District 14 A

volfan007

Bigster,

Trenton will have a chance to knock off Bradford Tuesday night if I read the schedule right. It could happen. I was impressed with Trenton, we barely got out of there with a win. What do you think?

It should be a good game..Yall have Halls I believe..!Is the Greenfield-Gleason game at Greenfield and it starts at 6 right?

And by the way..It's suppose to be about 60 degrees..Turn the heat down...lol..

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigster,

Trenton will have a chance to knock off Bradford Tuesday night if I read the schedule right. It could happen. I was impressed with Trenton, we barely got out of there with a win. What do you think?

Trenton has some athletes and can beat anyone of our teams on a given night! But we don't need to be worring about that game..we need to take care of business at Humboldt..A team that plays about the same way as Lake Co..but rebounds the ball better..!I was wanting to go to the Bradford-Gleason game the other night but my son didnt get home in time from Lake Co..But I also didnt tell him I was wanting to go..I've already told him I wanted to go to the Greenfield-Gleason game..if it's at Greenfield!

Bigster,

It should be a good game..Yall have Halls I believe..!Is the Greenfield-Gleason game at Greenfield and it starts at 6 right?

And by the way..It's suppose to be about 60 degrees..Turn the heat down...lol..

Bigster,

No team is in better physical condition than Gleason. Randy Frazier has always ran them year round over there so I'm afraid the "run the heat up" would work against us. Ha!

bigster quote: I was wanting to go to the Bradford-Gleason game the other night but my son didnt get home in time from Lake Co..But I also didnt tell him I was wanting to go..I've already told him I wanted to go to the Greenfield-Gleason game..if it's at Greenfield!

I looked for that green jacket at Bradford the other night, I was saving you a seat. Come on over Monday night at 6:30, I'll buy you a Wimpy burger if you will sit on Greenfield's side and pull for us.

I may try and come over to Greenfield tomorrow and check out that game. I'm not too sure I'll enjoy watching Gleason pass the ball around 15 times per possession in order to get off a shot, but it should be a good game.

Just for debate on here...what do you guys think about the way Gleason plays the game offensively? This is no knock towards Gleason as they have won state championships with the way they play. Gleason has my respect as a dominant Single A power here in West TN year after year. However, play like this could wind up resulting in a shot clock of some sort in all of high school basketball. Me and some people were talking about it the other night and Gleason was brought up.

Randy Frazier was one of the best coaches in Tennessee. Gleason is one of the smallest schools in Tennessee. Randy was the best at making the most out of the talent he had on his team and sometimes that means keeping the ball out of the hands of the other team. It may not be pretty but it was effective for Gleason and its real pretty when you bring a Gold Ball back home from Murfreesboro.

GCPioneer, I would bet you the shot clock is coming and it wont be long! If you come over to the Gleason game come by and sit with me. I will be on the front row, 50 yardline.

I don't think the shot clock will be a factor. We will just have to change the way we play some of the time instead of 15 passes, we'll just pass 8...LOL... We play the way we do because we can, sometimes that's smart and sometimes not so smart.(just my opinion). But I've also seen other teams we have played that do the same thing. I guess it's just the way some coaches like to do. One thing we do need to improve on is making quicker and accurate passes..(my opinion again). I guess it's a timing thing.(Making sure the player is there before you pass it) But I'm really surprised there hasn't already been a shot clock put in..We will see... :thumb::lol::D

ok you all may think that just because trenton suffered a lost to dyersburg that they wont make it out of their district or to the state tournament (and no not sitting in the stands watching, we will definitely competing for a state title.) i will definitely take my chances with those odds of trenton makin it out of the district....greenfield....they cannot keep up with the speed of peabody...just to let you all know who keeps saying trenton has been down for several years and that they havent been good, well newsflash trenton was in sub-state in 08, so we havent been out of the competition too long. dont kid yourselves. trenton is making a name for themselves this year....just watch and see. Bradford lost a lot of key players last year,....so as far as them competing with peabody...wow....i will give them some credit they do still have that wallsmith girl though, so we will wait and see. Lake County has TT Flowers...one man cant beat five....show me a team that has and maybe i will shut my mouth.....and yes these are bold predictions, but they are definitely strong and doubtless.

Just bringing the post above from Harper for some fun..Haven't heard much from Harper lately..Just was wondering what Harper thinks about Trenton's chances..about Greenfield..Bradford and Molly Wallsmith and Lake Co having only one man and she hasn't seen 1 man beat 5 yet..I believe that 1 man won by 31 points...lol..Just missing you Harper..!

