DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

To say the least, coaching in 7AAA is rigerous. The task of keeping programs in the middle of the road is not easy. The new coach at Smyrna did a good job for a first year coach. Look for this school to improve every year. Look for everything to improve at a school that has a lot of tradition. While posts criticizing coaches are not proper, the last post recognizing CD as a gentleman and a very good teacher has been heard from more than a few. What else could be more important? laVergne has a reputation for retooling quickly and next year will be no different. Good luck.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most talented team in the state got put out last night. How much longer will they let this go on? 4 D-1 signees and its ok to get beat in the region semis fire that fool now. His players act like fools he acts like a fool his assistant are assistants. Im so glad there has been an adminstration change maybe they will stop this bafoon from ruining LaVergne Basketball.

While the girls did underachieve late in the year, Mr Dean is a nice guy and deserves a little more respect than this. He is a respected teacher. Since Ms. Seymour is moving on the be a middle school principal, this opens up an assistant principal position and he should get it. At that time, the new head principal could fill the teaching/coaching vacancy. It would be a win-win situation.

But I won't hold my breath for this to happen. It makes too much sense.

Totally agree with you. May not be a nicer guy around. Wish I was completely wrong about how this season was going to turn out. Going 26-4 with all of those losses going to the teams playing tommorrow night, hard to beat that.

The most talented team in the state got put out last night. How much longer will they let this go on? 4 D-1 signees and its ok to get beat in the region semis fire that fool now. His players act like fools he acts like a fool his assistant are assistants. Im so glad there has been an adminstration change maybe they will stop this bafoon from ruining LaVergne Basketball.

What game did you watch last night? Coaching didnt cause lavergne to lose. fatigue did in my opinion they kept it close most of the way made some nice early adjustments but we are so deep with not much of a drop off if any in talent and then they had 2 real good players get into foul trouble and yet they stayed in the game til the end 3 of his 4 losses was to RIVERDALE the other was to blackman last week who had gotten hot at the right time yet again how can you blame that on coaching

Great job Lady Blaze. You've earned your way to the Region Championship game again as well as the substate. What a game by Cox. Has she developed or what. Also the normal great game by Campbell and Jackson. Nowlin also played well. You can definitely feel the loss of Katie Smith. We have lost our depth that we had down low. Norris has to come thru from here on out with good games and not get in foul trouble. Huge challenge against Riverdale but I know you'll be ready.

It is ashame that Riverdale and Lavergne had to play and one of them had to go home but thats the cards that were dealt. Same with Lawrence County/Lavergne loser.

Tyisha Petty reminds me of Latina Davis when she was at Franklin County and the Lady Vols. A very fast and quick guard who could really penetrate and take it to the basket. She will be another great one for Riverdale. Barbee should be recruited by big time colleges. Is she getting any interest from the Lady Vols? I think she is good enough. I know she is only a sophomore but I'm sure the calls should be rolling in. Riverdale you lose Haislip and some other good players but your set for the next 2 years with Barbee and Petty.

Dont forget about Olivia Jones who is also a freshman she has gotten and will continue to get a lot of playing she is legit as well

C'mon now, a little perspective please. The Wolverines have faced MJ, WC, Riverdale and Hillsboro the last 4 years - all State champs and played them very well. Your expectation may be a bit high considering most of those teams had a Miss Basketball winner or for sure MVP

Jazzy and all of the Blue Wave at La Vergne, your school played a good game tonite and lost the game but gained the respect of all of the fans in the District. This was a team with personality and style and had a way of overcoming no matter what happened. It was a school that everyone would come to see just to see your style of play and your fine athletes and we will follow their careers for some time.

Wow!!! What a great group of talented ladies! I have enjoyed watching all of the girls this year and they have all grown into great athletes....I have enjoyed the parents as well, whether it be at the games during the schoolyear or traveling in the summer with AAU. I will miss that this year but I take with me the friendships that I have made along the way and I am sure the girls all feel the same way. We will have to go watch them play in college and continue cheering them on.

Congratulations to the Lady Blaze and wow what a game for Kortnay who had that "refuse to lose" attitude and again, stepped it up to make sure we kept playing.....and just a sophomore - the sky is the limit as she just keeps getting better and better!!! Great job and keep it going!!!! The Lady Blaze are on a mission again and are moving forward.......Congratulations to all of them as it takes the effort of all to pull out that "win." Thanks to the dedication of the coaches who have put in their time, dedication, and have been there for the girls all season long....Great girls, great coaches, and great parents to go with it!! As we go forward without Katie on the court, the girls will continue to play with her in their minds and heart and try to make it to the finish line....We all will pray for a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing her again on the court next year. We definitely miss her on the court!

