Henry Co vs Northeast

kp150150

I would agree the statement that we definately want Shonte to be back as soon as possible, but I also agree that if Jay handles the offense better then he should be the QB and let Shonte play on offense simultaneously. Just think of the possibility of big plays every series with both of them in there. If teams have to defend a passing game that is just as lethal as the running game then it keeps them on their heels and guessing every play. No more loading the box to stop the run.

I agree about loading the box, but the starter is the best passer that I have seen since I have been here. There is a reason why he is the starter. He is also a fine runner at the QB position.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree the statement that we definately want Shonte to be back as soon as possible, but I also agree that if Jay handles the offense better then he should be the QB and let Shonte play on offense simultaneously. Just think of the possibility of big plays every series with both of them in there. If teams have to defend a passing game that is just as lethal as the running game then it keeps them on their heels and guessing every play. No more loading the box to stop the run.

Well props to Jay McCadams, but I've seen him play enough to know he's certainly no Shonte Sims, passing or running. You could make an argument with the fact that he has played mostly with the JV in running clocks, but Shonte is simply a playmaker. He keeps the defense on their heels every time he touches the ball. No offense to Jay McCadams, who I'm sure will do just fine next week if last night was any indication. But if I had to pick my QB, the person who touches the ball every single snap, I'm taking Shonte over McCadams easily. No brainer in my opinion, but thats just me.

But either way, Go Big Red!!!

Shonte is a playmaker, but as we've all seen in the past 2-3 years, he's better known for his defensive plays of pure brilliance. Offenses lined up against HC knowing that he lurks in the secondary like a tiger stalking his prey. Sure he's done exceptionally well this year. However, did anyone else notice how in the second half, whenever Jay was put in the game after Shonte went down, the offense suddenly was revived? He led them on two scoring drives, while also keeping the defense motivated to hold the fierce running game of Northeast to 7 points. It seemed to me that the offensive team was more responsive to McCadams than when Shonte was in there. Now, Shonte is one of the best defensive-back players to come through HC, and his presence will definitely be missed. But I can't believe how some people "RedSwarm10" can doubt Jay's abilities without getting see what he can do with the first-team offense! He played 3 snaps against Liberty with them, only because Shonte caught a minor cramp. Since then, he's been stuck with the second team, and has tried his darndest to make the best out of what little they support him with. West Creek was a prime example, given the sloppy conditions. Bad snaps with the second team, while Sims went on with like 10 total first-team offensive snaps, and never had one bobbled. Give Jay a chance before you count him out of the QB race. I know he'll raise some eyebrows and answer some questions friday night against Clarksville High.

If the coaches are smart, there will be no QB controversy on this team. The starter is not only the starter for a reason, he is the best player on this team. He needs to touch the ball on every play, and that's why he does. The backup is a good one, and hopefully HC can win with him. I was impressed with his poise last week. The offensive production, hoever, in the second half seemed to more a product at the decision to run right at their quick opponent out of the I formation, than having anything to do with who was at QB. That being said, the backup did a good job at what he was asked to do.

Patriot 04 and Redswarm10, we ran the I formation with Shonte as QB plenty of times, and more times than not, we got snuffed out and were forced to punt. The only reason we ran it as much as we did was to run out the clock in the 4th quarter. McCadams had a well-blocked first-down run to move the chains and McFerrin continued to show his presence by plowing his way for 4 yards at a time to also keep the clock running. We didn't do that with Shonte at QB, we would get stuffed on 3rd and 2/3rd and 3. Enter McCadams. Offense suddenly comes alive again, pulls their ears back and shows everyone the hard-nosed HC grind they've shown all year.

Everyone agrees Shonte's a playmaker, and a heck of one at that. Everyone's quick to give Jay the boot when Shonte returns, but fellow HC fans stick with me on this one: Give Jay this next game against Clarksville High, see what he does, and then make your judgement. RedSwarm10 apparently fails to give McCadams a chance with the firsdt team offense, seeing as he HASN'T HAD ONE ALL YEAR. If we watch Jay with the first team, I'm sure we'll see some amazing plays, a fresh morale for our Patriot offense, and the EXPLOSIVENESS that will be brought along with it.

Patriot 04 and Redswarm10, we ran the I formation with Shonte as QB plenty of times, and more times than not, we got snuffed out and were forced to punt. The only reason we ran it as much as we did was to run out the clock in the 4th quarter. McCadams had a well-blocked first-down run to move the chains and McFerrin continued to show his presence by plowing his way for 4 yards at a time to also keep the clock running. We didn't do that with Shonte at QB, we would get stuffed on 3rd and 2/3rd and 3. Enter McCadams. Offense suddenly comes alive again, pulls their ears back and shows everyone the hard-nosed HC grind they've shown all year.