Yes, I know long time no message. I honestly still believe our chances are great as long as we go out every night and take care of business and play up to the potential we have....its nights like the Lake County game that makes are chances smaller...i can admit we had a bad night and didnt come ready to play and anytime a team does that, then no you wont win a game and it will appear that a one man team can beat 5 players. I must say yes Lake County has some good shooters....when they come to our gym, the outcome is sure to be a whole lot different..trust me. As far as Greenfield Galey is a great developing player and they play well as a team...they slipped by with a outrageous 3 seconds in the lane call just as we were going for the shot to tie the game...we play them again and they are definitely due an L from us. Bradford they are just as good as any other team in our district on any given night...Wallsmith is definitely carrying them on her shoulders. :wub:

I see Peabody making a run at state this year. From my eyes they have very physically quick athletes who can run the floor just as good as anybody. They are without question the best athletic in their district. I see Peabody, Lake County, and maybe Bradford, Humboldt, or Union City in third and below. :wub:

I was just looking at your predictions..You are pretty close..Did you mean to have Greenfield's name at the top spot instead of Trenton's ?I don't see Greenfield even listed..lol..Just having some fun Harper..You livened the posts up for about a week and then you disappeared..!

No sir, I meant just what i said, Trenton will be in the top four. Maybe Greenfield will be above Union City who knows. So Im Back now, Mr. Bigster. :wub:

ok you all may think that just because trenton suffered a lost to dyersburg that they wont make it out of their district or to the state tournament (and no not sitting in the stands watching, we will definitely competing for a state title.) i will definitely take my chances with those odds of trenton makin it out of the district....greenfield....they cannot keep up with the speed of peabody...just to let you all know who keeps saying trenton has been down for several years and that they havent been good, well newsflash trenton was in sub-state in 08, so we havent been out of the competition too long. dont kid yourselves. trenton is making a name for themselves this year....just watch and see. Bradford lost a lot of key players last year,....so as far as them competing with peabody...wow....i will give them some credit they do still have that wallsmith girl though, so we will wait and see. Lake County has TT Flowers...one man cant beat five....show me a team that has and maybe i will shut my mouth.....and yes these are bold predictions, but they are definitely strong and doubtless.

Just bringing the post above from Harper for some fun..Haven't heard much from Harper lately..Just was wondering what Harper thinks about Trenton's chances..about Greenfield..Bradford and Molly Wallsmith and Lake Co having only one man and she hasn't seen 1 man beat 5 yet..I believe that 1 man won by 31 points...lol..Just missing you Harper..!

Yes, I know long time no message. I honestly still believe our chances are great as long as we go out every night and take care of business and play up to the potential we have....its nights like the Lake County game that makes are chances smaller...i can admit we had a bad night and didnt come ready to play and anytime a team does that, then no you wont win a game and it will appear that a one man team can beat 5 players. I must say yes Lake County has some good shooters....when they come to our gym, the outcome is sure to be a whole lot different..trust me. As far as Greenfield Galey is a great developing player and they play well as a team...they slipped by with a outrageous 3 seconds in the lane call just as we were going for the shot to tie the game...we play them again and they are definitely due an L from us. Bradford they are just as good as any other team in our district on any given night...Wallsmith is definitely carrying them on her shoulders. :wub:

I was just messing with you..Lake Co shot very well against yall..I believe Mariah Matthews hit about 5 three pointers and a couple off the bench hit 4 or 5..Lake Co shot well against Union City also but not as well as against Trenton..If Lake Co shoots like that against other teams..will be tough to beat ..Mariah was hitting from range that many teams wouldnt try to defend..I could see that Trenton has a lot of talent..Next game ,we may not hit anything ..Just hope we hit like that against Humboldt and Greenfield..!

I see Peabody making a run at state this year. From my eyes they have very physically quick athletes who can run the floor just as good as anybody. They are without question the best athletic in their district. I see Peabody, Lake County, and maybe Bradford, Humboldt, or Union City in third and below. :wub:

I was just looking at your predictions..You are pretty close..Did you mean to have Greenfield's name at the top spot instead of Trenton's ?I don't see Greenfield even listed..lol..Just having some fun Harper..You livened the posts up for about a week and then you disappeared..!

No sir, I meant just what i said, Trenton will be in the top four. Maybe Greenfield will be above Union City who knows. So Im Back now, Mr. Bigster. :wub:

Trenton has a chance to make the top 4..Glad to have you back..!