Great job Lady Blaze. You've earned your way to the Region Championship game again as well as the substate. What a game by Cox. Has she developed or what. Also the normal great game by Campbell and Jackson. Nowlin also played well. You can definitely feel the loss of Katie Smith. We have lost our depth that we had down low. Norris has to come thru from here on out with good games and not get in foul trouble. Huge challenge against Riverdale but I know you'll be ready.

It is ashame that Riverdale and Lavergne had to play and one of them had to go home but thats the cards that were dealt. Same with Lawrence County/Lavergne loser.

Tyisha Petty reminds me of Latina Davis when she was at Franklin County and the Lady Vols. A very fast and quick guard who could really penetrate and take it to the basket. She will be another great one for Riverdale. Barbee should be recruited by big time colleges. Is she getting any interest from the Lady Vols? I think she is good enough. I know she is only a sophomore but I'm sure the calls should be rolling in. Riverdale you lose Haislip and some other good players but your set for the next 2 years with Barbee and Petty.

Dont forget about Olivia Jones who is also a freshman she has gotten and will continue to get a lot of playing she is legit as well

Very True.

What game did you watch last night? Coaching didnt cause lavergne to lose. fatigue did in my opinion they kept it close most of the way made some nice early adjustments but we are so deep with not much of a drop off if any in talent and then they had 2 real good players get into foul trouble and yet they stayed in the game til the end 3 of his 4 losses was to RIVERDALE the other was to blackman last week who had gotten hot at the right time yet again how can you blame that on coaching

Lavergne is very talented but they did go 26-4 and somebody did have to lose. If Riverdale would have lost should they have got rid of Maxwell. They didn't make it to substate last year. I don't think so. Lavergne just happened to be playing in a tough district with a team that is better than them in Riverdale and another team that is about as good as them in Blackman. Unfortunately all 3 of them could not make it any further than they are now. I definitely would not want Blackman to get rid of Hibdon even if they had lost to Shelbyville last night. By the way Riverdale probably has at least 4 D-1 players on its team right now (there just not all seniors) and Blackman has a few to.

With there being about 5 miles of seperation between RHS and BHS maybe TSSAA will make a $$$$ decision and move the Region championship game to a neutral gym in the B'oro. :o I would say since its about 25 miles to Shelbyville and 1/2 tank of gas round trip, if this game were to be played in the B'oro. it would bring a much larger gate here, than in Shelbyville :lol: Only problem is, it makes way to much since and this would offend somebody so it probably will not happen :? I know the faithful will show and be loud no matter how far the travels may go :roll: It's round 8 no 7 or is it 6? I can't keep up its so many. I bet these two teams know the others uniform sizes by now geeeeeeeez', any how lets do this again, again, again, again, again, again, again ect.... GO LADY WARRIORS!!!!

WOW WHAT A GAME AGAIN BY MY LADY WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!this game was never really in doubt...i think blackman got as close as 3 points early in the game but that was about it all of our players played really good!!!!we have now achieved our 3rd goal now its time to go to the next game and reach state championship Clevland is a team that beat us early this year so they will come in knowing they can beat us. I wasnt at that game so i do not know any of the details of the game or anything like that i just know we lost.

I wanna give a shout out to Olivia Jones for making the all region team she got a little"snub"in the district tournament but it was nice to see us have 4 on the team with 2 freshman (ty and Olivia) 1 so(barbie) and 1 SE (J) Ashley Henry also have a great tournament but they cant give to all of our girls lol. I also want to give a big shout out to my girl CANDACE she does not do a whole lot to get in the box score but man does she do a great job on the court both defensivly and offensively she does a great job working on the inside even with girls a head taller and a lot bigger than her and she is NOT afraid to mix it up

I LOVE YALL LADY WARRIORS GREAT GAME TONIGHT I WILL SEE YOU SATURDAY SO WE CAN ADVANCE TO STATE

GO LADY WARRIORS

We are so proud of you Lady Warriors!!! This team is ONE and it show's every time you ladies hit the court. You will cause the coaching staff in Cleveland to grow grey hair after they view the films tomorrow. You ladies worked your tails off to get a home game Saturday and now the faithful will once again get behind you come game time. This Saturday night *802 Warrior Dr. will be rockin in the gym to P.P.I.... P.P.I... Party People Inc. @ Riverdale High :roflol: GO LADY WARRIORS!!!