Union City @ Greenfield

BigSwo posted.....

"By the way Purple you know me as well. i didnt play for UC it was The Red Devils at SF. But my son plays. You and I had some sunday afternoon backyard scraps a couple of time. My God! What where we thinhing? This crap hurts bad enough with pads on. I see you at the games all the time. Have any ideas who I am?"

I know exactly.... :bored: ....Take the first letters of this name---Arn Anderson----And you got your initials...

Correct ??..I just never have figured out what the BigSwo stands for... :roflol:

Yeah, young and dumb is about the only thing I can think of as to why we did all that without pads.... :bored: ....Especially since we were playing anyway....I guess for me it was the opportunity to actually CARRY the football instead of BLOCK for the ballcarrrier.....

I'm confused as well as to the whereabouts of some of the more vocal Greenfield supporters....I'm also surprised there aren't the other usual "small school" supporters jumping on the Greenfield bandwagon...Course it is only Tuesday...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigSwo posted.....

"By the way Purple you know me as well. i didnt play for UC it was The Red Devils at SF. But my son plays. You and I had some sunday afternoon backyard scraps a couple of time. My God! What where we thinhing? This crap hurts bad enough with pads on. I see you at the games all the time. Have any ideas who I am?"

I know exactly.... :bored: ....Take the first letters of this name---Arn Anderson----And you got your initials...

Correct ??..I just never have figured out what the BigSwo stands for... :roflol:

Yeah, young and dumb is about the only thing I can think of as to why we did all that without pads.... :bored: ....Especially since we were playing anyway....I guess for me it was the opportunity to actually CARRY the football instead of BLOCK for the ballcarrrier.....

I'm confused as well as to the whereabouts of some of the more vocal Greenfield supporters....I'm also surprised there aren't the other usual "small school" supporters jumping on the Greenfield bandwagon...Course it is only Tuesday...

You got me pegged. The BigSwo nick is something that a crazy guy called me one day that sorta just stuck. I made some joke about him being so skinny he could hang glide on a Dorito and everyone laughed. So he said something about me being big and swoll up. Then he said you are just Big SWO. Yep ......

... Like glue. Some people only know me by that nick. So now, its more a term of endearment. I guess it could be worse. It could be BigFlop.

I agree with P & G. What is HARD for me to understand is how we blow two games like we did. Both were just alike. This has happen before and I remember those Memphis teams that came up here for a "Rent A Win" when Fishel was coach ...we had them down by at least 22 points and came back to win. WE have the leadership on the team...the injury bug has been around but that doesn't work. I really belive that UNion City will come out as a new team this week. Now, I have posted in the past week or so about Humboldt. If..."IF" we don't get our *%#@ together... we will see another repeat just like we have against TCA and Huntingdon. I know the coaches and players will be ready and they to will know it is now or never. But in the final tally...I have now learned that for Union City to go deep...( Past Huntingdon ) in the playoff...we will have to throw and defend the throw...if not, they will be home wondering what could have we done different.

I've seen Bowling's offense for a good while now...I saw it firsthand @ Troy when my son played for him for 4 years and I went to five or six of his games when he was at Dyersburg...He is not going to throw the football, it just isn't going to happen....He is not this year for sure because we don't have a passing QB...Our main problem defending the pass is that we don't have anyone that can give our secondary a look in practice...All we can do is just try to rush the opposing QB as hard as we can and hope to disrupt or sack him...Then again, we all saw what Huntingdon did and they had NO threat of a passing game....

I'm also a little discouraged by the fact that when Huntingdon and TCA made their adjustments to stop our running game we didn't adjust our gameplan to attack a different flank...We are not going to have any sort of passing game when we are forced into third and longs and a defense then sets up for a pass..We don't have but a couple of pass routes anyway by the looks of things.....

I always thought if you were to throw the ball at least 10-12 times in this offense you would be able to spread the field more...Throw some passes on first down, something, anything to mix up a defense...I would love to see our tendency report on what we do on 1st and 2nd downs....

The thing is, not being able to throw the football has been nothing new to our teams that were really dominant anyway...Just look at the Chatt. Tyner and Alcoa state championship games...Had we been able to mix things up just a little bit, we would have two Gold Footballs in our trophy case....Had we been able to throw it around a little last year I think we would have at least made the state title game....

Purple you are right again. I cant understand why we cant atleast try some pass attempts. You are dead on when you talk about us making adjustments, or lack there of, because we make it entirely to easy for olks to load up and stop the run. We decide to pass when its way too late. I love the veer but we MUST mix it up. 10 -12 times a game I totally agree. Our next decent team will be Humboldt. Not that the our boys are looking past The Jackets. Only the fans are. Im just saying they are a AA playoff team that has some physical athletic kids who will challenge our guys, And if we cant throw it in some way we could loose again. If i were the Vikes head coach........ Well never mind. Try some screens, swing routes or just haul off and let one of thsoe recivers do something besides just block. Im sure all of this is wishful thinking. When we have a team down we might be able to keep them down by chunkin it once or 5 times. Anyway thats what I think.

BigSwo....

I know you were there two years ago at Greenfield and Gleason....

I'll never underestimate or count any game a win before it's played after sitting in disbelief as Gleason beat us and then doing the same watching Greenfield almost beat us....

All coach Bowling has to do is dig out those two dvds and show them to the team....

**Just a side note on the passing..When CDB came to OCCHS they had a kid named Wes Moore..He had just passed for a whole bunch of yards the year before and actually, I think, had been a Mr. Football finalist...He brought the MidLine Veer/Option attack to the Rebels and ran it even though he had a spread type offense with a passing QB in place....Dyersburg, didn't run the type of offense OC did when CDB came to the Trojans but they had been really successful with the offense James Counce ran...Both places saw fans clamoring to go back to what they did the year before CDB arrived...He stuck to his guns though...Even at UC, Jim Fishel was running the spread offense and he changed it and never wavered**

I may be wrong, but I don't think I have seen a Darren Bowling-coached offense throw 12 passes in one game....

UC will never pass very much under this coaching staff. One of the Coach's favorite sayings is, "Three things can happen when you pass and two of them are bad." UC's two losses this year have everything to do with the two "H's". "Heat" in the first loss and "health" in the second loss. Time has taken care of fixing both of the problems. Only concern now should be how bad they bang themselves up in practice each week.