Richland/Community fist fight during game

cold188

Was not at game but heard the game on the radio. During the third quarter a fist fight broke out. According to radio announcers 2 community players and community coach ejected. After that several more Community players walked. Was anybody there that can give a first hand account?

Congrats to Richland on their first win of the season!! Final Richland 29-7

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was not at game but heard the game on the radio. During the third quarter a fist fight broke out. According to radio announcers 2 community players and community coach ejected. After that several more Community players walked. Was anybody there that can give a first hand account?

Congrats to Richland on their first win of the season!! Final Richland 29-7

:thumb:

Judging from what I heard on the radio it must have been Community's fault. They had all the ejections while Richland had none. Richland got the length of the field in penalty yards given to them. A friend on the team told me Taylor asked everyone to be on their best behavior because Tee Jackson was there so that might explain why Richland didn't fight back. Maybe if T-dog makes it to every game and practice Taylor will start acting right and be a better coach. Do you have time to watch him every day Mr Jackson?

Well,,,, it's about time they won. I don't take much stock in this win though. Community has been beaten pretty bad this yr. and considering we were given alot due to their penalties, I think the score should have been alot different.

We will continue to watch and wait.

Taylor always acts different when T Jackson is around. Good question you had. Does T have the time to "watch" Taylor? Shouldn't have to be this way though. :thumb:

Well, lets get this straight. I was there and I can tell you what happen. NO Coach got ejected. Repeat NO COACH. Two players on the field where ejected. One did throw a haymaker and was ejected and the Coaches and Admin will be taking care of that Monday I'm sure. The other Community player (by film) was pulled down by the face mask by a Richland player, Community player retaliated and pushed a Richland player, he was ejected. Two players were ejected by the sidelines officials. That is all that got ejected by game officials. Two more were sent by the Coaching staff because they left the sidelines. So, total was six players but my understanding could be more if the Admin feels it needs to do so. Now on film, Richland had two players come to fight from sidelines and one player throw a punch. But they have to take care of that. All that is on them. :thumb: So they are not completely innocent in this matter.

This will put Community in a bad spot but the players WILL learn from this I'm for sure of it. The School Admin does not put up with this very well. :o

Now the officials did a good good up to the point of game that the fight broke out. After that things went down hill for the whole game. There were several calls that were not called. Now, that to me is sad. As an official you can not let coaches get on your nerves, you still need to call a fair and honest game for the young men sake. Remember these are 14-18 year old boys. If you have a problem with a coach, talk to him or get game admin to straighten it out. Be professionals. If i disagree, I talk to the officials and listen but I am not threatening to anyone. To many officials have a chip on their shoulders. I have meet many that act and talk very professional. Lately I have seen two that want to throw their weight around. They are the guys that control the field and if I am threating just tell me not act like a jerk.

Now at times these men do not get paid enough to do these job but if you choose to do it be courteous to all involved.

I am not a coach. I volunteer my time to the program. I am courteous to all involved(Press, Game officials, other coaches) I just think we all need to do the same. A little kindness goes a long way. Looking at how all involved(both sides) no wonder our country is in the shape we are in. You may agree with me or not but before you start talking about things get facts straight. If any if my post is wrong you are welcome to correct me but i was there. :thumb:

what kind of coaching is going over there in community to allow fighting? and then even himself as a coach gets kicked out? we used to scrimmage community and they used to always try to start stuff, even during scrimmages, our coach would pull us to keep us from doing anything, and their coach was just like ahh its just them playing hard....

what kind of coaching is going over there in community to allow fighting? and then even himself as a coach gets kicked out? we used to scrimmage community and they used to always try to start stuff, even during scrimmages, our coach would pull us to keep us from doing anything, and their coach was just like ahh its just them playing hard....

NO Coach got ejected. I know that i do not spell well but that is simple. NO COACH. I've been around this team for awhile NO ONE promotes fighting or anything dirty(especially this head coach at Community). I have played and I have had things pulled, I've been bit and all other things and Never called anyone for cheap shots. I just went back to huddle and ran or tackled harder the next (time between whistles).

I think its funny how everyone talks about people they do not even know on here. Its sad. But hey that what we have done.

NO Coach got ejected. I know that i do not spell well but that is simple. NO COACH. I've been around this team for awhile NO ONE promotes fighting or anything dirty(especially this head coach at Community). I have played and I have had things pulled, I've been bit and all other things and Never called anyone for cheap shots. I just went back to huddle and ran or tackled harder the next (time between whistles).

I think its funny how everyone talks about people they do not even know on here. Its sad. But hey that what we have done.

i was just asking about it...i have played community and i doubt cheap shots were "promoted" but i doubt they got in trouble for them. i just remember we scrimmaged yall, some people ended up retalitating, and they got ran the next practice a lot.

According to Shelbyville paper they were already in a fight with Columbia Academy. The administration must not be to strict about all this.

Those boys were suspended for that fight. You all act like you all never did anything wrong. Some of these boys will more than likely be back. I'm not sure but that was talk because the Coaches & Admin were going to correct it. And if you knew our Admin you would not have said your statement.

I"m not even sure why i standing up for all this because I have NO child at this school. Just i like to see these kids get better and help the program get started. I really hate it when people talk about people they do not even know.