Alcoa makes rivals 100 debut

ILuvsports

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this group of Tornadoes may have put a pounding on another Midget team a few years back and that is why there is some animosity....who knows.

But when the public/private split happened a few years back, It was called the "Brentwood Academy rule."

When the T$$AA creates 2 more cla$$ifications for open zone schools, one thing is for sure........

It will not be called the "Alcoa rule."

Wonder who it will be named after????? :roflol::thumb::roflol:

MLREB you seem to whine about everything. When Alcoa pounded murvil, he made excuses and gave no credit to Alcoa. Now you bring up the open zone talk. Just give the small school some credit and get over it.

Try practicing accuracy in posting. Not only did I give Alcoa credit but I broke the game down to a T one week before it happened. Maryville could play Alcoa 10 times this year and win ZERO.

As for the OOZ players.....I LMBO at some of your fans that wave the 550 student banner and what an accomplishment it is to win against larger schools. When you have a 37% OOZ roster make up it really doesn't matter how large or small your school is. Alcoa has built line strength and depth with OOZ players and if you don't think that is a HUGE advantage then you know very little about football and position importance.

Being a Maryville fan we are well aware of the advantage of having OOZ players though Maryville never had the sheer numbers that Alcoa currently has. They did have difference makers in the past and it had a lot to do with the win streak, particularly in the early wins. Today, it's Alcoa with their meager $500.00 tuition and room to fill the team roster that is attracting the kids from Blount and surrounding counties to the program. In addition to the opportunity to possess a ring and even solid academics. I don't blame parents for sending their kids to Alcoa. It's just funny how Alcoa fans taunt other schools with the small school fallacy and actually believe that the OOZ players do not make a HUGE difference. We have been there and completely understand the benefit it gives.

BTW....congrats on the national ranking.....well deserved.

Wow how old is that argument. How many times do we have to tell you people that the majority of the kids that play and make a big impact are from alcoa.

You can tell than as many times as you want and it doesn't make it true.....maybe in your mind.

Look at our atheletes who are playing d1 and who have played d1 they are from alcoa.

You have one less as of yesterday. In my opinion he was the best athlete/football player to come out of Alcoa in many years. Best of luck to the kid but I am afraid he will end up like the many others. Hope not....

Wow how old is that argument. How many times do we have to tell you people that the majority of the kids that play and make a big impact are from alcoa.

You can tell than as many times as you want and it doesn't make it true.....maybe in your mind.

No I am telling you and everyone else on here that because i am from alcoa and know the truth. I know it is hard to believe but go over to the highschool and talk to the coaches about the kids that play and make an impact. Ask them where they live. You will be informed then. Please only speak of what you know.

Look at our atheletes who are playing d1 and who have played d1 they are from alcoa.

You have one less as of yesterday. In my opinion he was the best athlete/football player to come out of Alcoa in many years. Best of luck to the kid but I am afraid he will end up like the many others. Hope not....

MLREB you seem to whine about everything. When Alcoa pounded murvil, he made excuses and gave no credit to Alcoa. Now you bring up the open zone talk. Just give the small school some credit and get over it.

Try practicing accuracy in posting. Not only did I give Alcoa credit but I broke the game down to a T one week before it happened. Maryville could play Alcoa 10 times this year and win ZERO.

As for the OOZ players.....I LMBO at some of your fans that wave the 550 student banner and what an accomplishment it is to win against larger schools. When you have a 37% OOZ roster make up it really doesn't matter how large or small your school is. Alcoa has built line strength and depth with OOZ players and if you don't think that is a HUGE advantage then you know very little about football and position importance.

Being a Maryville fan we are well aware of the advantage of having OOZ players though Maryville never had the sheer numbers that Alcoa currently has. They did have difference makers in the past and it had a lot to do with the win streak, particularly in the early wins. Today, it's Alcoa with their meager $500.00 tuition and room to fill the team roster that is attracting the kids from Blount and surrounding counties to the program. In addition to the opportunity to possess a ring and even solid academics. I don't blame parents for sending their kids to Alcoa. It's just funny how Alcoa fans taunt other schools with the small school fallacy and actually believe that the OOZ players do not make a HUGE difference. We have been there and completely understand the benefit it gives.