Everyone agrees Shonte's a playmaker, and a heck of one at that. Everyone's quick to give Jay the boot when Shonte returns, but fellow HC fans stick with me on this one: Give Jay this next game against Clarksville High, see what he does, and then make your judgement. RedSwarm10 apparently fails to give McCadams a chance with the firsdt team offense, seeing as he HASN'T HAD ONE ALL YEAR. If we watch Jay with the first team, I'm sure we'll see some amazing plays, a fresh morale for our Patriot offense, and the EXPLOSIVENESS that will be brought along with it.

Xpress15...you don't get a vote, I don't get a vote, RedSwarm doesn't get a vote, Patriot04 doesn't get a vote, not even the Yanker gets a vote! True, Jay is a great young man and is an execellent talent. He would start at QB on 90% of the other high school teams in Tennessee. He will get the start at Clarksville High and we all hope he is as successful as he was last Friday leading the offense! HOWEVER, when Shonte becomes healthy and is back at full speed, SHONTE WILL BE THE STARTER!!!

Your stats and ideas about when Shonte's at QB and the Patriots are in the I-formation opposed to when Jay in at QB when the Patriots are in the I-formation is NONSENSE, FOOLISH, and you are living in a DREAM WORLD! Do ALL Patriot fans a favor...support the entire team whoever is at QB...and BE QUIET about the things you think to be true but KNOW NOTHING ABOUT...and don't reveal your true identity or there may be some fans ready to kick you in the teeth!!

RedWarrior is correct....spoken like a wise old coach.. The reason Shonte is at QB is because he's the best athlete on the field...therefore, he needs to touch the ball on EVERY play! This point is not debatable in the fieldhouse, in the stadium, and does not warrant debate on this or any other forum!

point 1: could it also be the fact that the offense was now playing for their fallen leader and it was their duty to win the game for him?

point 2: are you suggesting that there's bad morale with Shonte at quarterback? how exactly will it be more explosive with Jay at QB?

This is about TEAM! Not Shonte, not Jay. Gaddis has already made his decision as to who the starter is before the season began. When Shonte is healthy, he will be the starter. Period.

2-3 or more new posters emerge in a forum, all STRONG opinions and ALOT to say.....something smells fishy around here.

okay, i guess we will see friday night then. I'm not dissing McCadams, i'm proud of the way he came in and handled the situation. As i stated on the Clarksville post, i still expect that the Patriots will come out, fight hard, and do whatever it takes to win. I just believe that Shonte is too good of an athelete to not be our undisputed starter. I'm not saying the QB has to be the best athelete on the team, because that isn't the case, i'm just going with our history, and historically, our best athelete has been the qb and we have fared well that way. If our offense improves with McCadams at the helm, then i will come on here and admit i was wrong and continue supporting the big red no matter who's playing QB. Best of luck to the Pats friday night.

This is about TEAM! Not Shonte, not Jay. Gaddis has already made his decision as to who the starter is before the season began. When Shonte is healthy, he will be the starter. Period.

2-3 or more new posters emerge in a forum, all STRONG opinions and ALOT to say.....something smells fishy around here.

I agree, this is about the team. And this team is 7-0, ready to go into a battle with Clarksville next week. Lets get that W, then get rested up and healthy for the battle of the barrell.

GO BIG RED!!!

okay, i guess we will see friday night then. I'm not dissing McCadams, i'm proud of the way he came in and handled the situation. As i stated on the Clarksville post, i still expect that the Patriots will come out, fight hard, and do whatever it takes to win. I just believe that Shonte is too good of an athelete to not be our undisputed starter. I'm not saying the QB has to be the best athelete on the team, because that isn't the case, i'm just going with our history, and historically, our best athelete has been the qb and we have fared well that way. If our offense improves with McCadams at the helm, then i will come on here and admit i was wrong and continue supporting the big red no matter who's playing QB. Best of luck to the Pats friday night.

I personally would look for what gives you the best balance; people make good arguments by saying w/ the best athlete at QB your best player touches the ball every play. Also its not a matter of being the leader or not at QB as much in hs football. Does this McCadams kid throw the ball better than Sims and does he manage the offense adequately enough for there not to be a drop-off? If the answer to both of those questions are yes, then Sims could play as a wing/reciever/wildcat or whatever and actually enhance the offense IMHO. Whatever the coach decides to do however, I am sure it will be fine.....