by himself this year… and the secret is out. WaCo I know you and your buddies are going to insist that the talent to win is still there at DB this year… and to that I say show me the money. Let’s see somebody outside of CS make real headlines at DB this year. You don’t see the drop in quality skilled position players on this team because it doesn’t happen at DB very often. But now that all the kids that usually make up the big numbers on the sidelines at DB are getting tired of just that (sitting on the bench), parents are getting wise and looking for other opportunities (South, North, etc…) and are not settling for just being a part of the mighty DB Indian “winningest school in the State with no Gold Balls” tradition :lol: (LOL). And for most of them that decision has paid off big time. They may not be part of that bigger than life tradition at DB, but their kids are getting to play, and in most cases becoming standouts… and being recognized. Definitely a rational trade off IMO. And who made the LUDICROUS statement that Gram Clark has been getting out coached for years?! How ridiculous!! You clowns are so wrapped up in your own world. It’s offensive to here some of your propaganda!!! If anything, Gram Clark has been turning water into wine for the last three or four years. That’s right… over achievers!!!

Just take these butt kickins this year like men (because you have to know you have at least two more coming courtesy of the ol’ Mountain Lakes Conference) :roflol: lorl. Some may be good sports or whatever, and give you guys a pass this year… but I’m not one of them!!!!! :lol: Lol All the crap the rest of us have had to deal with over the last… heck I can’t remember when the DB faithful (many…not all) haven’t had an arrogant attitude toward the rest of us commoners. Well… KARMA… that’s all I have to say!!! :lol:

You crack me up, Cap!! Don't give them a free pass. It's so fun to see them fighting with each other. Look at the bright side though, maybe you won't have to worry about one and done this year. :thumb:

My oh My Wildcat has made his apperance.Or is it ET Memphis Fan? Get out the Reb Flags!

Just take these butt kickins this year like men (because you have to know you have at least two more coming courtesy of the ol’ Mountain Lakes Conference) :roflol: lorl. Some may be good sports or whatever, and give you guys a pass this year… but I’m not one of them!!!!! :thumb: Lol All the crap the rest of us have had to deal with over the last… heck I can’t remember when the DB faithful (many…not all) haven’t had an arrogant attitude toward the rest of us commoners. Well… KARMA… that’s all I have to say!!! :lol:

Graham Clark agrees with me.......not you. :lol:

Just take these butt kickins this year like men (because you have to know you have at least two more coming courtesy of the ol’ Mountain Lakes Conference) :roflol: lorl. Some may be good sports or whatever, and give you guys a pass this year… but I’m not one of them!!!!! :thumb: Lol All the crap the rest of us have had to deal with over the last… heck I can’t remember when the DB faithful (many…not all) haven’t had an arrogant attitude toward the rest of us commoners. Well… KARMA… that’s all I have to say!!! :lol:

Dr. Hudson Code Blue, Dr. Hudson Code Blue, 1800 Legion Dr. Quick...nurse...get me 100 mg Epinephrine...STAT! 75 mg Versat...STAT! Paddles please!...Put one on Center St. and one on Ft. Henry Dr....full power...hit it!.../.~^&*#@_____________*&^%$#@^^^^^^^^^Dr.....you did it! Nurse I want an oxygen tent from Center St. to Ft. Henry Dr. all the way to Eastman Rd. and back to the Fire Hall. No visitors. Cancel all sporting events for the rest of the year. Later that night...call...Dr. Hudson...Dr. Hudson...yes what is it...there is a couple men out here that say they have an appointment with destiny at 1800 Legion Dr....one is riding a horse with a long white beard and a long sword carrying a Rebel Flag and the other says his name is Thor and he has a steel chest guard on and a funny looking hat. He also has a ball and chain with sharp spikes in it. He has our head nurse dragging her by the hair of the head. They keep saying, "We demand justice!" All right, all right...tell them we will play beginning October 2nd. But until then no more visitors. OK Dr. but he says he's taking our head nurse with him. Let him go, let him go...he'll bring her back in a few weeks. She needs to learn a little humility anyway. The guy on the horse...he didn't say anything about wanting people to pick cotton did he? No but he keeps talking about the honor of his men and the rightousness of the South and he keeps singing...ole' times there are not fergottin', look away, look away, look,....I can't make it all out. But he is chewing something and spitting on the floor. Fine just let them go...anything they want...just get rid of them...and summon the chiefs...I need a raise to have to deal with this #$%^! :lol:

Dr. Hudson Code Blue, Dr. Hudson Code Blue, 1800 Legion Dr. Quick...nurse...get me 100 mg Epinephrine...STAT! 75 mg Versat...STAT! Paddles please!...Put one on Center St. and one on Ft. Henry Dr....full power...hit it!.../.~^&*#@_____________*&^%$#@^^^^^^^^^Dr.....you did it! Nurse I want an oxygen tent from Center St. to Ft. Henry Dr. all the way to Eastman Rd. and back to the Fire Hall. No visitors. Cancel all sporting events for the rest of the year. Later that night...call...Dr. Hudson...Dr. Hudson...yes what is it...there is a couple men out here that say they have an appointment with destiny at 1800 Legion Dr....one is riding a horse with a long white beard and a long sword carrying a Rebel Flag and the other says his name is Thor and he has a steel chest guard on and a funny looking hat. He also has a ball and chain with sharp spikes in it. He has our head nurse dragging her by the hair of the head. They keep saying, "We demand justice!" All right, all right...tell them we will play beginning October 2nd. But until then no more visitors. OK Dr. but he says he's taking our head nurse with him. Let him go, let him go...he'll bring her back in a few weeks. She needs to learn a little humility anyway. The guy on the horse...he didn't say anything about wanting people to pick cotton did he? No but he keeps talking about the honor of his men and the rightousness of the South and he keeps singing...ole' times there are not fergottin', look away, look away, look,....I can't make it all out. But he is chewing something and spitting on the floor. Fine just let them go...anything they want...just get rid of them...and summon the chiefs...I need a raise to have to deal with this #$%^! :lol:

WOW! That herbal weight loss stuff is powerful!