Well here is something to think about mlreb. Do you actually know how small the city of alcoa is? Also i lived in louisville growing up and paid tuition to go to alcoa where i played football and basketball. Here are the reasons why.1) To get a better education. (zoned for wb) 2) To play sports for a school that i had ties to from youth leagues. 3) To not drive so far out of the way. (alcoa seven min from my house wb and heritage twenty and thirty min away.) 4) For a little diversity which helped me be more equipped to deal with the real world. So there are several reasons that i went to alcoa and payed tuition. Think about how many other kids live closer to alcoa than any other school but are technically not in the city limits because of tax reasons. So come on now get your head out of the sand and use a little common since here with your argument. Also alcoa is getting bigger with the ongoing developement of andover, crosswinds, and st ives. So take that into consideration too. I would say that almost every team has a few players on their team that dont live in the same city or county. It just makes you upset because we are so good and you don't understand how so the only thing that you can come up with is the open zone thing which is a little bush league if you ask me.

Well here is something to think about mlreb. Do you actually know how small the city of alcoa is? Also i lived in louisville growing up and paid tuition to go to alcoa where i played football and basketball. Here are the reasons why.1) To get a better education. (zoned for wb) 2) To play sports for a school that i had ties to from youth leagues. 3) To not drive so far out of the way. (alcoa seven min from my house wb and heritage twenty and thirty min away.) 4) For a little diversity which helped me be more equipped to deal with the real world. So there are several reasons that i went to alcoa and payed tuition. Think about how many other kids live closer to alcoa than any other school but are technically not in the city limits because of tax reasons. So come on now get your head out of the sand and use a little common since here with your argument. Also alcoa is getting bigger with the ongoing developement of andover, crosswinds, and st ives. So take that into consideration too. I would say that almost every team has a few players on their team that dont live in the same city or county. It just makes you upset because we are so good and you don't understand how so the only thing that you can come up with is the open zone thing which is a little bush league if you ask me.

Who is arguing? I'm just stating facts. Alcoa has not broken the rules nor have they recruited. I am just stating that Alcoa has 37% OOZ players on their roster and that it greatly benefits the success of the team....especially against larger schools. It doesn't matter how large or small a school is with such a high influx of OOZ players. I will say this again for those with comprehension issues......Alcoa has always had great athletes that are home grown. What Alcoa has not been able to do in the past is build a strong supporting group of lineman with the home grown kids and there are very few exceptions. With the 37% OOZ players on the roster Alcoa has not only built a strong line on both sides of the ball but tremendous depth. Why kids go to Alcoa is not what I am pointing out.......just that they greatly benefit as Maryville did with a wealth of OOZ players such as their top player and the Kentucky commit....their QB, two starting offensive lineman.....three starting defensive lineman....and that's just off the top of the head...there are more. Regardless of why you went to Alcoa most if not all of these kids go there for football and a chance to escape the turmoil of Heritage, William Blount, and several of the surrounding Knox and Loudon County schools.

I am pointing out.......just that they greatly benefit as Maryville did with a wealth of OOZ players

Here is the main reason 'lil reb whines so much........Maryville is now their own worst enemy. Their success in sports and academics has pushed the enrollment up to 6A levels and the high school system is now at capacity. To slow the flood of OOZ players and students, Maryville increased the tuition to $2200. Now with the enrollment at 1555 students, Maryville can no longer take OOZ players like they have for the last 10 years of Maryville's successful years.

But, Alcoa could still bring in tuition students up to two years ago. Now, with Alcoa at capacity, only tuition students in the system and meeting academic requirements can stay at Alcoa. No OOZ students are being accepted at Alcoa currently. Plans are in the works to increase capacity of Alcoa High School. That should help Alcoa compete in 3A for years to come! :thumb:

Bottom line, Maryville had to turn the OOZ flood gate off and lil' rel is jealous! :thumb: