Union City @ Greenfield

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to say a whole lot.

It seems after the Huntingdon game then the Reble game...things really started to change, mainly the 2nd half of the Hundtingdon game hurt Union City and have not gotten over that yet.

It does seem Union City is having trouble in other places. I think several things goes into consideration. Injuries and thr Flue have kept Union City at bay.

I think if Union City doesn't come out to play with their "A" game on Humboldt...could be a LONG night for the Purple & Gold.

If we can get healthy, things will get better but our bread and butter are kinda banged up right now. Time will only tell.

Humboldt and lake Co. will give Union City naything and everthing they want from what I understand. I also really don't look for us to go very far into the playoffs as well with a possible upset .

Good luck Union City and play hard.

volfan007 posted....

"Atlas, when you get into the playoffs, and the other team is good enough, and well coached enough, to stop the veer; then UC will have troubles. When a team gets a lead on UC, and they have to pass to try to catch up; then UC will have big troubles.

Of course, stopping the veer when you have big, strong lineman, and fast, big, strong backs is a whole nother matter. That offense is so confusing....you have to find the ball, then make the tackle, all the while fighting off blockers."

I agree with this.....

Purple and gold I think you also need to acknowledge that our boys played you very hard. No you were never really threatened, but you only had two offensive scores after three quarters. Ya'll have a very good team and I give credit where credit is due. I think you have to be a little surprised that we held you as long as we did. The stats are in UC's favor no doubt about it, but our boys never gave up and there is a lot to be said about that.

Always great to get a Win! I agree that Greenfield put up a great fight and played to the end, I commend them for that. They always play hard and good luck the rest of the year. I would also like to say that the total efforts and all out desire of our UC Tornadoes does not need to go unnoticed buy our own fan base. I agree that we are not completely in tune right now, but these kids are some of the hardest working kids I have seen. The goal in any season and any sport is to peak when it matters and that is what we need to work toward. The base is there, the effort is there, and the desire to win and get better is there. Here's to another district win, congrats to UC and lets get ready for the Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purple and gold I think you also need to acknowledge that our boys played you very hard. No you were never really threatened, but you only had two offensive scores after three quarters. Ya'll have a very good team and I give credit where credit is due. I think you have to be a little surprised that we held you as long as we did. The stats are in UC's favor no doubt about it, but our boys never gave up and there is a lot to be said about that.

I'll acknowledge the fact the Yellow Jackets played hard....

I don't think they played a full 4 qtrs though....I think when they fumbled into the end zone stopping a sure TD drive they kinda gave up...The stats bear that out...After that turnover it went from 17-0 to 31-0 pretty quick and awfully easy...

And if you will read earlier posts in this thread you will see where I said that Greenfield would fight hard and be sky-high playing at home and that UC would have to play a good game to win...No surprise at all...

Always great to get a Win! I agree that Greenfield put up a great fight and played to the end, I commend them for that. They always play hard and good luck the rest of the year. I would also like to say that the total efforts and all out desire of our UC Tornadoes does not need to go unnoticed buy our own fan base. I agree that we are not completely in tune right now, but these kids are some of the hardest working kids I have seen. The goal in any season and any sport is to peak when it matters and that is what we need to work toward. The base is there, the effort is there, and the desire to win and get better is there. Here's to another district win, congrats to UC and lets get ready for the Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right they do work hard...Much harder than that of two years ago...You can tell it by the work they put in during the summer and their practices are night and day tougher and more physical than in the post Randy Barnes-era...They have been hampered by injuries and with the small amount of players we have anybody suffering an injury will be costly....

I'll take a 13-2 record with a Gold Ball...No doubt....An 8-3 or 7-4 will be a disappointment though, in 1A, with this team....

Final from Greenfield....

Union City...........10.......7........0.........14.....= 31

Greenfield............0........0........0..........0.....= 0

Stats...

Union City:

Rushing-342 yds

First Downs-19

Passing- 0 for 7 Zero yards

Penalties- 10 for 91

Total Yards- 342

J.Worley had 119 yards rushing...Price had 84...Nicks had 64 and Bowling had 61

J.Guerri is now 2 for 2 on FG's and 25 for 26 on PATs

Greenfield:

Rushing-49 yds

First Downs-7

Passing Yards 11 for 17 with 1 INT 22 yards

Total Yards-71

Are you sure these stats for Greenfield are accurate. We had a 4th and 17 and our Qb threw a pass to our tight end. He then fumbled the ball into the end zone. That pass alone was 15 to 18 yards. that means his other 10 completions totaled 4-7 yards. That is not true. I believe he had a few more yards passing then that.

I agree with Hufstedler. These stats are flawed. I know that he 3 or 4 passes that went for more than 10 yards. Now, the rushing stats might be right. I think UC had 4 or 5 sacks that would have made the rushing stats look bad.

Just going by the radio...I thought 11 completions for 22 yards was a questionable stat as well....I'll get the stats from The Messenger and post.....

Greenfield Stats.....

Total Offense - 76

Rushes Att/yards - 32 for 10

Comp.-Att.-Int - 8-15-1

Passing Yards - 66

First Downs - 7

Fumbles-Lost - 5-2

Punts-Avg. - 5-31.4

Penalties-Yards - 2-10

Individual Stats....

Rushing....Tyler Dunning 15-46..Kadeem McDonald 3-9....Jonathon Benson 2-8....Steven Sawyer 3-(-2)...Dalton Potts 9-(-51)

Passing....Dalton Potts 8-14-1-66 yards......Tyler Dunning 0-1-0-0 yards

Receiving....Ty Smithson 3-30.....Tyler Dunning 2-14.....Brady Medling 2-4.....Benjamin Woods 1-18

Stats per Union City Messenger 10-5-2009